TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

By the way, I am insanely jealous I didn't find ths thread in time. Cool thread!

Based on the Savage pick, people don't have to declare the time frame of the selection or if they will be heel or face?

By the way, I am insanely jealous I didn't find ths thread in time. Cool thread!

Based on the Savage pick, people don't have to declare the time frame of the selection or if they will be heel or face?

This is the kind of concept that fills up very quickly (like, within a couple of hours). There will be more opportunities in the future for those who missed this one.

When this one's done, I or someone else can run one with everyone who didn't get in.

I think we should declare what version of said person we are drafting, if that person has had multiple gimmicks, versions, heel/face turns, etc...

If everyone else doesn't want to, I guess I'll be the only one doing it. It's fun that way! Are you taking 70's and early 80's Andre, the one that was a ginormous draw around the country, or 1980's WWF version that feuded with Hogan and the like?

I'm going with Kobashi circa 1995 when he was dropping everyone on their heads and decapitating them with Lariats.

I am posting a selection on behalf of naiwf.

The 12th draft pick is a man who many will argue was the face of WCW before, during and after its boom period.

Quite possibly the most popular superstar during the zenith of WCW's reign as the number one promotion in the world.

Ladies and gentlemen... this... is... Sting!

CrowStingWCWNitro.jpg

Since HTQ missed his 12 hour window...

I had a handful of people in mind for who could be available in this spot that I would think worthy of the top pick...and this was the only one of the bunch that I could buy as both a top face and a top heel. The other guys I considered here could really only play heel. It was important that I got someone that could offer both since I don't know what direction this draft will head for me.

Also...I lilke this guy when he's not paired up with big stiffs (which unfortunately is most of the time) and I don't plan on drafting many big stiffs...so this should work out both in ring wise and star power wise.

AAGO043~The-Undertaker-175-Posters.jpg

I take the Undertaker

Oh, good choice. He's someone I definitely would have quite liked, didn't think there was any way he was lasting all the way back to my next pick.

Aw man, I can't believe the luck i've got.

When this started, I said i'd be happy with any of three guys as my starting pick.

Bret's gone, but my two main guys are still here, and there's only one pick between now and me.

Aw man, I can't believe the luck i've got.

When this started, I said I'd be happy with any of three guys as my starting pick.

Bret's gone, but my two main guys are still here, and there's only one pick between now and me.

Things will get interesting after the first couple of rounds, when the choicest picks get taken and people will have to start looking outside of their initially preferred talent. The picks at the end of the draft might be the ones that have the most thought put into them.

I've been spending more time thinking in terms of later rounds than the early rounds. For the first 4 or so picks I'm kind of just looking to see what falls to me.

After a certain point though...it's going to be less about the biggest name I can get for me and more about finding the right fits for the kind of roster I want.

In that vein...there are probably 4 or 5 people that I think I could have gotten away with selecting first there that may have been a better fit for what I'll end up looking for...but I couldn't turn down the intangible that I think Taker has that they didn't. I'm only 8 picks away though so there's a decent chance I'll get one of them.

Oh Stevie.

You haven't picked one of the two.

I have to decide between these two.

Damn.

Well, I wont reveal the other, i'll pray that nobody takes him, but.. there's only four more picks before I come round again (as far as I know the rules?) so hopefully he's still available.

Can't see it though. On to my current pick, and the first (insert promotion name here) Champion:

81.jpg

Former multiple time world champion.

Looking at a rough 2001-2005 era.

Many big names, talents and stars were still available for my choosing that all were very much capable of being a centerpiece for this draft. This great variety of reliable options were judged upon specific measures, from marketability, pure talent, charisma, draw appeal and their ability to provide a foundation for this project.

A crucial factor in choosing the first selection was their ability to be as versatile as possible. The flexibility that this selection can offer in the way of their abilities in the performance, commercialization and support as a face or as a heel was a key factor in deciding to go this direction.

This man is very proficient in the most important elements of professional wrestling from his ability to do promos, his magnificent box office potential, in-ring savvy, the charisma to obtain admiration from the fans and the unbridled vitriol that he can elicit from those very same fans. The direction and persona of my selection will become more evident with the future picks since he is so versatile. The chance to obtain someone who can not only be a star for this hypothetical promotion but also a cross promotional asset as well was too much to pass up. He has been an inspiration for many performers in and out of the wrestling ring,

After much deliberate consideration, with the 17th pick in this draft, I have chosen

26.jpg

"The Hot Rod" Rowdy Roddy Piper

Awesome. I was watching a compilation of Piper in Portland from over 25 years ago last night and I was seriously considering him as my second pick.

I'm going to go with two guys I think would have put on some great matches in their prime as well as selling the product with their in your face in ring styles and passing on someone who I think Hawk will pick, and if he doesn't there's no way he makes it back (although there's someone wrestling today that is similar). So here we go:

2315406693_bc84f545bd_o.jpg

Goldberg.

and

leonwhite.jpg

Vader.

Goldberg was one of those guys I was hoping would still be hanging around for my second selection just for the draw purpose and that with the right group around him, he was very capable in the ring.

Vader makes for an excellent counter heel to Goldberg as well. I'll have the next selection up very shortly.

Best there is, best there was, best there ever will be?

OGG has something in mind, and felt he could build his company around Hart. Go him.

With the second selection coming around, I needed to determine who could potentially play off well with my first pick (Piper) and also follow the same declaration of versatility that is crucial to these early stages. Many great names are still around but a lot of them tend to stick to a specific niche of heel or face. I’m still looking for someone that’ll be a draw, offer multiple routes for the promotion to use, while having some quality skills within the industry itself. Or, I just really like.

This was much more difficult because the first round is about getting a STAR. This is the first step to establishing an identity and setting up building blocks for everyone from top to bottom.

With these principles in effect, I sought out someone who defined those standards of in-ring quality, mass appeal, charisma and overall ability to work on both sides of the proverbial face/heel fence. A significant reasoning for this selection was that ability to perform but not within one specific style. This is a guy notable for excelling at two totally different extremes (so to speak) from technical brilliance and one of the great brawlers in the history of the business. His talent as a character would lend itself to many great potential feuds depending on who else falls upon me. Would I depend on him as a cornerstone for this promotion? Probably not but I believe his attributes as a whole would be greatly advantageous.

Once again with careful deliberation, for the 20th pick of the draft, I have selected

07.jpg

"The Funker" Terry Funk