Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

281704clarkinside.jpg

Gary Clark, WR

- 4x Pro Bowl

- 2x All-Pro

- Over 10,000 yds recieving and over 60 career TD's

- 2x Super Bowl winner

- Once amassed 241 yards recieving in a game (NFL record for a non-strike game)

One of the 'Posse' on the great Redskin teams of the late 80's and early 90's, Clark was the tough, blocking WR to go with Art Monk's pass catching ability and someone else's (hasn't been drafted yet) speed. He would always pick up tough yardage and is always the guy the Skins went to with the game on the line (even before Monk). He will play a similar role in my 3WR set, as a counterbalance to Johnson's big play ability and Smith's great hands.

and

image_163.jpg

Bobby Boyd, CB

- 2x Pro Bowl

- 4x All Pro (3x 1st team)

- 1960's All Decade Team

A rock in the Colts secondary for almost a decade, he is their all-time leader in INT's (and top 10 overall in NFL in both INT's and INT yards), despite playing only 9 seasons. He'll be a nightmare opposite Mike Haynes as the speed of my backs will scare any opposing quarterback and nicely counterbalance my safeties. Plus, with Boyd, Houston and Haynes, I have 3 guys who are threats to run an INT back into the endzone.

I hate to be such a tight-ass with the time limit, but it's been over 16 hours so...I'll go ahead and finish my defense.

t1_albertlewis_wi.jpg

Albert Lewis

Pro Bowl (x4) (1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)

1st team All-Pro (x2) (1989, 1990)

Kansas City Chiefs HOF

An excellent cover corner, Lewis can do many things on the football field, from rushing the QB (12.5 career sacks), to rushing the punter (a whopping 10 career blocked punts).

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Fine by me.

Time for my nod to the old school, to complete my O-line.

wojo.jpg

Center-Alex Wojciechowicz

Twice an All-pro and twice an NFL champ, he's in Canton and the College Football HOF. Lined up next to Lombardi in college, where he was a 2 time all-american. Played both ways like every real man used to, and racked up 19 picks as a LB for the Lions and Eagles. Had an absurdly wide stance when snapping the ball. Guy's the size of an RB nowadays at 5'11" 217, but c'mon, guy was drafted before WWII.

Right, picking for Smartly again. He takes:

lance-briggs.jpg

Lance Briggs, OLB

2x All-Pro

3x Pro Bowl

and

t1_neal.jpg

Lorenzo Neal, FB

3x All-Pro

4x Pro Bowl

Blocked 11 straight 1000-yard rushers dating back to 1997

Guest Vitamin X
Guy's the size of an RB nowadays at 5'11" 217, but c'mon, guy was drafted before WWII.

Haha, I can see what you meant by not fielding an offense.

Anyways, here's Just John's pick:

p1_welker_tielemans.jpg

KR/WR Wes Welker

Height: 5-9 Weight: 190 lbs.

Career highlights and awards

* 2003 Mosi Tatupu Award Winner

* All-Pro selection (2007)

* 2007 New England Patriots 12th Player Award

* 2007 NFL receptions leader (112) (tied)

* 2008 Pop Warner Inspiration to Youth Award

Selected NFL statistics

Receptions 208

Receiving Yards 2,296

Touchdowns 9

Guest Vitamin X

I had to scan the list a couple times because I couldn't believe this guy wasn't taken yet.

matt_light.jpg

LT Matt Light

6'4", 305 lbs.

Career highlights and awards

* 3x Super Bowl champion (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX)

* 2x Pro Bowl selection (2006, 2007)

* All-Pro selection (2007)

* Tuesday Morning Quarterback Non-QB Non-RB NFL MVP Award (2007)

Selected NFL statistics

Games Played 97

Games Started 95

Fumbles Recovered 1

With this pick, I'll move Jimbo Covert over to the RT spot, and move Matt Light into the LT spot. Why LT? Because Matt Light has been the starter at left tackle for the Patriots since 2001. This guy has protected Tom Brady's blind side for the entire Belichick/Brady era, for the most dominant team of the decade. And he has done this despite the fact that the Patriots' offensive line has been in constant turnover throughout this time period, which makes him an excellent pick at this stage of the draft. He only has two Pro Bowls to his name, but looking back, he deserves a lot, lot more. This guy neutralized Jevon Kearse against the Eagles. This guy helped the Patriots escape without a sack against the infamous Carolina front four of Peppers, Jenkins, Rucker, and Buckner the year before. And, of course, he helped lead the way on the highest scoring offense of all-time on the only regular season team to go 16-0. I don't even see that many Patriots linemen taken (outside of John Hannah, of course) but this is one of those guys that deserve a lot more recognition.

No idea if I'm up (or was up or whatever...) but I'll make my pick since it seems I've gotten jumped over.

andersoncover.jpg

RB Neal Anderson

5'11" and 210 lbs. of solid running ability. Also played in the run n' shoot for 1 year in college and was capable of 1,000+ yards and a 4.4+ YPC at his peak. Also a good receiver capable of 40+ catches. Will tag team with Billy Sims for a vaunted rushing attack.

Also made the pro bowl 4 times and made Pro Football Weekly's 1st team all-conference 3 times. Also was 2nd Team All-NFL in 1990.

Guest Vitamin X

Well, he is running the run-n-shoot, and I guess Deion Sanders can play both corner spots at the same time, right?

Some draft strategies here are just plain weird. Is JustJohn, for example, going to have one of his offensive linemen or Adam Vinatieri handle punting duties?

Just so everyone is aware, there's only 3 more rounds left after this one, so take that into account when filling out your roster...

Guest Vitamin X

Fuck, ignore what I said, I mixed Just John and Smartly Pretty's team together and thought there were 4 linebackers and 4 DL on one of those.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

And Goblin, you're fine. Three more selections, and you need a K, a P, and a Coach.

Three rounds? I still have two spots on offense left to fill and then still need a kicker, punter, and returner. I don't think I ever got skipped.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Actually fuck that, there ARE four selections left.

Everyone should have 22 selections so far.

There are 26 total picks.

11 Offense, 11 Defense, Coach, Kicker, Punter, Return/Special Teams.

It should be 4 rounds after this current one. I have 11 on offense and 11 on defense. I need a return man, kicker, punter, and coach. Some people (like myself) don't have the return man position listed on their rosters, that's why things are a little confusing.

Actually fuck that, there ARE four selections left.

Everyone should have 22 selections so far.

There are 26 total picks.

11 Offense, 11 Defense, Coach, Kicker, Punter, Return/Special Teams.

Ok that's what I thought since I don't have a KR. So now I can draft my kickers, coach and special weapon.

I thought we were having 27 rounds? Oh well, it doesn't change my strategy much.

I don't even see that many Patriots linemen taken (outside of John Hannah, of course) but this is one of those guys that deserve a lot more recognition.

I think Brady spending most of the Super Bowl flat on his back is too fresh in people's minds.

Guest Vitamin X

Even with losing the Super Bowl, this era's Patriots are still far and away the top team in the league this decade. Losing the Super Bowl just keeps them from being the best team of the decade ever.. And with that I usually consider the usually regarded teams here as in the 60's Packers, the 70's Steelers, the 80's Niners, and the 90's Cowboys. The Colts would probably fill the role of the 90's Bills most accurately, with the exception that they actually won a Super Bowl.

But I digress, I just thought it incredible not to take the ONE consistent linemen on what has been considered one of the league's top offensive lines on arguably the team of the decade for the recent era, recent Super Bowl be damned. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that upset, to be honest.

Light's among the top tackles of the decade for sure, but I suspect that the Super Bowl is the reason he fell so far. I have Walter Jones at LT, so I had no reason to take Light. Had I needed one, I probably would have taken Light a couple of rounds ago.

I would add the 50s Browns, 40s Bears and 30s Packers to your list BTW.

phf-aaee006.jpg

Charles Mann.

4 Time Pro Bowler.

70 Greatest Redskins.

83 Career Sacks.

17 Career Forced Fumbles.

2 Time Super Bowl Champ.