TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ripper

Power 90 X

So after of month of living off of fast food and subway pizzas from the hospital cafateria, I am am really out of shape.

So I ...um..."bought" the Power 90x program I saw a infomercial for the other day, and I have decided I am going to do it.

I am not sure I will be taking a before picture in my shorts like I am apparently supposed to do because....ew. Although Mat did take on that one time and I refuse to be outdone by Matt so maybe.

I will update once a week until i finish or until i get lazy and stop doing it. Which ever comes first.

Ripper - knows which one will probably come first.

Refuse to be outdone? I didn't know there was a competition. Although, to keep up with me, you must hit the weights. 65 pounds in 2 years is nothing to scoff at. Losing 33 of it in 2 months, however, I scoff the fuck out of that.

the competition is the boldness exposing your hairy ass body on here.

So hells yeah. Its ON!

Ripper - Needs to make a competition out of stuff because deep down inside he knows he is a lazy fuck and will proabably just keep playing GTA 4

I had a butterball friend that did PX90. I would've taken it seriously but he tried every fad diet and exercise program out there. He was one of those people that would do it for a week then quit and move on to the next fad after a month or so of eating like a pig.

When he was waiting on his PX90 stuff to show up he ate everything in sight and was like "Well I won't be able to eat like this much longer!"

Just do my magic canned fish and punching bag diet.

Back in '01 or '02, I ate pretty much nothing but grilled chicken, cans of tuna (drained, nothing added), and protein bars, drank a couple gallons of water each day, and played basketball in the gym with the adolescents where I worked. I would inevitably break my diet occasionally to eat a meal loaded with carbs or eat an ice cream or something to keep myself from dying. Still, I lost 21 pounds in two weeks. After that, it was a more gradual loss until I dropped another 22.

The thread title always looks like the name of a radio station to me.

"Hey local radio market, keep those radios on 90.1 - another 4 minute block of the rock you want, coming up next on POWER 90 X

One late night I caught the power 90 x informercial by accident.

I ended up deciding to implement the key strategy into my workouts - I change the entire routine every 4 weeks for muscle confusion. Well - I'm the strongest I've ever been and I'm looking pretty jacked up these days. I posted a picture of it in the post a picture of yourself thread a few days ago...

I think there may be something to the muscle confusion.

That idea has been around for anyone on a workout routine for decades. If you keep doing the same things over and over, of course your body will adapt and not have to work as hard.

I've been commenting on my fitness regiment over in the sports folder, but I wanted to ask about muscle confusion.

The reason I do the lifts I do is because I'm comfortable doing them and I know I can do them. Doing other lifts kind of worries me or makes me think I'm not going to be able to perform them as well. Or is this not what muscle confusion is all about? Is it about trying a totally different workout routine aside from just different lifts?

If you continue to lift in the same way, that is the exact opposite of muscle confusion. It is not just changing the order of your routine, it is doing something totally different. Doing it because you are comfortable doing it should tell you that your body has adapted to the workout. Remember, you are in the gym to get in shape, not show everyone how easily you can do certain lifts. Come up with something totally different for several weeks.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Train like Rocky IV. I never got into the whole weight room scene. When I "train", I move big fuckin' rocks or plant trees with a shovel. Split firewood, shit like that. I prefer it because it's more productive that just lifting barbells and doing crunches, plus no one beats a farmer, lumberjack, or fisherman in a barfight except someone like a dock worker or other large forearmed tradesman.

The downside is not being able to participate in "How much ya bench?" conversations.

"I dunno, a four year old white pine? Wheelbarrow full of cement?" How much does that weight?

If you continue to lift in the same way, that is the exact opposite of muscle confusion. It is not just changing the order of your routine, it is doing something totally different. Doing it because you are comfortable doing it should tell you that your body has adapted to the workout. Remember, you are in the gym to get in shape, not show everyone how easily you can do certain lifts. Come up with something totally different for several weeks.

I meant comfortable as in I know I can do them without injury.

Okay, makes sense. However, you should probably learn different ways to train each muscle group so you can become comfortable doing those as well. If you see someone else doing something, ask them to show you, or ask one of the people working in the gym.

Well, I start today so I can stay on the schedule.

This should be fun...or not...one of the two.

I ususally get results really really quickly...hopefully I haven't gotten too old for that.

Train like Rocky IV. I never got into the whole weight room scene. When I "train", I move big fuckin' rocks or plant trees with a shovel. Split firewood, shit like that. I prefer it because it's more productive that just lifting barbells and doing crunches, plus no one beats a farmer, lumberjack, or fisherman in a barfight except someone like a dock worker or other large forearmed tradesman.

The downside is not being able to participate in "How much ya bench?" conversations.

"I dunno, a four year old white pine? Wheelbarrow full of cement?" How much does that weight?

This is the best workout plan you can have. Play some basketball, or jog to get your cardio up, and you'll be a bad mother fucker in a few weeks. Plus, doing shit like you described toughens your hands way more then punching a bag.