TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 87 - Seek and Destroy

GSP and Huerta are going to have the Twin Cities ladies falling apart like a Minnesota bridge. They are the North/South South to Mouth Connection.

Clearly, the ladies will be on their knees faster than those working at the Locomotion.

Huerta is going to lose... I'm willing to take AV bets.

Since I'm an idiot, and it's really a coin flip (Florian has QQ to Huerta's AK) I'll take the bet. Hey, as long as we don't get rid of my daughter's picture.

Geez, a reference to the Loco and my kid in the same post. Pardon me while I wash my mouth up with soap...

Huerta is going to lose... I'm willing to take AV bets.

Since I'm an idiot, and it's really a coin flip (Florian has QQ to Huerta's AK) I'll take the bet. Hey, as long as we don't get rid of my daughter's picture.

Well considering it is an AV bet and not a sig bet, you don't have to get rid of your daughters picture... If I was you I would really think twice before taking this bet, it's still awhile away.

So I guess Danzig has been telling people that the Guida rumor isn't panning out. Not sure if that means Guida is fighting on the card just not against Mac or if the fight is taking place at another time.

Updated card....

GSP/Fitch

Lesgnar/Herring

Florian/Sexican

J-Mac/Maia

Manny/Dana's Cabana Boy (Rob Emerson)

Evensen/Kongo

Steve Bruno vs Chris Wilson

Thomas Drwal vs Andre Gusamo

Luke Cummo vs Tamdan McCrory

J-Roc vs Ben Saunders

That should be about it with Karo/Yoshida and Guida/Danzig being bumped to the fall.

I have a quick question for those who are more in the know about MMA, which is pretty much everyone in this folder. If Lesnar is to lose again even if he puts on another strong showing, will he be damaged goods or will it be shrugged off again as give him him time he has potential and raw ability? Part two to the question, should he have continued to fight in smaller leagues before coming to the UFC for a few years?

Losing to Heath Herring won't hurt Brock. It might even be a step up in competition for him compared to Mir. Hard to say really. Now, had he lost to Mark Coleman? That'd have hurt.

Herring was once considered a top HW in the sport, and still is a very tough scrappy bastard. He's not that talented, but he's strong and tough and gets by with what he has.

Herring has beaten top wrestlers before, but against Jake O'Brien he was hugged for the entire fight. Herring claims he had a knee issue, but who knows. Fighters make excuses.

I'm picking Herring. I don't think Brock is going to just lay on Herring. He's too high intensity and aggressive for that. I think Brock attempting to kill him on the ground will let Herring scramble up. On their feet, it's a wild card, but Herring combines Rocky-like toughness and some decent skill to good success. I strongly believe he'll test Brock's chin at some point. He'll either KO/TKO Brock, or Brock will win the decision. Due to Brock's lack of experience, I'm picking KO/TKO possibly from something Brock's never faced like a head kick.

And no. Brock wants money. UFC's where you go to make money these days. Japan years ago would have been the place, but the entire industry there is down.

Herring has done absolutely nothing in the UFC to make me think he can beat Brock. Nothing.

If knees to a downed opponent were legal he'd be a better fighter but that still wouldn't help him in this fight because I can't envision a scenario where he'd be on top.

I know Heath is more well rounded than Brock and has boatloads more experience but I'd honestly be shocked if he won the fight. It all comes back to JOB making Heath look like a punk and Brock being about 10x the wrestler/athlete that O'Brien is, in my mind.

Wasn't Herring coming off of something like ACL or knee surgery before the JOB fight which is why he couldn't sprawl for shit? Not to say Brock won't take him down but yeah, like Rudo said there's nothing Brock has shown yet to justify saying he can beat Herring.

Wasn't Herring coming off of something like ACL or knee surgery before the JOB fight which is why he couldn't sprawl for shit?

Herring could have been 100% healthy and still had no answer for JOB's sick level changes and fetal alchohol eyes. When has Herring ever shown good takedown D? Heaths been taken down by good wrestlers throughout his career, not to mention the likes of Yamamoto, Imes, Kongo, etc.

WTF has Brock done to make you think he can beat Heath?

Tong already helped me out a bit here. Herring has never been able to stuff a take down and I think Brock is the fastest, strongest, most explosive wrestler that the heavyweight division has seen in a long time, maybe ever.

I fully conceed that if it stays standing then Heath will probably win the fight but I just can't imagine how it does. Heath is also not going to be able to pull a sub out of his ass while his face is getting pounded into oblivion like Mir did. Did you see Mir's face after ONLY 30 seconds?

You're right. Brock hasn't concretely shown anything at all yet but I strongly believe in his potential.

Hey I'll be the first to admit if I was wrong after the fight.

Herring likely needed plastic surgery after the hurtin' Fedor put on him and even then that was stopped due to cuts so I'm not sure (besides stoppage due to said cut) what Brock can thrown down on him he hasn't absorbed before.

If Brock stops Herring by strikes, I will be absolutely shocked. Say what you will, but the only time I've ever seen him stopped by strikes was Mirko. Mirko was at the top of his game, Herring was at his worst, and Mirko just nailed him in the liver and Herring's body shut down. Herring had the absolute worst gameplan I've ever seen for that fight.

Otherwise, like Curry said, Fedor couldn't even stop Herring. The man may fight like a box of bricks, but he is goddamn *TOUGH*. He's hard to slow down from his "pace", he's damn near impossible to stop by strikes, and he seemingly doesn't understand the idea of giving up. He's not a great fighter. He had potential to be one day, but he's still tough as nails.

Brock's going to get Herring down. No question. It's just how it proceeds from there. Herring has pretty good scrambling abilities (Kind of a shittier, heavier Liddell in that respect), so the more Brock tries to do the more opportunities Herring will have to scramble. In the O'Brien fight, JOB (as we seemingly call him now) didn't give him ANYTHING and just laid on him. If Brock does that I'll be shocked. He strikes me as too intense, too motivated to win to just eek out a decision. I see Brock doing what he did against Mir. Get on top and rain blows. With Herring the odds of a knee bar are so astronomically low that I don't think Brock will be afraid. His goal wll be to KILL Herring.

If Brock can stop Herring with strikes, then Brock's going to be a killer. The type of stuff that it'd take to put Herring out would take out pretty much anyone in the Heavyweight ranks.

So Roger Huerta in the in-depth video claims that the fight with Florian will be a "cake walk"... Yeah ok Roger...

It seems like Huerta's head is getting to big for his own good, between him calling out BJ Penn, and those comments about the Florian fight... I think he will be in for a rude awakening on a few weeks.

I wouldn't say he was calling BJ out, more so just pointing out that he's still got contenders in the LW division to beat before he moves on to GSP.

And yeah, I love Huerta but Kenny's going to wreck him badly.

Aside from aggression I don't see how Huerta has anything in his arsenal that can threaten Kenny. Meanwhile Kenny has the stand-up, wrestling and grappling to totally humiliate the Sexican.

Huerta has a strong chin, and KO power... But his striking is a very wild and brawling style. He has never really faced a striker in the UFC with good crisp muay thai like Kenny Florian. I think that will tell the difference. Huerta is going to leave a lot of openings for Florian to land those body kicks he loves.