TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Thanks. Cool thing about your dad.

Is anyone still up for that EWR Scenario? I'd like to do it, but I don't know enough about all the wrestlers that have been picked, so my suggestion would be to have everyone do their stats for their fed and then I can put it all together. If anyone wants to make a picture pack too, that'd be nice.

Thanks. Cool thing about your dad.

Is anyone still up for that EWR Scenario? I'd like to do it, but I don't know enough about all the wrestlers that have been picked, so my suggestion would be to have everyone do their stats for their fed and then I can put it all together. If anyone wants to make a picture pack too, that'd be nice.

Honestly, a similar mod is being done that I can't wait for. The War of the Immortals mod, which will have people from different time periods up against each other in a variety of promotions.

I've made it a point to make sure I felt every layer of my promotion was covered and in order to do that, I'll need to add my final addition to the woman's division. I intend to use her as a wrestler and not a valet as some others will be. I will complete the Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew.

With my 40th and final selection of the draft, I have chosen

15.jpg

Rain

There's a few of my picks missing on the first page. Akbar is missing (like everyone said) as is the Calgary Saddledome.

Looks like I have a lot of work to do. :(

I have a pick to make up.

2207105352_b52c65a401.jpg

Crystal Louthan

The first one is another female who is great at doing backstage comedy as an announcer and decent eye candy for a non wrestler. She's also very good at being the straight person to the rest of the crazies.

And with my final pick, I'm taking advantage of the stable ruling....

l_048cc58d92d87e682d55efcb240aa653.jpg

Hustle Kamen Rangers (Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and Pink)

What's not to like about a gang of kids show characters being used as jobbers?

Ok...I've got 4 picks and then I'm out...let's pull some names out of the random wrestler generator:

17554788_Kozlov.jpg

Alex Koslov (Russian Hat Dances for EVERYONE!!!)

NegroCasas.jpg

Negro Casas (Cause...I run in Mexico)

satanico.jpg

El Satanico (Cause...I still run in Mexico)

And...

200px-Kazushi_Sakuraba.jpg

Kazushi Sakuraba (he was a wrestler...and he's my all time favorite MMA guy...so I'll just force him back into the fake end of the pool.)

And I'm out.

For my last pick I'm going with another shooter, one who has his roots in New Japan. In fact, before he ventured off into worked shoots, this person was tipped to be a future main event superstar because of his natural talent. This last pick obviously has the in-ring ability that I'm after, and he also has the charisma. He is a premier shooter who has submission wins over both Shamrock brothers, and was the co-founder of Pancrase. My last pick is...

ph_FunakiMasakatsu.jpg

Masakatsu Funaki!

With my last pick I'll take the rest of the Black Family, Charly Manson, Espiritu and Chessman. I'm sure the picture won't end up showing since the other ones I linked from luchawiki didn't for more than a few minutes, and I don't feel like going to photobucket and having to figure out what my password is.

For my final selection, I am going to take full advantage of the "clean sweep" aspect of this round.

Though they will function primarily as a group of job guys, they will occasionally squeak out a win every once and a while. Win, lose or draw, this group is always entertaining and they always put on a good showing.

Ladies and gentlemen, everybody's favorite rich kid raver collective...

Special K!

Izzy

Dixie

Deranged

Angle Dust

Sim J

Cheech

Cloudy

Hijinx

Yeyo

Becky Bayless

Jailbait

Krazy K

Brian XL

Elax

Slugger

02-6.jpg

04-5.jpg

Their presence will really add to my already-flourishing tag team division, and will also give the top Junior Heavyweights somebody to work with between their big matches.

hard-gay-father.jpg

HARD GAY SUMITANI

I'm going to team my last guy up with Dino and have them face off against The Florida Brothers. You wish you had a match that awesome.

With my last pick of the draft, I was originally going to select a jobber with Alabama ties just for the heck of it, but I decided I could still snatch up a good play-by-play guy and ring announcer in one swoop. He might not be the most well known in the business, but he was one of the main voices of World Class back in the day. He'll work side by side with Bill Watts in the announce booth, and he'll take over once Watts goes to the ring to take care of that young upstart Landell.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to select...

lowrance01.jpg

MARC LOWRANCE

And I am out...

Can I waive my pick? I'm fine with my roster and don't want to pick anyone.

LOL... I thought about passing myself since I knew I wasn't going to take another wrestler, and if I did, it'd just be a jobber that wouldn't get used.

Ok, since 909 doesn't want to pick, I'm going to make my pick. My final pick in the draft is another world class cruiserweight. He's somebody who could match well with some of my elite juniors. I had originally planned on having a match of AJ Styles vs Rey Mysterio, but I think I'm going to shuffle that, move AJ to somebody else and have this man go against Mysterio. And that man is...

200px-BxBHulk1.jpg

BxB Hulk!

Alright- this guy is IMHO a huge steal for the fourtieth round. I don't know about y'all but I wouldn't have blinked an eye if he'd been picked 15-20 rounds ago. He was one of the premier junior heavyweights of his time. Trained by the legendary Rikozidan and Karl Gotch, he moved to the U.S. from Japan in the early '60s and was one of the biggest stars of the vaunted Florida territory in the '60s and '70s. After retiring in the late '80s, he briefly served as manager for The Four Horsemen. Perhaps his most famous role in wrestling is as one of the business' most brutal and successful trainers. Scott Hall, Lex Luger, Ron Simmons, Paul Orndorff, Steve Keirn, B. Brian Blair, Hercules Hernandez, and some guy named Hulk Hogan are only a few of the guys who learned under my next pick. I'll be using him as a member of Flair's security detail and a top contender for my Junior Heavyweight title.

He's a two time former NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion and a four time NWA Southern Heavyweight Champion...

Ladies and gentlemen, with my 40th and final pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster draft, I'm proud to select the late great...

02.jpg...Hiro Matsuda!

Alright- this guy is IMHO a huge steal for the fourtieth round. I don't know about y'all but I wouldn't have blinked an eye if he'd been picked 15-20 rounds ago. He was one of the premier junior heavyweights of his time. Trained by the legendary Rikozidan and Karl Gotch, he moved to the U.S. from Japan in the early '60s and was one of the biggest stars of the vaunted Florida territory in the '60s and '70s. After retiring in the late '80s, he briefly served as manager for The Four Horsemen. Perhaps his most famous role in wrestling is as one of the business' most brutal and successful trainers. Scott Hall, Lex Luger, Ron Simmons, Paul Orndorff, Steve Keirn, B. Brian Blair, Hercules Hernandez, and some guy named Hulk Hogan are only a few of the guys who learned under my next pick. I'll be using him as a member of Flair's security detail and a top contender for my Junior Heavyweight title.

He's a two time former NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion and a four time NWA Southern Heavyweight Champion...

Ladies and gentlemen, with my 40th and final pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster draft, I'm proud to select the late great...

02.jpg...Hiro Matsuda!

Steal indeed. For some reason, I thought he had been selected.

Garth, Drury and OOG can make their final selection at any time. I'm kinda hoping that 909 will choose somebody just to round everything out.

I'm sending a PM to Fratsauce right now. He needs to make his picks.

I'll make my pick later today. Part of the reasoning for asking if I could waive my pick was because I couldn't think of anyone who fit my roster.

I have no clue if this pick will stand and if it doesn't, I'll pick someone else. However, with the picks of company figure heads and announcer's I'm going to take the next step and choose a ring announcer. His voice will give instant credibility to my champions as fans hang on the edge of their seats awaiting his announcement of ... "THEEEEEE NEEEEEEEWWWWWW" or "...ANNNNND STTTTIIIIIIIILLLLLL..."

That man is:

fink.jpg

Howard Finkle