TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

With the next selection in the draft, I'm going to take a big brutish style heel to feud with Manny Fernandez. This individual made his name up north in the AWA, and his son went on to be one of the best heels of all time. I already have one of his former partners, Harley Race, on the roster so I might work a loose partnership with the two.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to select...

09.jpg

LARRY "THE AX" HENNIG

I think Paul Jones fits pretty well as a manager with a lot of my heels, so I'll take him.

I'm so sunburned, I think I'll make my venue pick later, as in next round. I really don't feel like thinking about it.

Ok, for my next pick, I'm going with a heel tag team that could be a good starter feud for the Young Pistols, as they're the anti-thesis of them. I'm going to take the Mean Street Posse

03.jpg

And for my final venue that I'm going to take, when I chose my first 2 venues, I was thinking of a good pay-per view location, but now that I think about it, those 2 venues would make good tv tapings, and this place would make a truly great super card location. From Atlanta Georgia, I choose the Georgia Dome

gaDome.jpg

Alright, my next selection is bound to piss off our good friend, Drury but I've been meaning to pick this guy for a few rounds.

Admittedly, this guy is a thoroughly mediocre worker if not outright terrible. But luckily I'll be using him mostly as a bodyguard for Ric Flair. When I do use him in the ring, it'll either be in tag matches or against smaller guys who can bump around like pinballs for him. Like I said he's not a great worker and he's not good on the mic but he's got a good look and can play a half decent monster heel.

With my 32nd pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

11.jpg...The Warlord!

And for my third (and most likely, final) venue, I'm going to pick the arena that will hold my supercard. While The Grand Olympic Auditorium and Cow Palace are both legendary venues and worth holding my PPV at, I wanted a venue that would give my show a true "big event" feel and this venue has hosted many big events over the past 15 or so years. It's hosted everything from the infamous Tyson Vs Holyfield and Mayweather Vs De La Hoys fights to numerous UFC PPV events to The Billboard Music Awards to Barbara Streisand's comeback concert (I saw that last fact on wikipedia- don't take away my man card!). In the wrestling world, it's best known for hosting WCW's Halloween Havoc PPV from 1996 to 2000.

My next venue is none other than...

mgm_las_vegas_t2401.jpg...The MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada

For my 32nd pick of the All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I choose the stable of 'The Firm'

martin-stone.jpgl_c240903e89e899d2ec01762f94bafb27.jpg

They are Martin Stone and The Kartel of Sha Samuels & Terry Frazier.

They were the guys that I was most worried about you taking when you mentioned about wanting some UK guys.

I'd heard they'd gotten over big during their Trios performance in Chikara, so figured you might be high on them. The three of them are my favourite active UK performers. No one else comes close in my eyes. They're just really, really good.

They were the guys that I was most worried about you taking when you mentioned about wanting some UK guys.

I'd heard they'd gotten over big during their Trios performance in Chikara, so figured you might be high on them. The three of them are my favourite active UK performers. No one else comes close in my eyes. They're just really, really good.

They were pretty high on me for the last few rounds. From what I saw of them at Trios weekend and online, they're solid in the ring and they DEFINITELY know how to work a crowd.

I thought we were allowed to select stables now though? I didn't realise we forefit our next round pick because of it.

It's no big deal if that's the case. My plan was to pick either Kartel/Stone next if I hadn't picked them as a unit anyways. If I skip my next go will it be possible to use the Kartel/Stone seperately as in a tag and a singles, rather than having to use them in a six man or something?

I just figured it was fine to pick stables as both the Mean Street Posse and the Coloney had gone as units. It's no skin off my nose though. I'm happy either way, just want to keep things consistent.

Also, I hadn't picked any venues for my last two picks so i'm going to go ahead and do that now.

I shall have:

RoyalAlbertHall-exterior.jpg

royal-albert-hall2.jpg

The Royal Albert Hall in London. A good sized venue that could be used for regular PPVs or bigger TV tapings. A beautiful building.

&

3008.jpg

The Liverpool Olympia.

It's no big deal if that's the case. My plan was to pick either Kartel/Stone next if I hadn't picked them as a unit anyways. If I skip my next go will it be possible to use the Kartel/Stone seperately as in a tag and a singles, rather than having to use them in a six man or something?

I will allow it if nobody else objects.

For my next pick I select...

01.jpg

"Dangerous" Danny Davis.

The wrestling referee. I could have just done a duplicated pick again, but whatever, just taking a chance then that he is still on the board.

Let's see if this works. My next pick is a combination of a wrestler/personality. Don't know if he's allowed, if he is good. If not, let me know. But yah he's a guy who was drafted a LOT higher in another major draft on this board:

lt.jpg

Lawrence Taylor

A celebrity who comes in to fight for America and to feud with Hassan's stable. Even if he has only one match (like in real life), he'll be worth the investment for his draw potential (especially with my supershow being in NY) and for the fact that his one real match was pretty damn decent.

and

16.jpg

Harvey Whippleman

How do you make Adonis & Murdoch even more hateable? You give them Whippleman as their manager.

And a location for good measure:

UnitedCenter.jpg

United Centre, Chicago Illinois

Always a hot crowd in Chicago and always fun to watch a show there.

I have been asked about LT by others, and have explained that we are only selecting people that performed full-time in the wrestling business.

I reckon LT should be allowed.. it's for his own roster, it doesn't hurt anybody else and he has a specific plan in place for him.

It's like saying Vince McMahon couldn't have used LT at WrestleMania XI. There's no harm done in a one off appearence wrestler, especially if people can now draft trio's and stables.

It's his roster.. I'm sure there are more people who agree than disagree.

In the words of Scruffy I say 'second'.

So long as it's acknowledged that LT was a one time only deal when it comes to casting our ballots at the end of this thing.

Speaking of which, what's the decision on how we're scoring this thing? Is it going to be votes based off of either the finished roster, or the card that we compose. I can't for the life of me remember what exactly was agreed upon those many moons ago.

If that's the case then why have Mean Street Posse and The Colony been drafted as complete stables?

In the words of Scruffy I say 'second'.

So long as it's acknowledged that LT was a one time only deal when it comes to casting our ballots at the end of this thing.

Speaking of which, what's the decision on how we're scoring this thing? Is it going to be votes based off of either the finished roster, or the card that we compose. I can't for the life of me remember what exactly was agreed upon those many moons ago.

Best roster. We all agreed that everybody would book a single exhibition card just to get the point across. Then some people decided that they would do whatever they wanted to... so your guess is as good as mine at this point.

As it stands, only full-timers are allowed. I may allow celebrities at a point later on, but it would be unfair to allow OOG to draft LT when I have explained to others that celebrity appearances are off the board right now.

If you guys have selections that you are unsure of, again, you can always contact me if you want a straight answer.

If that's the case then why have Mean Street Posse and The Colony been drafted as complete stables?

A precedent was set when Broward (I think it was him) drafted xXx. It was explained that three-man units such as Demolition, Freebirds, etc. could be used with the caveat being that they are not allowed as singles acts. If you want a singles wrestler, then draft them by themselves. As a result, the Mean Street Posse and The Colony are only available in a tag team capacity. A bit different than drafting a stable of three, four or even more singles guys as a clean-sweep in the last round.

Maybe we should bring the topic of what we'll be voting to the floor and between us all decide in light of all the changes, how it is best to decide the winner of this thing.

I was thinking of different categories, as all of the rosters differ (old school, etc.). I haven't put much thought into it, but it would be something like that.

I quite like the idea of there being a couple of different variables that we vote on, with there being category winners as well as an overall winner of the draft.

I don't mean to take this thing too seriously, but I know there's some people that have put a considerable amount of time and thought into this process. I think it only right that we have well thought out means in order to determine the results.

I don't mean to take this thing too seriously, but I know there's some people that have put a considerable amount of time and thought into this process. I think it only right that we have well thought out means in order to determine the results.

Yeah, I agree 100%.

I know it's only a mock fun draft, but it's something that i've really enjoyed & looking forward to everybody's opinions on all the cards.