All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Since it's a no on LT I'll change both my picks (talked to mellow already):

qp1j8tix.jpg

Jim Ross

He's my play by play man.

and

joel%20gertner.jpg

Joel Gertner

He's my heel color commentator. Althoguh the two of them will be biased slightly, it'll be more of a realistic commentary team with analysis that is somewhat evenhanded.

And i'm keeping the United Centre as my arena pick.

With my next pick I select...

54.jpg

Sean Mooney.

He will be one of my announcers. I was going to talk Jim Ross last round, but I got confused when I did not see that anyone had taken him, so I assumed that we were not taking announcers, oh well I will take Sean Mooney then, and if you do not like it then "Shut up Mooney!!!"

Wait, I'm confused, are we taking announcers now or not?

You can if you want to. Announcers are not a necessity, though.

Really, I should have just kept my foot where it was and said no. I guess that I was just pleased that he didn't choose another football player.

Really, I should have just kept my foot where it was and said no. I guess that I was just pleased that he didn't choose another football player.

So I guess it's better that I don't ask about Mr. T... :P

So I guess it's better that I don't ask about Mr. T... :P

Yeah... I've already done that.

Well if we're picking announcers that completely changes my game plan. And I can't believe Sean Mooney was picked second. I'm flubbergasted.

Anyways, this next guy is a truly old school announcer. Unlike Gordon Solie who was, let's face it, very neutral and dry...this guy was very animated and could convey disgust at the promotion's when he needed to do. But he still gave professional wrestling a sense of legitmacy. This guy was as essential to Memphis Wrestling's success as Jerry Lawler. I'm going to use him as the lead announcer with the color commentator position filled by a rotation of managers and wrestlers. He's also one of the very few announcers who could carry a show solo.

He was voted Best Television Announcer by the readers of The Wrestling Observer from 1984 to 1987 and is a member of the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame.

My 33rd pick is none other than...

russell.jpg...Lance Russell

Well if we're picking announcers that completely changes my game plan. And I can't believe Sean Mooney was picked second. I'm flubbergasted.

Anyways, this next guy is a truly old school announcer. Unlike Gordon Solie who was, let's face it, very neutral and dry...this guy was very animated and could convey disgust at the promotion's when he needed to do. But he still gave professional wrestling a sense of legitmacy. This guy was as essential to Memphis Wrestling's success as Jerry Lawler. I'm going to use him as the lead announcer with the color commentator position filled by a rotation of managers and wrestlers. He's also one of the very few announcers who could carry a show solo.

He was voted Best Television Announcer by the readers of The Wrestling Observer from 1984 to 1987 and is a member of the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame.

My 33rd pick is none other than...

russell.jpg...Lance Russell

Bastard...

If I was picking an announcer, he was going to be my top pick because I knew the usual suspects would already be gone.

Yeah, this new rule about taking announcers really throws a wrench in my plans, but there's really only one person that I want to take. Since our draft seems to be restructuring the old territories of wrestling history, my territory is angling to be a resurrection of the NWA or Jim Crockett Promotion. With that said, there's only one person that I would even consider for my announcing duties, and that man is the Dean of Wrestling Gordon Solie

Gordon%20Solie.jpg

Solie fit best with me. Fuck.

I should take everyone's favorite, Tony Schiavone. THIS IS THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT.

909, Shea Stadium is already gone...

Anyways, with my next selection in the draft, I'm going to go ahead and skip the announcer fad, so to speak, and get a GREAT tag-team that is still on the board. While they might not be the most successful version of this team, they were still the ORIGINAL version of this team and will fit in quite well with my rosters.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to select...

23.jpg

RANDY ROSE AND "LOVERBOY" DENNIS CONDREY

THE ORIGINAL MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

My plan is to work them in a feud with Steve Keirn and a partner to be named later. As a result, I've got a great plan for Buddy Landel lined up as well.

Now, for another venue, I'm going a little further west since my promotion will most likely be a Mid-South territory with bases in Tennessee, Louisiana, and now Texas. Yes, I'm taking probably the most famous Texas wrestling venue left. It hosted numerous supercards for World Class and other promotions. It will be a great compliment to the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis...

reunion_center.jpg

REUNION ARENA

DALLAS, TEXAS

I searched just for Predator, so this pick might be gone.

He could work as a wildman Bruiser Brody knock off, because he's done a similar gimmick in the indies, he's also got a legit shooto background and I could use him as a pupil to Ed Lewis.

terkayfullml.jpg

The Predator

I'm assuming Matzo gets the next pick since Fartsauce has been MIA?

I added Fartsauce to MSN since it occured to me nobody else would have spoken to him about it, he's been very busy but is aware of the draft, he'll be on sooner than later to clarify himself.

Sorry guys. Been busy with work and I actually forgot i was even in this thing. 12 hour days and 50 hour weeks do that to you. Anyways, im back to work tonight till 9, then im going to go back and view the thread and try to do the best I can. Again, I apologize for the inconvienence.

Sorry guys. Been busy with work and I actually forgot i was even in this thing. 12 hour days and 50 hour weeks do that to you. Anyways, im back to work tonight till 9, then im going to go back and view the thread and try to do the best I can. Again, I apologize for the inconvienence.

Good to see you back. You have ten make-up selections. The first seven have to be wrestlers. Rounds 30 through 40 can be wrestlers or non-wrestlers (managers, announcers [if you want to have them], etc.). Also, you need to declare a location (city, arena). If you have any further questions, then feel free to ask.

It's time to acquire more wrestling talent...

Let's pan back and see what I've done...

NanaRave.jpg

Oh, there they are. The Outkast Killaz.

With Prince Nana and Jimmy Rave, I give you...

THE EMBASSY!!!

EmbassyToiletPaperFight.gif

Toilet paper fights for everyone!

To go with another venue to give my Texas-based promotion a foothold in the Valley, I take:

wwe.jpg

Dodge Arena, Hidalgo, TX

Now for my pick..I'm not going to choose an announcer since it really wasn't part of the whole process. I'm going with another valet that could play against either Francine or Fonzi.

30.jpg

Beulah McGillicutty

I do believe I'm being skipped now since I picked three members of The Black Family last time, so HTQ should be up next.

It's one thing to take Dawn Marie or Alfonso away from their past but not Beluah. Don't get me wrong, Dreamer's a complex character on his own but that's just not right. Some people here have been respectful towards others in regards to not taking certain people when they could've. I know I have but Belulah can get paired without Dreamer and be fine and on Broward's roster, he has a couple people that can fit with her. Should I have taken her in the 30th? Maybe but Heyman does alot more for me then Tommy's valet.