TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

UFC 50 Full Lineup

It's all over the place, but this definitely looks good to me. I love Jorge and Rich, I don't know who to cheer for there. Rich is moving down to middleweight stacking the division even moreso then it already is, especially when you consider that Robbie Lawler is moving up and taking on Evan Tanner. At welterweight Trigg gets a shot at Charuto, not to mention Hughes-St. Pierre and Tito-Metzger, which should be a fun squash. There's a heavyweight fight featuring Tra whose old as fuck but should take out someone named John Marsh. John Marsh? What kind of name is that?

The new Bushido card is out too, for the most part. But UFC 50 looks to be awesome at this point, and I will boldly predict that a UFC without Chuck or Randy will be the best ever.

Guest Army Eye
by Dave Meltzer

[email protected]

UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir was seriously injured last night in a motorcycle accident.

While riding his motorcycle, he was hit by a car and knocked off the bike, and flew 70 feet off his motorcycle, breaking his femur upon landing. Probably the only thing that saved his life was he landed on grass, and suffered no other serious injuries. He underwent surgery to repair the large bone in his leg, which was cracked in two, this afternoon in Las Vegas. The estimates UFC officials have is that he will be out of action for about one year.

No decision has been made regarding the championship that Mir was scheduled to defend in Japan in December against Andrei Arlovsky.

It's really, just amazing how bad UFC's luck is with their champions.

That sucks, man. I'm not really a fan of Mir's but he's a great fighter and that's horrible news. Here's to a quick recovery.

BTW, I'll be fighting a Muay Thai fight next Saturday, so wish me luck! Well, if we can get the little problem of me fighting in a strip bar and being under 21 out of the way. Hopefully that will be worked and I can fight.

Amateur Muay Thai. No elbows. If both sides agree to it, shinpads don't have to be worn. Three 2-minute rounds.

I was thinking about running out and throwing a flying knee at the beginning of the match, will that suffice?

I do like the backfist, especially after a faked spin kick.

Guest krazykat72
What do you people think about Barnett vs CroCop if the fight happens?

I think Josh has a decent shot at beating him via tap out or Ground and Pound if he doesn't get hit with a high kick early on.

-Paul Jacobi-

Amateur Muay Thai.  No elbows.  If both sides agree to it, shinpads don't have to be worn.  Three 2-minute rounds.

I was thinking about running out and throwing a flying knee at the beginning of the match, will that suffice?

I do like the backfist, especially after a faked spin kick.

Fighting under ISKA or K-1 rules? Do a leg trip and finish with an elbow!

Guest krazykat72
I think Josh has a decent shot at beating him via tap out or Ground and Pound if he doesn't get hit with a high kick early on.

-Paul Jacobi-

Isn't this the case with EVERYONE vs. Cro Cop?

Not really. I'm not sure someone like Heath Herring could do it and Ron Waterman couldn't either. Josh on the other hand is (or at least was) a top level heavyweight with good submission skills. Therefore I like his chances better than most.

-Paul Jacobi-

Because of lack of UFC 50 thread yet, (I'll let RRR handle that), I'll post this here. I just found out I'm going to the show at Trump Plaza! My dad is on some Trump list where they send him free offers for things, and they offered 2 free tickets to the show and a hotel room, and he asked me if I was familiar with something called "War of 04", and he said we could go. I don't think he really understands what it is, but I'll show him some fights before hand. That should be fun. Hopefully the seats are good. Anyone been to a UFC show live before?

Apparently Nog is *this* close to signing a deal with K-1. His agent has had a falling out with DSE and is looking to ink a deal that would make Noguiera the highest paid MMA fighter in history. Of course, this is all part of a trend DSE hopes to make where they deal with fighters directly rather then through agents. I personally don't think it would happen, because Nog wants to conclude his bout with Fyodor. However....

He still thinks he's won the fight, and the no contest may have pissed him off enough that he decides to leave. While I can't find a direct article for his contractual situation, as I've just seen postings all over the place, I have noticed that in an article he has stated that had they not clashed heads Fyodor would have been in the position of submitting to a RNC, with pictorial evidence of him slapping it on some random Japanese guy.

The article in all of it's glory

Look at the source, and the English is horrible I warns ya.

Guest krazykat72
Because of lack of UFC 50 thread yet, (I'll let RRR handle that), I'll post this here. I just found out I'm going to the show at Trump Plaza! My dad is on some Trump list where they send him free offers for things, and they offered 2 free tickets to the show and a hotel room, and he asked me if I was familiar with something called "War of 04", and he said we could go. I don't think he really understands what it is, but I'll show him some fights before hand. That should be fun. Hopefully the seats are good. Anyone been to a UFC show live before?

UFC shows are a lot of fun.

I've been to 3

2 in Mohegan Sun in CT and one in AC. (Penn/Pulver, Rodriguez/Couture, Rodriguez/Sylvia)

The crowd gets a little restless when things go to the ground (which shows some fans aren't as MMA educated), but when they're totally into it, it's amazing.

The Cabbage/Sylvia fight was a *great* fight to be in the crowd for.

You should have a great time and it looks like it'll be a fun show. I'm realy looking forward to Hughes/St. Pierre. (and hoping for the upset)

-Paul Jacobi-

Well, if he wants to fight Fujita every match, with the occasional Frye or Goodridge, let him go.

Let the guys who want to fight top contenders fight in Pride. I like Nog and all, but, whatever.

Might as well bump this up pointing out that PRIDE 28 (Yes they are FINALLY returning to the numbered shows) has confirmed the following three matches:

Silva-Rampage (obviously)

Mirko-Barnett (Someone's bandwagon is about to be derailed)

Nakamura-HENDO~! (Winner gets a spot in the GP next year, so don't screw this up Dan)

Two stellar cards within nine days; has pro wrestling ever been this good? EVERY MMA Card has something to offer, and I can't remember the last *bad* card. But we've already gone through the "WWWF SUCKS NOW MMA 4 LIF!!!" phase, that was just for the noobs who haven't :)

With just those 3 matches, I think this might be the best card of the year.

Silva/Rampage - the rematch. Both guys at 100%. For the belt. The most dominant fighter since the Royce Gracie UFC era vs. the real #1 contender. Plus, they both love Jesus.

Barnett vs. Cro Cop - the return to legit competition of the last bearer of the true UFC HW crown vs. the rebuilding Croatian Wrecking Machine. Barnett was considered one of the top fighters in the world at one point, is he still?

Hendo vs. The Nak - I won't jinx it by calling it a potential MOTYC, but I'll say this gives me the feeling of a Hendo/Netwon or Hendo/Arona style match up. Oh YEAH~!

Pride 27 kind of sucked.

That said, this card looks badass.

Hendo is exactly the kind of fighter not to put up with Nakamura's bullshit. I expect Dan to pound the shit out of Hendo, similar to Shungo Oyama.

I really don't see any reason why Cro Cop/Barnett should be any different than the Herring or Aleksander match. The best stand-up fighter Barnett fought was Rizzo, and he got KO'd but Cro Cop is way better in stand up than Pedro. Granted Barnett probably wouldn't fight Mirko the same way, but I still believe it would end in KO.

As for Silva/Rampage, you just can't pick against Silva. Probably be Silva's biggest test since, hell, I don't know, Cro Cop. Match should be close, with Silva coming out on top.

TTT, this thread always dies after I post in it :(

Big rumored fights of the week:

BJ Penn vs. Sean Sherk at Rumble on the Rock.

Royce Gracie vs. Akebono at New Year's Eve show. :huh:

UFC and Fox Sports Network anounced today an agreement for four one hour television specials over the next year.

The first special will be on 10/17 at 5 p.m. The first special will be taped, featuring the Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz and Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler matches from UFC 47.

UFC and Fox Sports Network anounced today an agreement for four one hour television specials over the next year.

The first special will be on 10/17 at 5 p.m. The first special will be taped, featuring the Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz and Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler matches from UFC 47.

Will this be shown on Comcast Sportsnet in either DC or Philadelphia?

I am pleased that UFC is back on Fox Sports Net but sad to see it is on Sunday at 5 PM which means that it will be overlooked my almost everybody but hardcore fans since football is still on at that time.