TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

03.jpg

Tiger Jeet Singh

One of the most hated heels of all-time and someone who, on limited wrestling ability, had a hall of fame career. He'll be brought in as part of Hassan's stable and will be the crazy sword weilding heel everyone remembers him as.

05.jpg

Jay Youngblood

Very popular in his prime (equally over as Steamboat when they teamed) and a great worker, Youngblood will be a great mid-card face for me. He will be a proud Native American and he will be one of many feuding with Hassan's stable.

I have one more pick left but I'm waiting until I get a reply from mellow before I make that pick.

Alright, I haven't seen him picked as a part of his tag team or seperately...so, with my late pick, I choose:

scott1.jpg

Scotty Riggs (still emo and shit, just.. without the eyepatch...)

I was hoping he'd be picked as Scotty "The Clap" Anton

And NIIICE pick with Mil Mascaras, Franchise. I would have picked him but I thought he was drafted rounds ago.

For the 449th selection, I am happy to acquire the services of...

Chad Collyer

An excellent technician who will bring an interesting mat game to my Junior Heavyweight Divsion.

ChadCollyer.jpg

I'm grabbed another team taht I think could mesh well with Jinsei and Haya in blood for blood.

IMG_2414.JPG

Nick Gage

NateHatred.jpg

Nate Hatred

The H8 Club

I missed a pick somewhere in here...

I'm going to add a lower card face. His serious kung fu Mortal Kingdom gimmick will be so over the top it will be hysterical. Definitely expect to see some fun with him challenging the Order of the Neo Solar Temple!

2307939559_31a9f75a6d.jpg

Glacier

PS...this is one of my awesome pics from Chikara's King of Trios tournament from this year.

02.jpg

Dr. Wagner Jr.

One of lucha libre's biggest and brightest stars, Wagner is a huge boost to my light heavyweight division. He will likely feud with La Parka as they have had some phenomenal matches in the past and will be able to repeat and, possibly, top what they have already done.

And now, I'm all caught up.

I missed a pick somewhere in here...

I'm going to add a lower card face. His serious kung fu Mortal Kingdom gimmick will be so over the top it will be hysterical. Definitely expect to see some fun with him challenging the Order of the Neo Solar Temple!

2307939559_31a9f75a6d.jpg

Glacier

PS...this is one of my awesome pics from Chikara's King of Trios tournament from this year.

His entrance will take 30 minutes!

Actually Glacier was unduly shat upon I think. He wasn't bad, he was just hyped for like 9 months before his debut and then we got Sub-Zero.

Kano was the obvious choice they should have gone for.

I'll be incredibly upset if Stevie doesn't try to replicate the (aborted? I don't remember much coming of it) angle where Glacier returned in late '00/early '01 as Norman Smiley's hero and protector.

I'm trying to figure out some sort of manager voucher system. Some participants have more of a right to specific management talents than others do, in my opinion. Haven't figured out how I am going to go about it, but I'm open to suggestion. This is where the roster draft is much more complicated than putting together a fantasy basketball team or choosing your favorite mix of albums (still bitter that I missed out on that one).

I'm trying to figure out some sort of manager voucher system. Some participants have more of a right to specific management talents than others do, in my opinion. Haven't figured out how I am going to go about it, but I'm open to suggestion. This is where the roster draft is much more complicated than putting together a fantasy basketball team or choosing your favorite mix of albums (still bitter that I missed out on that one).

I'm not trying to be arsy for the sake of it when I say this, but I don't think it's fair, it's a fantasy draft, someone might want to take one of the best managers of the 90's, for example me, and put him with Team Priceless to guide them, even though they might have any previous affiliation with them.

Well I, for one, am not too bothered about managers but more about the venue picking. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So maybe you can do something like certain people get first dibs on managers, certain people on venues. Just an idea.

I want to hear what more people think about the non-wrestling talent/venue portion of the draft.

Also, Diamonddust is up right now. If he doesn't get around to making his selection, then Cranda can go in a couple of hours.

make-up selection(s):

Fratsauce - 2 picks

Let me know if I'm forgetting anybody. I just might be.

I have little or no desire to use managers which is why I picked Mr. Fuji and Melina as wrestlers instead of leaving them on the table, so I'm not really bothered if I don't get any. I think what you could do is when we get to that point, you'll have 3/5/however many rounds you choose to pick up whatever managers you want, the venue and if you've done both you can get an extra wrestler or two instead. This way if someone REALLY wants Jim Cornette they're likely sacrificing a chance to get a great venue and if you want a great venue you can almost guarantee that all of the managers you wanted will be gone by the time you pick again.

I want to hear what more people think about the non-wrestling talent/venue portion of the draft.

Also, Diamonddust is up right now. If he doesn't get around to making his selection, then Cranda can go in a couple of hours.

make-up selection(s):

Fratsauce - 2 picks

Let me know if I'm forgetting anybody. I just might be.

What about King? IIRC, he's in between Diamonddust and Cranda.

As for my suggestion RE: Non-wrestling talent/venue portion...perhaps we should reserve Rounds 30-35 for Non-Wrestling talent and then just have one round after the draft for venues?

What about me? What about 909?

Seriously though, I won't be around. Just skip me and I'll make my pick when I come back.

So do I make my pick now?

At 2:47 Diamonddust's turn will be up. Since 909 said that you can just go ahead, then it will be your turn.

Ok, this round has been a bit confusing since the guy before me hasn't made his last couple of picks so I wasn't even aware I was up until just now.

That being said, however, let me make my next selection...

With George Steele going, I had to reshuffle things with my intended 8 man match. As a result, I've now got Snuka on the heel side with the Samoans and Kabuki against Johnson, the High Chief, Tony Atlas, and Iceman Parsons. Doing this leaves the Honkytonk Man with nothing to do... until now...

This individual was a major star in the Memphis area, and he frequently was on top of the card along with Jerry Lawler. He also doubled as a booker with Lawler as they would split the duties every 6 months. He has history with the Honkytonk Man so this is a natural selection.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the next selection in the draft...

02.jpg

"SUPERSTAR" BILL DUNDEE

Ok, I'm going with a team that I can pair up with Steele and feud with the team up that I have of Nowinski/Poffo/And another guy to pick later. This team wasn't a regular team per say, but they were in a stable together. If anybody has complaints about this pick let me know an I'll change it.

With this pick, I'm selecting

06.jpg01.jpg

Kurrgan and Giant Silva, The Oddities

Alright time to pick another tag team. This team fits in really nicely with my tag team division. They're two tough paisanos who don't take no guff. I'm sure they'd be able to have plenty of excellent hard hitting brawls with The Nasty Boys and Public Enemy. I'll be using them as sort of a heel version of The APA- always willing to do their fellow baddies dirty work for them for the right price. They'll have Disco Inferno as the weasley, goofball lackey.

They're former WCW Tag Team Champions and former co-holders of the WCW Hardcore title (Ah Russo :) )...

With my 26th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

06.jpg........Johnny The Bull and Big Vito...The Mamalukes!