TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

NHL Offseason Thread

I just remembered the draft was on when I saw this thread. Holy shit, this sounds like it's been pretty wacky with all the trades back and forth. I wish I had seen the Islanders thing.

Considering Montreal gave away their picks for Tanguay, what a steal.

Oh King, you are going to love Drew Doughty. Kid is a stud.

You're the Los Angeles Kings. You just finished tied for the lowest point total in the league. What do you do? Trade your leading scorer for 1 mid-first round draft pick. Brilliant. I'm just now getting into the sport and already I can see why my die-hard Kings fan friend is so frustrated by the franchise.

EDIT: Cloutier on waivers and likely bought out if he clears? Awesome. What an overpaid, useless piece of shit.

I don't think Lombardi did all that badly. Cammalleri wasn't going to sign with them longterm so they moved him and got Teubert at #13 as well as another 3rd rounder next year. So far, they're building up the blueline with Johnson, Doughty and Teubert. That's going to be a ridiculously hard top three to play against in a few years.

So he came in with #2, #28 and an unhappy Mike Cammalleri and left with Drew Doughty, Colten Teubert, and a third rounder next year. They got two out of the three players they wanted (they also wanted Tyler Myers apparently) and majorly built up the blueline for years to come. Not a bad day.

No its not.

What is all this talk about Sundin to the Habs? I'm sure we can call the Canadiens the European Union right now.

I don't think Lombardi did all that badly. Cammalleri wasn't going to sign with them longterm so they moved him and got Teubert at #13 as well as another 3rd rounder next year. So far, they're building up the blueline with Johnson, Doughty and Teubert. That's going to be a ridiculously hard top three to play against in a few years.

So he came in with #2, #28 and an unhappy Mike Cammalleri and left with Drew Doughty, Colten Teubert, and a third rounder next year. They got two out of the three players they wanted (they also wanted Tyler Myers apparently) and majorly built up the blueline for years to come. Not a bad day.

don't forget thomas hickey, either. cammalleri is good, but lets not go crazy. the kings are gonna be scary good if their prospects develop as they should. their defense and goaltending will be set. kopitar, brown, sullivan, frolov up front is nothing to sneaze at. they're looking great, actually.

Del Zotto. Del Zotto. Del Zotto.

Please. Please. Please.

Haha, after you take Brad Park and Ken Morrow from me in the NHL All Time Draft, isn't it funny that my team nabs Del Zotto from yours in the real draft?

At least I think it's sort of funny.