TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

WWE Backlash 2008

the crowd was happy I guess

of course these are the same fans who cheered Cena like he was god when he came out and boo every time he got the upper hand.

This will be his first (likely) extended title run since early 2005. For a guy who is a top player in the company, he has spent alot of time without the championship. He had to get the title back at some point.

I agree to an extent. But even without the title he is always in the top feud.

Wow, it feels like 2003 in here.

Hey, another HHH title run doesn't impress me enough to watch (other than Mania, I haven't watched the product in almost a year), but I think it's funny seeing so many HHHSUXGOTOHELLHUNTER! comments pop up again.

This will be his first (likely) extended title run since early 2005. For a guy who is a top player in the company, he has spent alot of time without the championship. He had to get the title back at some point.

I agree to an extent. But even without the title he is always in the top feud.

He is hardly the only one in the company given that treatment.

Hate to take away from the endless HHH debate, but I missed the diva tag tonight. How did Nattie Neidhart look? Did she get a decent amount of time in the ring?

He's one of the biggest stars in the company and he hasn't held the title since 2005. Get over it.

Hour.

With Taker and HHH face champions with played out heel feuds waiting for them, expect wholesale heel swaps sooner than later. I believe there is another 3hr Raw in June...

Who?

I thought was a perfectly acceptable ppv, but it didn't really excite me either. I almost fell asleep during the main event, and it really wasn't that bad of a match. I wonder how long HBK will be out for.

edit: Meltzer said it was fake after reading his review. Sure fooled me.

Hate to take away from the endless HHH debate, but I missed the diva tag tonight. How did Nattie Neidhart look? Did she get a decent amount of time in the ring?

Don't remember much apart from suplexing Cherry when they all did moves to each other. Maybe a quick thing early on.

I thought was a perfectly acceptable ppv, but it didn't really excite me either. I almost fell asleep during the main event, and it really wasn't that bad of a match. I wonder how long HBK will be out for.

Meltz made it sound like the injury is worked.

With Taker and HHH face champions with played out heel feuds waiting for them, expect wholesale heel swaps sooner than later. I believe there is another 3hr Raw in June...

Who?

Undertaker and Edge probably have another month or two left before that program gets dry but HHH has more options. The obligatory Orton rematch feud, Regal, Kennedy, JBL and of course, Cena for Summer Slam. That doesn't factor in a possible heel turned Batista as an option. 'Taker would have the likes of Show, Umaga and maybe even Finlay as options for this summer.

Who?

There was talk about Umaga going to Smackdown and being a possible Summerslam opponent for the Undertaker.

HHH being champ is going to lead to a series of HHH/Regal matches, likely switching the title to one then the other through much of this year. I don't care what any of you say, but since that's likely the case, then thank God HHH won the title. Bring on what will likely be one of the best feuds in a long time.

All of the 5 major singles titles are held by faces now.

I don't think that's ever happened before.

With them marketing more to children now this may be them heading back to face dominated booking like in the 80s/early90s

I don't think that's going to happen at all. But it's wishful thinking.

Orton was on such a roll right now, that they should've kept the title on him. They could've stretched it out a few more months by finally having HHH get his win at Summerslam

What is with all this Orton love? I mean let's face it, the guy had an ultra lame title run, never even main evented a PPV aside from the initial time he won the belt and the time he lost it. What's he been doing that's so great with the belt that he needed to keep it? Was he over as champ? Um...not really. Was he cutting awesome promos? Of course not. Was he having great matches? Passable, but any singles match was his usual headlock happy stuff. He was so utterly heatless and unbelievable as champ that they had to book him in 3 or 4 way matches on PPV.

I believe someone posted the Observer notes from WM that noted Orton won at WM because WWE simply felt the card was too predictable with UT winning the title and Flair retiring. It's not like they seriously wanted to keep the title on Orton.

What is with all this Orton love?

He's awesome.

I mean let's face it, the guy had an ultra lame title run, never even main evented a PPV aside from the initial time he won the belt and the time he lost it.
So what?

What's he been doing that's so great with the belt that he needed to keep it?
Being a prick and his laundry list bit is great.

Was he over as champ? Um...not really.

Yes he was.

Was he cutting awesome promos?
Yes he was.

Was he having great matches?
Yes he was. Not including the Jericho match of course.

Passable, but any singles match was his usual headlock happy stuff.
The head lock dissing is so 2004 of you.

He was so utterly heatless and unbelievable as champ that they had to book him in 3 or 4 way matches on PPV.
To say he was "heatless" is blatantly wrong.

It's not like they seriously wanted to keep the title on Orton.
Did I just imagine the last 7 months?

I'm not a Triple H hater, but I wasn't too excited to see him win. It probably is long overdue seeing he is a top star and hasn't had it in years, it's just to me more that he is almost above the title at this point. I don't mind him being champ, but it just seems like there isn't much to be done with him as champ. I hope I'm wrong. Someone said above this may lead to a HHH/Regal feud with the title changing back and forth and if that is the case, I am all for it. I would love to see William Regal get a World Title reign.

What is with all this Orton love? I mean let's face it, the guy had an ultra lame title run, never even main evented a PPV aside from the initial time he won the belt and the time he lost it. What's he been doing that's so great with the belt that he needed to keep it? Was he over as champ? Um...not really. Was he cutting awesome promos? Of course not. Was he having great matches? Passable, but any singles match was his usual headlock happy stuff. He was so utterly heatless and unbelievable as champ that they had to book him in 3 or 4 way matches on PPV.

I believe someone posted the Observer notes from WM that noted Orton won at WM because WWE simply felt the card was too predictable with UT winning the title and Flair retiring. It's not like they seriously wanted to keep the title on Orton.

Don't know what show your watching, but Orton has been awesome the last year. His promos are great heel promos. He's menacing with his deadly eyes which fit into his "viper" character. And the concussion kick is my favorite finisher in wrestling. Hitting Cena with it right after JBL tapped tonight was fucking brilliant. He combines the opportunist gimmick of Edge with the pussy character of JBL with the violent, cold, calculating persona of a heel Steve Austin and they all blend together perfectly. His work in the ring has been fantastic. I love, love, love his concussion-based offense, including the headlocks which fit perfectly into his offense. They're completely logical and complaining about them because they're not a hurriquebrada special lucha libre shit is so 2002 of you.

Short story, Orton is god. Cena is Jesus and I would have settled for him winning. HHH is old news.

I'm perfectly fine with HHH getting another run. I just hope this means the end of the "Pimp-My-Belt" for now. I'd like to see HHH come out with the spinner tomorrow (or at least one of the replicas since I know WWE spent an arm and a leg on the real thing) smash it with his sledgehammer, and demand Regal or even Vince bring him "Brock's Belt". HHH just looked silly at No Mercy wearing the Spiner around his waist. Again, fuck the haters, and long live the King of Kings.

Orton's reign was so solid that he effectively shook off all of the stigma that came with his World Championship burial back in 2004. Many thought that he would never be able to recover from that, but I think that he performed very well as WWE Champion this time around.

As far as HHH goes, I guess that it's okay that he has been given another reign, but really... does having the WWE Championship do anything for him, or vice versa? If I want to see a veteran capture the belt again, I want it to go to HBK. I'm sure that HHH will carry the belt just fine, but I'm still kinda indifferent to the idea.

Regal in the main event? I know better than to get my hopes up.

I am assuming that MVP dropping the US Championship is the first step in moving him up the card. I like the idea, but I have have this fear that they will get cold feet with him and he will wind up getting buried early into his main event push. I hope that I'm wrong.

I missed about 75% of the card, so I can't really comment. Edge/UT was good, and I hope that they put that one on ice for the time being so that they can come back to it fresh. And Mick Foley was really welcome on commentary. Don't know what their long-term plans are with him, but it was really cool.

Don't know what show your watching, but Orton has been awesome the last year. His promos are great heel promos. He's menacing with his deadly eyes which fit into his "viper" character. And the concussion kick is my favorite finisher in wrestling. Hitting Cena with it right after JBL tapped tonight was fucking brilliant. He combines the opportunist gimmick of Edge with the pussy character of JBL with the violent, cold, calculating persona of a heel Steve Austin and they all blend together perfectly. His work in the ring has been fantastic. I love, love, love his concussion-based offense, including the headlocks which fit perfectly into his offense. They're completely logical and complaining about them because they're not a hurriquebrada special lucha libre shit is so 2002 of you.

Short story, Orton is god. Cena is Jesus and I would have settled for him winning. HHH is old news.

Couldn't agree more. Ever since I started watching again, Orton's added the stalking on all fours for the RKO, the concussion kick, and he's really stepped it up on his promos. But it's the kick that did it. Once he started punting people in the head, he became a completely different character. Now he's a completely different wrestler than he was a couple of years ago. I thought his work during the Rumble build up was some especially phenomenal stuff.