TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

Not a lot of action today.

Damn Kahran, that was cold, brother. I was going to take Taylor very, very soon. Hell of a pick there.

I knew he wouldn't last much longer and he was simply more talented than the other guys I was considering. I mentioned it at the time, but he should have been the one taken many moons ago instead of Hornung.

OK, time to turn my attention to the defence...

Buoniconticard.jpg

Nick Buoniconti, LB

Super Bowl winner VII, VIII

AFL All-Star 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969

AFC-NFC Pro Bowl 1973, 1974

Boston Patriots 1960s All-Decade Team

AFL All-Time Team

Dolphins Silver Anniversary Team

Pro Football Hall of Fame 2001

As much as I wish he'd just go away now, with the champagne toasts and everything, there's no denying his toughness and leadership abilities.

I'll take Russ Grimm.

* 4x Pro Bowl selection (1983, 1984, 1985, 1986)

* 5x All-Pro selection (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986)

* NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

* 70 Greatest Redskins

Needed a guard. Eventually he'll make the Hall of Fame too.

I hope it's just the 7/4 weekend, because this is getting sloppy. Any way, my pick (which admittedly is a couple hours after my deadline)...

donnie_shell_jpg.jpg

Donnie Shell - SS

5x Pro Bowl

5x All Pro

4x Super Bowl champ

51 career INT's

With Atwater helping against the run, I'll complement him with a great pass covering safety for double coverage or zone situations.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm in San Francisco for the 7/4 weekend here, but I didn't know I had to pick. Anyways, my next pick is:

33-38472-P.jpg

LT Jim "Jimbo" Covert

Just a good old-fashioned Left Tackle, one of the better ones of all-time, who helped block for Walter Payton's Bears in the 80s. There's not a whole lot of great left tackles left out there, so I figured might as well scrape him up while I can. He's a 2-time Pro Bowler and named to the NFL 1980s All-Decade Team (I believe the last tackle out there on an All-Decade team, as well).

When I was took Grimm, yeah, that was the other option. I had to think about that choice for quite a bit.

I think the main problem is PM's not being sent. I've noticed a couple cases where someone who was up to pick never did (and they were logged in). This leads me to believe that they didn't receive any notice that they were up. I don't mind waiting, but it'd be nice to have a better pace to this thing like the hockey and soccer drafts.

Dana Stubblefield, DT

93%20SP%20D.STUBBLEFIELD%20RC.jpg

3 time pro bowler

4 time all pro

Defensive Player of the Year

Defensive Rookie of the Year

Guest Vitamin X

I am. Agent picks:

385x517-maryland7.jpg

DT Russell Maryland

Career Stats

Sacks 24.5

INT 1

Safeties 1

Stats at NFL.com

* 1x Pro Bowl selection (1993)

* 1990 Outland Trophy

I have some work to do, but I'll try and update the big board on the first page as soon as I get it done. For now, nogoodnick is on the board with his pick- if he doesn't pick within the next 8 hours, he will lose his draft spot and his players will be released back into the pool. He has two picks to make up as well. I think Jorge was going to post for him, but I don't know what's up, with his laptop or whatever. We'll see, and it's up to MFerXtreme87 to put him out of the draft at 12:43am PDT/3:43am EDT.

If Nogoodnick makes up his two picks within the next 8 hours, do his missed picks go away? or if he misses another one later on is he gone?

Guest Vitamin X

The rules at the beginning say if you miss 3 rounds, you're out. I would assume that would mean missing 3 in general, not 3 in a row. Either way, both scenarios would apply to nogoodnick, since if he misses this round, he misses 3 in a row. In the first post, all the way at the bottom, there's a board I have listed there with posters that have missed picks (and how many), and then who still needs to make up picks. I think Broward is still missing a pick, but I'm not charging him (because of the holiday) nor me (because I'm pretty much running this damn thing + also because of the holiday) with a missed pick. I need to PM him and let him know, actually.

This is where I wish I was at the end of the round. Nobody I want from his team has a shot of getting back to me. Is there anyone who wants to take over his team by any chance, ala Fokai with Canadian Brandon's team?

Eventhough I'll get two of his guys, I don't think disbanding the team is fair to the people who none of his guys will get to. I think it's too late and it gives us picking at the end a bit of an unfair advantage. Just my take on it.

I think we should get a replacement.

michalske_mike.jpg

LG Mike Michalski

Small at 6'0" and 210 lbs. but a bad ass who will definitely play through injury.

The Glory

- Played from 1926-1937 for the New York Yankees and Green Bay Packers in 122 games.

- First guard inducted into the HOF (1964)

- 1920's All Decade Team

- 6x All Pro

- "Moreover, throughout his football career he played with an unrepaired congenital abdominal hernia."... Who doesn't love these old school players?

To shore up my O-Line, sans center.. I go with:

06F.jpg

RG -- Russ Grimm

Career Stats

Games played 140

Games Started 114

Fumble recoveries 7

Career Highlights and Awards

4x Pro Bowl selection (1983, 1984, 1985, 1986)

5x All-Pro selection (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986)

NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

70 Greatest Redskins

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'm back.

Settle down, kids. Let me take inventory.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

As the Roger Goodell of the NFL draft, nogoodnic's team is LOCKED until I get confirmation he's not playing anymore and a replacement is found.

The more I think about it, the more I don't like releasing players back into the pool. People with position at the other end of the draft order get hosed.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Also, Cornelius Bennett is released back into the pool, since I'm not running 4 down linemen and 4 LBs. My list must have run out quick. To replace Bennett, I'm taking

S-Bob Sanders

bob-sanders.jpg

I've watched nearly every down of professional football this guy has played, and he's a homicidal maniac. Injury prone, but when he's on, he's D-Player of the year good. Intelligent and lethal in the right coach's hands, and what defensive coach's hands are better than Landry? I recall a close one in Indy where he brilliantly slapped a tipped ball out of bounds on a 4th down play that could've easily gone to daylight if anyone decided to be a hero. I love that kind of shit.

2x All-Pro selection (2005, 2007)

2x Pro Bowl selection (2005, 2007)

Super Bowl champion (XLI)

2007 AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year

2007 GMC Defensive Player of the Year

Well in that case, I'll take...

AAEA009~Jackie-Smith-In-endzone-Posters.jpg

Jackie Smith

5x Pro Bowl selection (1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970)

5x All-Pro selection (1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970)

There's quite a few teams left without a TE, and not a lot of top-tier ones available, so I felt that I had better get one soon. Smith is probably most known for being the "sickest man in America" during Super Bowl XIII, but before that, he was an excellent TE for the Cardinals (then in St. Louis). He averaged 16.5 yards per reception for his 16-year career, which is outstanding, even when you adjust for the era that he played in. He was also a great blocker, so I don't have to lose that part of the game at that position.

And he even ran the ball 38 times for 327 yards and 2 TD's to boot.