TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

And now I get the other end of OMG SUPER MATCH OF DOOM~!

:headbang:

misawa-superluchasnet.jpg

Mitsuharu Misawa

Now I have the two guys who have arguably put on the best match in the History of Wrestling, and definitively have great in-ring chemistry together.

Go me.

With this pick, I really feel I have the steal of the draft. I was originally going to just draft the one guy, but I decided to go with...

THE_BRITISH_BULLDOGS.jpg

The reasoning is simple. Not only do I get one of the greatest tag teams of all-time, the potential of a huge series between HBK and Dynamite would have people talking forever. Iron Man match, Ladder match, etc. Davey Boy can be carried to many great matches with the right opponent.

Again, I'm approaching my picks with a "Who is going to draw me money approach?" and not who will match up perfectly with my first pick. That being said, however, this individual would match up well with Andre in a program, and it would do monster business. He'd also be able to work with pretty much anyone else I draft, which is key. It was down to him and one other person who also fits the bill, but I have a feeling I might be able to get him later on.

My next selection is none other than one of the baddest men to ever step in the ring:

HarleyRace.jpg

The multi-time World Heavyweight Champion...

Harley Race

There goes the second of the BIG 5 in the Tag Team Department. The other three could be gone by this round or early in the 3rd, which spells doom for me.

Damn you Diamonddust.

I have three other backup choices for my second choices but of the four guys, Harley was tops. Damn you! Ah well. Only two more picks.

I have a feeling one of your backup picks is probably the guy I want in round 3.

Um, after much deliberation, I decided to pick...

wrest81.jpg

Gotta go with the proven feud, that being Savage/Warrior. Plus, as hated as the guy is, he's a draw. And Savage can drag a good match out of him.

Um, after much deliberation, I decided to pick...

wrest81.jpg

Gotta go with the proven feud, that being Savage/Warrior. Plus, as hated as the guy is, he's a draw. And Savage can drag a good match out of him.

WARRIOR RULES!!!

Dun.... dun dun DA dun...

*runs off to find something to shake in his room*

Also Savage/Warrior is money. MONEY.

Finally Warrior gets picked. He gets shit on a lot by the IWC and was a mediocre wrestler at best but he certainly had the "it" factor even during his terrible WCW run.

With this pick, I really feel I have the steal of the draft. I was originally going to just draft the one guy, but I decided to go with...

THE_BRITISH_BULLDOGS.jpg

The reasoning is simple. Not only do I get one of the greatest tag teams of all-time, the potential of a huge series between HBK and Dynamite would have people talking forever. Iron Man match, Ladder match, etc. Davey Boy can be carried to many great matches with the right opponent.

I hate you. I was truly planning on having The Steiners against the British Bulldogs as the main event of my hypothetical supercard, going on after my World Championship match. Though I was also torn on drafting Dynamite alone as the centerpiece of my Junior Heavyweight Division as well. I guess this puts me in the last place to blame somebody for getting them while they can, though.

As an aside, I kinda want people to mellow out on the potential/eventual split factor in drafting their tag teams. You get thirty singles wrestlers already, so you should be focusing on one or the other.

I know...this thing is going to last for weeks perhaps even months.

It'll be interesting to see the later rounds of this draft.

"For my 28th pick, I select former WCW superstar, Rick Fuller..."

Come the start of June, I'm going to have to figure a new way of working my picks. I'll be working at a summer camp, and my internet access will be limited.

That being said, the picks will be made when needed, but I apologize in advance if the pace slows down.

Originally, I expected this thing to fall apart around the 4th round but given the consideration people are putting into this (some more then others), I feel this will be n success. I just waiting for the first legitimate "controversy" to emerge.

Come the start of June, I'm going to have to figure a new way of working my picks. I'll be working at a summer camp, and my internet access will be limited.

That being said, the picks will be made when needed, but I apologize in advance if the pace slows down.

At worst, you can compile a massive list and send me a PM, as I have been/will be acting as a surrogate for those who cannot be in place. So far it has worked out just fine.

At worst, you can compile a massive list and send me a PM, as I have been/will be acting as a surrogate for those who cannot be in place. So far it has worked out just fine.

I might have to do that. We'll have internet access at camp, and I can always go to the central office 10 minutes down the road so I'll see how things end up one way or the other.

And now I get the other end of OMG SUPER MATCH OF DOOM~!

:headbang:

misawa-superluchasnet.jpg

Mitsuharu Misawa

Now I have the two guys who have arguably put on the best match in the History of Wrestling, and definitively have great in-ring chemistry together.

Go me.

Sorry that I forgot to acknowledge this before, but this is pretty awesome, as far as proven classics go.

I already have the best Main Event work rate wise. :headbang:

And I doubt there will be any serious controversy in the draft barring someone trying to draft a slipshod team (which I don't think there will be... although there might be some debate on the team I'm considering) or if someone gets frisky on the 12 hour rule and tries to grab someone earlier than they are supposed to.

Posting a reply on behalf of Crandamaniac.

His second round selection is likely the most talked-about wrestler in the early days of the Monday Night Wars. His groundbreaking work in WCW's first light heavyweight division is still talked about to this day. His charisma and dedication to his character is unmatched.

Joining his fellow WCW Tag Team Champions partner, the 32nd draft pick is...

The ticking time bomb, the incomparable, the loose cannon...

brianpillman2.jpg

Brian F'N Pillman!

Son of a bitch. That was my target for my 4th round selection. I had visons of Pillman and Piper going at it in great promo wars. He also has a great 1-2 punch of Austin and Pillman.

Once again, it really seems that many people are hesitant to make a selection prior to the 80's. Which will be good for the next few rounds because alot of great talent from those periods are still around.

Well I hate to keep up with the 80s-on streak but given my lack of knowledge of pre '85 stuff, I kind of have to...

Anyways after much consideration, I've decided to pick a wrestler with more wasted potential than possibly anybody in the history of the industry. This man could have been truly one of all of the all time greats and a surefire first rounder in this draft. However, what we ended up with was one of the all time pretty damn goods and a man I feel perfectly confident picking as my second choice.

Though his drug problems ended his career and his life all too prematurely, he was one of the greats of the '80s. A former NWA World Champion, WWF Intercontinental Champion, and a Modern Day Warrior. For the 33rd pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I select

Wrestler%20-%20Kerry%20Von%20Erich%20NWA%20Title%20Cover%20250h.jpg

Kerry Von Erich

Well I hate to keep up with the 80s-on streak but given my lack of knowledge of pre '85 stuff, I kind of have to...

Anyways after much consideration, I've decided to pick a wrestler with more wasted potential than possibly anybody in the history of the industry. This man could have been truly one of all of the all time greats and a surefire first rounder in this draft. However, what we ended up with was one of the all time pretty damn goods and a man I feel perfectly confident picking as my second choice.

Though his drug problems ended his career and his life all too prematurely, he was one of the greats of the '80s. A former NWA World Champion, WWF Intercontinental Champion, and a Modern Day Warrior. For the 33rd pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I select

Wrestler%20-%20Kerry%20Von%20Erich%20NWA%20Title%20Cover%20250h.jpg

Kerry Von Erich

Good pick. No need to focus on the negative, as Kerry was pretty badass. I mean, he even made an impression in the WWF, even after being their for only a short amound of time.

For my second pick and 34th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I choose 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes.

dusty1.jpg

The common man Dusty Rhodes is someone the people could connect to. Whilst he didn't have the greatest physique it didn't matter as the fans loved him regardless and he went on to put on some excellent matches.

With Dusty playing babyface to the Rock's heel I think we'd see a great feud. I think this would be a good match, and even better promos between these two men.

For my second pick and 34th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I choose 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes.

dusty1.jpg

The common man Dusty Rhodes is someone the people could connect to. Whilst he didn't have the greatest physique it didn't matter as the fans loved him regardless and he went on to put on some excellent matches.

With Dusty playing babyface to the Rock's heel I think we'd see a great feud. I think this would be a good match, and even better promos between these two men.

Crud... I was hoping Dusty would go unnoticed.