TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

It seems as if every selection knocks someone off my draft board but losing Rhodes really sucks. Not because I wanted Goldust, I already got a better dark character but Dustin Rhodes circa 1991-93 would have been aces with the Danielson/Malenko picks.

There's the first true dagger from Garth, as I really hoped Corino would make it around, I had plans for him (with Taz) but a tag team foil to MVC and Malenko were higher needs. Corino would have fit in perfect with the other brillant promo artists I have gathered. However, Corino has other great masters at the promo he could possilbly get paired against (Rock, Rhodes, Show).

I really enjoy how diverse this round has been. It's truly the first round where people are having to reach out a little as opposed to the earlier rounds which were loaded with major names that you couldn't lose with. Guys like Corino, Muraco, Regal, AMW aren't major names in the grand scheme of things but they are really going to insert some depth into their respective rosters.

Yeah, that Corino selection kinda hurts me too. But it's also kinda relieving as I have a lot of other guys that I really, really want still.

My picks, I'm tired so write ups to come later:

02.jpg

North/South Connection (Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch)

and

20.jpg

Fit Finlay

Finlay is a solid midcarder who can talk enough to get over and work a great style that would go over well anywhere. He could work with basically anyone (and easily transition between heel and face) which is a big plus. Adonis/Murdoch are one of the most overlooked teams ever. They're a great complement to the tag division.

It's amazing how everyone seems to have the same few guys in mind. Finlay was my next pick as I wanted him for Regal. Back to the drawing board.

Ok, I think I'm going to quit thinking of guys to pick until my pick comes around. I literally had Steve Corino and Murdoch/Adonis on my mind to pick in this coming round.

Ok, I think I'm going to quit thinking of guys to pick until my pick comes around. I literally had Steve Corino and Murdoch/Adonis on my mind to pick in this coming round.

I started doing this once Muta went off the board. :P

Like if A's pick is made at 2:30 am and B doesn't pick by 2:30 pm it's C's chance to pick, and B can pick at any time he finds his way back to the thread.

To keep the ball rolling, for my next pick and the 145th draft thus far:

kong.jpg

Amazing Kong

With Trish as my top female face, it seemed obvious that I needed a great female heel to oppose her.

Kong has proven to be a formidable talent in the ring and has been involved in some great encounters in both SHIMMER & TNA. In my mind Trish vs. Amazing Kong is just about the most enticing womens matchs I can think of, in terms of how entertaining a match it could be and the star power and aura of the two women involved (using female talent I've actually seen perform anyways.)

To start a bit of conversation in-between selections, which wrestler do you feel has been the best selection thus far, the sleeper pick of the draft and the worst selection?

Alright, I'm going to go truly old school here for the first time in the draft. Hell, this guy is the definition of old school wrestling. I wanted someone who could go up against Billy Graham with this pick and for Graham's opponent, I wanted a clean cut, All American to contrast with Graham's over the top behavior. He also could very well feud with Ric Flair or Nick Bockwinkel.

My next pick's influence on professional wrestling can not be overstated. Besides being a legend in the ring, the man was a successful promoter for over thirty years and trained or help trained 93 wrestlers including; Ric Flair, Bob Backlund, Ricky Steamboat, Curt Hennig, The Iron Sheik, Jimmy Snuka, and many more.

This man is a ten time former AWA World Champion, a five time former AWA Tag Team Champion, and a former NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion. He is a member of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of '06, a member of the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame's Class of '04, and The Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame's Class of '96.

With my ninth selection and the 146th selection overall in the all time wrestling roster draft, I select...

verne9.jpgVerne Gagne

You do have a point. I'll switch it up then.

1) The one guy out of everyone you wished you had drafted, but someone else took them

2) Biggest mistake you've made so far.

As for me, the guy I really wanted was Brody. That selection really put a dent in my plans. Biggest mistake I made was drafting Yokozuna instead of a tag-team when I already had main event talent.

1. Without a shadow of the doubt, The Brainbusters. I wanted to have at least three out of the four Horsemen so bad. That one killed me for like a day.

2. I don't really regret any of my picks persay but I do think I jumped the gun on Kerry Von Erich a little bit early. I probably could have waited another round or two for him but maybe I'm wrong.

I would have wanted Austin but picking at # 12 there was no chance of me getting him. My only possible regret was deciding that a huge babyface was more important than picking a more versatile guy which led to me taking Sting first instead of Eddie Guerrero, but aside from that I've pretty much picked everyone that I wanted albeit at different rounds than I might have drawn up. I think Benoit, JJ and Windham were steals for me so I'm happy with the way the first 8 rounds have gone.

The one that got me was Stevie grabbing Muta. :angry: I've been a Muta mark since I was a little Maz. Biggest mistake might have been grabbing Tomko and Bernard so early as they likely would have dropped another couple rounds, but that's minor.

I'm happy with how I drafted. The one regret I have is taking the Fantastics so early since I think they would've lasted until my next pick. Then I would've gotten Furnas and Lafon, who I really wanted.

The guy I wished came to me but didn't was Jeff Hardy. The Hardy Boyz were one of my most desired teams.

With the 147th pick in the All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft I select...

14.jpg

Marty Jannetty.

A former Tag Team and Intercontinental Champion. There was some thought that he might have ended up being the Rocker who got the major push, and while that did not pan out, he is still a very talented wrestler.