TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

My next pick is made purely for my own amusement, though he's a very underrated wrestler all the same, and would at least fill a jobber role if nothing else. My next pick is the former ICW/ICWA Tex-Akarna TV Champion...

alvarez.jpg

Bryan Alvarez!

My next pick is made purely for my own amusement, though he's a very underrated wrestler all the same, and would at least fill a jobber role if nothing else. My next pick is the former ICW/ICWA Tex-Akarna TV Champion...

alvarez.jpg

Bryan Alvarez!

I was at the Chikara show where he won that belt, and he put on a very good match.

200px-KangaroosSepia.jpg

The Fabulous Kangaroos (Al Costello and Roy Heffernan)

Yep...I've seen approximately 3 minutes of a Fabulous Kangaroos match...but we're late into the draft here and I don't have anyone from that era accept Antonino Rocca. Plus...I've read they were important/great...so there ya go.

Ignore the manager in the middle...I'm not taking him.

On behalf of Hawk 34... because he sucks.

I'm not taking this lady for her in-ring skills. She's a beautiful girl with a great personality and character and I think she'll be a good addition to a storyline I have in mind.

MariaKanellis.jpg

Maria

Curses...I was scouting out both of them!

SoCalVal24.jpg

SoCalVal

Anyway, I needed another female for my roster, so I'm picking Val. She'll be a big part of the Simon/Swinger vs. Disco/Ryan feud.

On behalf of Hawk 34

I'll add another solid performer to my mid-card roster, a young emerging talent that can have quality matches with the others within that division. He'll join his DG mates as a quasi-regular trio.

My next selection of the draft will be

bscap031xr2.jpg

Shingo Takagi

I'm going to go with........

MarkLewinStandUSBelt.jpg

Maniac Mark Lewin.

I fucked up. I didn't ever think that somebody would steal The Purple Haze out from under me.

That is a hot picture. I'm sure it'll come in handy for many people. So my pick...

2669094484_88f4f8fb14.jpg

Vin Gerard

This disgraced luchador will be great. He would be involved in the Mistico/Hero feud, kind of like his current angle/gimmick in Chikara. Once unmasked, he'll be a psycho loner who blames all his woes on Mistico.

Ok...follow the bouncing ball on this one.

Rounds ago I took Antonino Rocca because I found him to be really interesting in the various clips I could find online. But then as my promotion started to take more shape...I realized that I needed to find something kinda different for him to do at the event that we have to build. I had no one else from his era for him to work with (and anybody modern would have been a kinda clash of styles) so I drafted the Fabulous Kangaroos. So...in order to finish off the planned match for the card...I now select Rocca's tag team partner:

01.jpg

Miguel Perez

And the reason I want to go with Rocca and Perez vs. The Fabulous Kangaroos is due to what I read on the wikipedia site regarding the Kangaroos which can be found below:

"On one occasion in August 1958, The Kangaroos, or "Kangaroo Men" as they were billed, nearly caused a riot in Madison Square Garden during a match against Antonino Rocca and Miguel Pérez; the fans began to throw fruit and stones at them. After the match ended without a decisive winner, the promoters stepped in, turned up the arena lights, and played the National Anthem to stop a potential riot."

Sweet.

I've also read it stated that Rocca and Perez were the top drawing tag team at MSG...which means virtually nothing to me since I'm running in the south and in Mexico.

It's time for my commentator. He's a very good one, and I think he's probably the best-kept secret in pro-wrestling announcing, as all the talk about announcing always surrounds Solie, Ross, etc. The commentator for my promotion is going to be...

Thatcher.jpg

Les Thatcher!

I need to buy some time before my next pick so I'm going with the only person who came to mind after picking up a couple of trios. I'm going to select a Canadian female wrestler who is most famous in Mexico. My next pick is Sarah Stock. I hope to see her in the WWE some day, and based on the bonus pic I added in, I think she'd fit in well.

005.jpgsarahstockdarkangelsexybq7.jpg

I thought about Luna a couple rounds ago, but she doesn't fit my promotion at all.

Here's a guy we should all be ashamed we forgot. Well I didn't. I just figured he'd fall to me this far.

GotchKarlBackstageJapan_Lano.JPG

Karl Gotch

He can form a team with Ed Lewis, or just fuck people up on his own. Fun fact, he was the guy who told Andre that Battle Royales were his thing.

I got to admit... I'm pretty hammered while making this pick, but I will say... the person I'm picking is the person I've intended to pick all along.

Instead of an 8 man match for my supercard, I'm going to make it it a 10 man match. My next selection will be another addition to the Pringle Dynasty and he'll fit in nicely with the rest of the weirdos and freaks. He made his name in World Class but he ventured elsewhere and, in my opinion, had a very unique gimmick that could work in any territory.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to select...

MissingLink.jpg

THE MISSING LINK

As I said, he'll fit in quite nicely with Snuka, The Samoans, and The Great Kabuki.

P.S. - The fact I was able to write all of this without giving the impression I'm drunk off my ass is something else. PBR and Miller High Life on Draft can wreck a person in a heartbeat.