TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

NHL Offseason Thread

Georges Laraque signed with the Habs.

There's a rumor going around that Naslund signed a one year deal with the Rangers at 4.5 million. If true, and the Canucks don't get Sundin, they're the worst offensive team in the league. They may be that even with Sundin.

Rangers signed Dimitri Kalinin too. I'm looking forward to when they can't sign a single homegrown player, and/or the cap goes down and they have to buyout players to get under.

Too much tied in too little.

Hey, the Rangers do a fantastic job raising young players in the system. Lundqvist, Dubinsky, Staal, Girardi, Callahan, Dawes, Korpikoski, Prucha, hopefully Sanguinetti. Perhaps we spend a lot, but it's not as if the team doesn't groom prospects and turn them into solid hockey players.

Rob Blake signed with the Sharks for 5 million. It'll show up on one of the big sites soon.

Fuck that traitor pile of shit.

Fuck. I'm so mad. We need to bring in Jason Smith and a left handed shot for the back. Then we'll be set.

I'm really worried about my Canucks now, not that I wanted them to resign Naslund at all (unless they could get him for really cheap and get someone else to be captain), but the fact that they don't even have him to fall back on if they don't get some offensive power is not good. It looks like the only attempt they've made is this crazy grab at Sundin and if that falls through then they are fucked for offence.

It's crazy, the new GM came in saying "I know we're hurting in the scoring department but we're going to do anything it takes to fix that." and now they're looking worse than before.

Hey, if the Kings need to get to the salary floor, they can have Glen Murray. I'm sure there are Bruins fans who will pay for his plane ticket and drive him to the airport. And he can be yours for a late draft pick!

No, you can't. Unless you have two first round picks to send with both Manny and Murray.

Then we'll talk about it. I think now that Lombardi's shit the bed with the Blake situation, he'll look to trade for a huge contract d-man that can eat #1 minutes. We don't even have a top pairing guy right now. Dan Boyle won't waive his NTC to come here, but that's probably the guy DL would like to have. Before the last few days I thought Boyle's contract was awful, now, I want to have him on this club.

We kinda have no choice but to go get someone that can eat #1 minutes. Even Pavel fucking Kubina.

Which team is worse on paper as of right now?

Vancouver or Atlanta?

Luongo might bail out Vancouver....but that wasn't the case in Miami.

Edit: Sorry. What Barron said.

The Canucks offering $20 million to Mats Sundin is just insane, and just makes them look really sad.

Their games are going to be brutal to watch

Rob Blake signed with the Sharks for 5 million. It'll show up on one of the big sites soon.

Fuck that traitor pile of shit.

Fuck. I'm so mad. We need to bring in Jason Smith and a left handed shot for the back. Then we'll be set.

agreed. it was low not to waive his ntc then bolt in free agency. i think the kings always just assumed blake would be back.

the sharks with blake and boyle are pretty dangerous althoough blake has lost a step or three in his day.

the kigns are gonna be pretty bad again this year.

but in like two-three years, they'll be dangerous.

Haven't we said this in the past few years anyways?

Haven't we said this in the past few years anyways?

sorry i haven't been following this thread too closely. so sorry.

I am curious to know what they could have possibly done. They are hamstrung by Hatcher's indecision. They can't use his 3.5 and besides that they made their move last offseason. You can only play the big spender so often when there is a cap in place.

I really don't like how much money Randy Jones got, but beyond that the only thing they lost was RJ Umberger who was bolstered by the Montreal series. Replace him with Giroux and that has a very good chance of being an upgrade. Jason Smith sucked ass, so I am not counting him as a loss.

The only thing they need IMO is a #3 DMan. That, for now, is Hatcher. If he proves to not be healthy enough to play this season, they can then explore a trade.