TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

William Regal Suspended for 60 Days

It's not like Regal's the only guy here on drugs. If Triple H and John Cena's bodys are naturally that muscular, then my dick is naturally three feet long. Regal's just the only one who got caught. That we know of. The testing agency doesn't make its results public, it's all handled through the WWE itself. Even aside from that, there are all kinds of ways for the workers to beat a drug test. Although much like birth control, none of them are 100% effective so eventually someone's test will come up positive. Regal happening to piss dirty right now probably has less to do with his push and more to do with their recent change in the testing policy where they actually physically watch everyone pee now.

:lol: exactly.

Well Regal's the first bust since the change where people had to urinate in directly front of testing representatives.

Maybe he was cheating the system before.

interesting update by powell over at prowrestling.net

William Regal is said to be understandably deflated about violating the Wellness Policy for a second time. He recognized the fact that he was in the midst of the biggest push of his career and he knows that the timing couldn't have been worse.

Although Regal has battled addiction problems over the years, multiple sources say they have not witnessed any signs of a relapse. However, WWE does not release specific details regarding their testing, so there's no way of knowing for sure what was discovered in his system. A company spokeswoman declined to comment on the positive test when contacted by the Hartford Courant earlier today.

Powell's POV: Regal is known for taking supplements as part of his training and one source speculated that it's at least possible he unknowingly took something that contained a banned substance. Of course, that's a common excuse from mainstream athletes when they fail tests, but it can't be ruled out.

I've spoken with people close to Regal who say they would be stunned if he were using again because he's shown no signs of relapsing. Again, though, nothing is official because the company does not release specific information regarding its drug suspensions.

It would be a shame if it was a genuine fuck up/not his fault, for him as a person battling his past and addictions. Just, you know, no one is going to believe him very easily.

If it is an innocent mistake of taking the wrong supplements, I think HHH will make sure it's not really held against him. He seemed really excited in interviews about getting back in the ring and was pestering McMahon for awhile about doing so. I am hoping it was an innocent mistake of trying to get in better shape and not the bumps of the ring causing need for pain killers or long days on the road leading to recreational drugs.

He has been suspended for 60 days and it was announced on their website. I think you can rule out the WWE taking it back and not holding it against him. He failed the test and got punished. Do you actually think they will overturn it? Wow.

Now that I reread his post, he could have meant that. Sorry, Dragon, if that is what you meant.

However, I don't think Regal would get buried upon his return, just by looking at how Jeff Hardy has been handled since coming back. Maybe the World Title is out of his reach for the time being, but it's no burial. If anything, I think WWE looks at these guys taking their punishment and dealing with it in a humbled manner as some sort of "rehabilitation process." Take it in stride and come back saying all the right things and you get to help them make money again.

I think the Wellness Policy gets in the way of storylines. They should probably stop it.

I don't know if that was sarcastic. If it wasn't, you care more about storylines than the health of wrestlers and the industry as a whole? I'm a big Regal mark, and I would rather see him get some help if he needs it as oppossed to getting a push and passing before his time.

I seem to recall WWE changing it up because it wrecked the 2006 Great American Bash PPV. Didn't they change it to where the first violation doesn't involve being removed from TV, but being suspended from house shows and not getting paid for TV?

I guess they changed that since Kennedy was off TV for 30 days for his first offense, and if they weren't going to mutate that rule for that McMahon's son storyline, they won't ever.

I seem to recall WWE changing it up because it wrecked the 2006 Great American Bash PPV. Didn't they change it to where the first violation doesn't involve being removed from TV, but being suspended from house shows and not getting paid for TV?

The Bash got ruined by that mysterious outbreak of dangerously imbalanced liver enzymes, which was never really explained. I think it was discovered that way because the wellness policy was the first mandatory test everyone took which analyzed stuff like that.

But now that you mention it, yeah, I seem to recall an earlier version of the policy saying that the first offense was some kind of fine or something, not being taken off TV. Clearly that's no longer the case, since all the first-time offenders in the Signature debacle got suspended for a month. Maybe it was changed after Benoit, I dunno.

Hey, speaking of Signature, here's something that was never answered to my satisfaction. Randy Orton was among those named in that deal, right? Yet he wasn't suspended at all. The WWE claimed that he'd already admitted his wrongdoing on that specific issue in the past, and had already served the sentence. It was at least his second drug offense, so it would've been a sixty-day suspension. One problem: has Orton ever served a sixty-day suspension, at any time in the past two years? I certainly can't recall him ever being out for that long.

Yes, one more failure and they're both fired

Anyone know how long they have to be "fired" for, though? Ie: what's to stop WWE from re-hiring these guys 6 months to a year after the 3rd offense?

I don't remember Orton ever being suspended. I do remember him having to work like two seperate 30 day periods without pay, so I guess that's your punishment if you admit you're guilty instead of being caught.

(yeah I meant when he got back from the suspension, not that it would get over-turned)

Also I don't think Regal was ever going to get the title put on him, so it's not as much an an issue as it is with Hardy because Jeff could have carried the title at one point and with two strikes on him, you can't put the title on him and risk having to fire your champion (even if the wwe could have him work one last show before the firing to drop the title).

Somebody at Wrestling Classics has been saying the same thing all day, and he hasn't been sarcastic. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten banned there yet, actually.

The way it initially worked was you're gone for 30 days. Then GAB happened, and they made it that you work TV and PPV, but don't get paid and don't work house shows.

I think after Benoit, it's now you're off everything

At least if Jeff Hardy was WWE Champion when he failed his third wellness test, Vince wouldn't cry too much over firing him. He might not like having to fire his company champion, but it would 'prove' to outsiders how serious he is about his testing.

I think the Wellness Policy gets in the way of storylines. They should probably stop it.

They should run out a jobber named William Nester Policy and have him get squashed every week.

That's right up there with Vince beating up a Panda in 2002 as a way of taking out his frustrations on something that was partially his fault... the more things... uh... change...

They should run out a jobber named William Nester Policy and have him get squashed every week.

That's right up there with Vince beating up a Panda in 2002 as a way of taking out his frustrations on something that was partially his fault... the more things... uh... change...

That was entirely Vince's fault.

When you exclude the World Wildlife Fund's penchant for frivolous lawsuits, then yes.

When you exclude the World Wildlife Fund's penchant for frivolous lawsuits, then yes.

Vince made an agreement with the World Wildlife Fund over the use of the WWF initials outside North America. He repeatedly violated that agreement. The World Wildlife Fund's lawsuit was not frivolous.