TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bix

So, "Ring of Hell"...

No any book that's blatantly using the murder of a family as a means to sell a book. This is a story that was covered to death and retelling it for the sake of making money is an insult to the families of Chris and Nancy.

Something tells me the cover of this book isn't a large NJPW logo or a picture of Lagana....

I'm willing to give it a shot upon hearing there is stuff in here that really hasn't been reported in most media about the murders, so if there is new information, I see merit and purpose to have this out in stores. Plus tying in the "fall of the pro wrestling industry" (this is the tagline to the book) to it all makes this much more than "just another book" out there on the Benoit situation.

Oh one really interesting thing to note when I bought this today at Barnes and Noble. I couldn't find it near what I figured was going to be the wrestling titles in the sports section, but it is over in the "True Crime" section of the store. I never noticed that with any of the other books out about the murders until now.

You invoked Hitler, this one's over.

Not this time. It's a valid point, unlike when people compare ESPN to Hitler, and shit like that which people can only laugh at.

Battlenuts/Fishyswa/Nelly's Bandaid/Ghettoman, chill out.

OMG SOMEONE IS WRITING A BOOK ABOUT A MURDER AND PROFITING OFF OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!

SOCIETY HAS HIT A NEW LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, pepole are interested in tradegy and horific events. If you don't like it, then also condemn the entire true crime and the majority of books in a history section of any given book store. This one actually seems to shed a new light on the situation. I don't know how well researched it actually is, but I find it much easier to believe Benoit had a long standing mean streak and/or severe mental problemes as oppossed to just being a great guy who snapped due to roid rage and the pressures of the biz.

I really idolized the guy, (I compared the situation to my non-wrestling friends to LeBron James killing his baby-mama and kids) but the more that comes out, the more it seems like he has been a very violent and distured person for a long time. This sounds like a must read to me.

Nor did I know Taz had an orgasm after being suplexed by Kevin Sullivan.

This actually came up during a shoot interview with Raven and The Honky Tonk Man. It was a pretty funny story.

Just started reading it today and not into the book too deep yet but the first little unknown tidbit of info in the book is that Vince actually instituted a policy in 04 sometime that nobody will be hired in the company if they arent as tall or weight the same as McMahon himself. Apparently it was short lived.

That isn't new info, it's been in the WON a zillion times.

Guessed I missed it those past zillion times....

I guess I did too. I've never heard of that rule either.

I guess I did too. I've never heard of that rule either.

I never heard that specific policy either, but you could always tell what body type Vince has always been looking for.

I remember reading about that as well. It never said it in those words, "As big as Vince", but there was a height/weight requirement which HTQ just pointed out.

Is Vince 6 foot 2 and around 240-250lbs?

I remember reading about that as well. It never said it in those words, "As big as Vince", but there was a height/weight requirement which HTQ just pointed out.

Ahh ok, that makes sense. I remember reading about specific requirements the company was looking for, but never heard that it was in exact relation to Vince's height/size particularly.

Ahh ok, that makes sense. I remember reading about specific requirements the company was looking for, but never heard that it was in exact relation to Vince's height/size particularly.

I do remember some sort of edict Vince sent down to Laurinaitis to not sign anyone below a certain stature, but I'd never heard the "smaller than Vince" thing.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What is this Taz orgasm story? I've never heard of this.

Kevin Sullivan suplexed Taz and he Taz had an orgasm. End of story. You should check out the Raven/Honky Tonk Man Shoot (it should be in the Shoot interview MP3 thread in General), it's a really good listen.

I'm on page 113 and I'm enjoying the book alot.

One thing that I have to keep reminding myself as I read it though is that it isn't a biography, it's a true crime book. There's a big difference. Obviously the book is really negative towards wrestling...but the point of the book is to examine what leads someone to what happened and not to tell the life story of a guy.

There's some pretty scathing shit on Dynamite Kid in the beginning of the book I'll mention later that I have never heard about. One example was a practice Kid did in Stampede days where he would actually kick a guy in the head when he was trying to blade, as a sort of rib. Thus, the guy would do a serious and deep cut to his forehead. Needless to say, I'm reading through this really slow, I'm only on chapter two right now.

The bit about Inoki buying the island from Castro is enough for me to pick this one up.

Friendship Island. Fucking awesome.

Also, anal rape with bannanas. And Vader being hogtied, buttnaked, while Yakuza members make little cuts with razor blades all over his body?

Yeah, I'ma most def have to pick this up.

There's some pretty scathing shit on Dynamite Kid in the beginning of the book I'll mention later that I have never heard about. One example was a practice Kid did in Stampede days where he would actually kick a guy in the head when he was trying to blade, as a sort of rib. Thus, the guy would do a serious and deep cut to his forehead. Needless to say, I'm reading through this really slow, I'm only on chapter two right now.

Bret mentioned this in his book.