TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Not cool, given my roster.

She's more over with her "second husband" than she ever was with Eddie which is how I'm justifying the selection.

Okay, i've got a half decent pick and a crap pick.

I'm interested to see what peoples reaction to my pick is, as its a fairly large-ish (to the name value of someone like Skinner, but still someone with exposure) name that someone who's really reaching (like me) might find interesting.

I'll post that one first, and the crap one as my last pick.

Just tossing this out there, but can I toss Pogo back into the pool and switch someone out? I got lost on rounds, and thought we had three more, or my last few selections would have gone different. Now I'm looking at a missing piece to a puzzle I had in mind.

I'd wait until my pick comes round again to pick since I doubt either of who I had in mind is near anyone else's list, but just want a consensus on the idea. I just need one switch out.

My last(?) pick is someone who fits the style of my promotion, serious wrestling, but also adds personality and entertainment, which is important when we go to North America. He's primarily noted for his MMA career, with wins over Frank and Ken Shamrock, and also being a former UFC Heavyweight champion. However, he's also worked for New Japan a number of times, which is where he becomes eligible. His style and personality make him a perfect fit for my promotion, with his wit and charisma making him a great choice for those all important promotional appearances. For my next pick I'm going 100% Guapo...

BasRutten-EvilMaster.jpg

Bas Rutten!

Not cool, given my roster.

She's more over with her "second husband" than she ever was with Eddie which is how I'm justifying the selection.

naiwf does have a point. I mean, that hot angle she had with Edge & Christian this year was off the hook!

Any word on the suggested trade round? We also need to establish what we do with our supercard (s) and how we vote and such. It's been long journey since we've started this so many months ago.

I think we should have a bunch of different votes. The two most important being supercard, and company as a whole. Others should be specialized like best workers, most charismatic, best brawlers, stuff like that. It's been a long journey. I was looking back at the first few rounds, and I hope we do this again. Maybe shorten the number of workers a bit though.

I think the original plan of 30 rounds would be most effective, but with a preset round (ie an even one) to start drafting managers. Mellow did a hell of a job working out most of the kinks in this whole thing though.

I think we should have a bunch of different votes. The two most important being supercard, and company as a whole. Others should be specialized like best workers, most charismatic, best brawlers, stuff like that. It's been a long journey. I was looking back at the first few rounds, and I hope we do this again. Maybe shorten the number of workers a bit though.

My issue is that I've booked beyond just the one supershow and have built about a year's worth of stuff that would culminate in my ultimate super-card. Should I just present my ultimate super-card or present everything as I've designed it to be shown?

Yes, I do think it'd be a fun thing to do again but not right away. Perhaps for later in the year but not around the holiday season because that might cause for long delays and we should allow different people in, obviously. Perhaps only the top 10 in voting get invited back? I do think we figured out how to run this thing throughout the journey that we could have a more streamlined approach next time. I'd also suggest changes such as those who do come back for another "season" are prohibited from selecting the same performers. The purpose being that I'd like to see people do something completely different. For someone like HTQ or KKC, whom have booked a very specific style with their current roster to having to toss that out and create a new booking philosophy that is a complete departure.

I think it'll vary automatically if you change picking spots. Maybe it's just me, but when I started drafting I went for the best style that suited my position. For example, If I was one of the top 3 picks, I would've gone with someone like The Rock or Stone Cold and built around more charismatic workers. Since I was at the bottom, I went with more of a physical, big man dominated style with more emphasis in the ring.

Mellow did a hell of a job working out most of the kinks in this whole thing though.

Thank you very much. This draft is a much more complicated animal when compared to a sports team or a music collection. I mean, what truly defines a professional wrestling roster anyway?

I have been in favor of the multiple votes/category thing for a while. Color me exhausted and drained, but I am very open to suggestion at this point. There will be other drafts that will involved those who were not able to be included in this one, and, hopefully, some of the precedents that have been set will make things easier for them.

I would have changed the following:

1) No set number of singles and tag team selections at the beginning

2) Managers and wrestler talents could be selected at any point.

3) No three-man selections.

4) Some singles guys would be off-limits in a tag team capacity (and this would be open to strong debate).

Yes, I do think it'd be a fun thing to do again but not right away. Perhaps for later in the year but not around the holiday season because that might cause for long delays and we should allow different people in, obviously. Perhaps only the top 10 in voting get invited back? I do think we figured out how to run this thing throughout the journey that we could have a more streamlined approach next time. I'd also suggest changes such as those who do come back for another "season" are prohibited from selecting the same performers. The purpose being that I'd like to see people do something completely different. For someone like HTQ or KKC, whom have booked a very specific style with their current roster to having to toss that out and create a new booking philosophy that is a complete departure.

Interesting. Perhaps we should do a reunion draft in a year or so's time, maybe sooner than that, but for those (from the class of 2008) who are interested- no exclusions. I like the idea of selecting people that we never got the first time. It definitely makes things interesting for sure.

I actually like the trios rule as it finally wound up being.

You can take them, but you forfeit a pick, and have to use them as a trio.

I suggested this already to you but perhaps we should see if others approve. My suggestion was that everyone gets the chance for one trade and one trade only. No multiples. Straight trades (single for single, tag for tag, etc, etc) In the interest of fairness, as so that no one can politic and get multiple trades, everyone is assigned to someone and you have to come to a trade between that person only. Everyone (even Drury) has someone that we want and we all have people we'd give up.

'The Outlaw' Ron Bass

Miami%201983-09-14%20cover.jpg

While some people may remember him just from his WWF run.. He also had quite the trophy haul:

From Wiki:

All Japan Pro Wrestling

NWA International Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Stan Hansen[6]

Central States Wrestling

NWA Central States Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Ken Mantell[7]

Championship Wrestling from Florida

NWA Florida Bahamian Championship (1 time)[8]

NWA Florida Global Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Barry Windham[9]

NWA Florida Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[10]

NWA Florida Southern Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[11]

NWA Florida United States Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Black Bart (3), and One Man Gang (1)[12]

Georgia Championship Wrestling

NWA National Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[13]

Gulf Coast Championship Wrestling | Southeastern Championship Wrestling

NWA Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[14]

NWA Gulf Coast Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Don Bass (1) and Dutch Bass (1)[15]

NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Championship (Northern Division) (1 time)[16]

NWA Southeastern Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Randy Rose[17]

NWA Tennessee Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Don Bass[18]

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

NWA Mid-Atlantic Brass Knuckles Championship (1 time) (Last)[19]

NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[20]

NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Black Bart[21]

NWA Television Championship (1 time)[22]

NWA Hollywood Wrestling

NWA Americas Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Dr. Hiro Ota (1), Moondog Lonnie Mayne (1), and Roddy Piper (1)[23]

NWA Mid-America | Continental Wrestling Association

AWA Southern Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[24]

AWA Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Stan Lane[25]

NWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[26]

NWA Tri-State

NWA Arkansas Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[27]

Pacific Northwest Wrestling

NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[28]

NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with John Anson (1) and Moondog Mayne (1)[29]

I'm going to add a face manager that likely gets paired with Malenko or Albright. He had a modest wrestling career but he was a successful manager of two legendary world champions.

skaaland04_83x64.jpg

"The Golden Boy", Arnold Skaaland

I'm going to go with a guy who will lead my mid-card heel stable made up of I haven't decided yet. This stable will also have it's little run ins with the Heenan Family.

akbar2.jpg

Skandor Akbar.

and I'm also going to go with..

fund.whipper.jpg

Whipper Watson.

And that's it!

I thought he was as well since I remember making a comment about him but I scanned for it and unless I missed it, he isn't there. I thought Goblin took him to manage Hassan/Davari.

He got picked by OriginalOrangeGoblin about ten rounds ago. He didn't come up when I searched using Control+F for some reason but when I used the search thread function, it showed he'd already been picked.