TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

For those who can't quite tell from the link:

Ryo Chonan vs. Phil Baroni: should be a fun brawl unless Phil gets a hair up his ass to go for the takedown, which would be a mistake with how protected Chonan is on the ground.

Masakazu Imanari vs. Joachim Hansen: Imanari is giving up too much weight again. Hansen is going to hurt him.

Kazuo Misaki vs. Daniel Acacio: Unlike Takase, Misaki actually knows how to throw a strikes, and can grapple as well. I think he should look impressive vs. Acacio. GO GRABAKA!!!

Jutaro Nakao vs. Marcus Aurelio: Nakao has been a top 15 WW for a long time, and is on a comeback. The last WW Aurelio fought was Nakamura, who Nakao just happened to TKO in Daisuke's previous bout.

If Phil wins (and I think he will) I wonder what kind of wrench that would throw in the Middleweight division. Here's hoping the NYBA gets over himself and goes back to calling out Matt Lindland. I know one thing though, if he does win it makes PRIDE Look REALLY weak in terms of 185 lb'ers. I think Ryo Chonan is overrated anyway, it's not like people were hanging off of Daiju Takase's nuts when he beat Carlos and Anderson.

Should be a slam dunk for each, though I'm basing Silva mostly on what I've heard, as I haven't been able to see the vast majority of his fights.

Should be a slam dunk for each, though I'm basing Silva mostly on what I've heard, as I haven't been able to see the vast majority of his fights.

With the exception of Pulver, Silva will be Gomi's biggest test so far in Pride.

In related news, Kawajiri and Hansen appear to be out of the GP later this year, apparently because they will be fighting for the Shooto belt beforehand. I think this nicely sets up a match between the winner of that fight and the winner of the GP.

Hansen is bad-ass but I hope my man Kawajiri (edges Hansen in bad-ass factor) wins so the highly anticipated match between him and Gomi will become more of a reality. (Based on the assumption that Gomi will win the GP.

Got the UFC 46 show.  Watched Franca vs. Thomson (close to a FOTY for me, if the last round hadn't really dragged), GSP vs. Karo was a tad disappointing but still good.

Franca/Thomson was a dark match wasn't it? I don't recall seeing it on the PPV broadcast.

Don't worry, it's definitely still there, there's just a new link. I went on the mma dc hub recently and they just kept jerking me around. I actually used to be a mod at the mma tracker but there wasn't much for me to do so I'm a vip now. When I get back to the tracker I'm going to request to be a mod again so I can ban those dicks.

Don't worry, it's definitely still there, there's just a new link. I went on the mma dc hub recently and they just kept jerking me around. I actually used to be a mod at the mma tracker but there wasn't much for me to do so I'm a vip now. When I get back to the tracker I'm going to request to be a mod again so I can ban those dicks.

I e-mailed one of the mods, I figure since my share ratio is good (like 3.0 or something) that he might e-mail me the new link but not so far.

It's not like it matters anyway, they shut down the tracker to new members recently, IIRC.

I e-mailed one of the mods, I figure since my share ratio is good (like 3.0 or something) that he might e-mail me the new link but not so far.

It's not like it matters anyway, they shut down the tracker to new members recently, IIRC.

You emailed me and like I said, I was demoted to vip because I didn't do much to help the tracker after the first month, though I have no idea why they promoted me to a mod in the first place. All I did was post some helpful bittorrent posts in the forums back when everyone was first registering for the tracker. I just accepted it and went on like a normal user.

So that's the reason why I haven't been replying to your emails. I never intended to be a mod.

Oh, I mean I just wait for the PPV and order it to support the sport.

I was gonna just put a couple of random MMA cliches after, but now that I have the idea I'm gonna make a list. These all make me laugh really in how lame they are for the most part. Lame and annoying, but that's why they're funny to laugh at, especially the ones from commentators. Add if you like.

SUPPORT THE SPORT!

OMG WE'RE GOING MAINSTREAM!

BIGGER THAN BOXING!

(My favourite from Goldie) SO YOU WANNA BE AN ULTIMATE FIGHTER?!

Trying to sound hip while there's a high moment in the fight: Brought to you from IN YA FACE DOT COM! (or some other stupid shill at a high point in the fight. He has a used car salesman vibe I swear.)

Bas with a fighter he likes, whose in a bad position: Oh he's got nothing there. *Fighter taps*

Shot to the liver, he hit the liver, nice body shot....to the liver.

Rogan: Oh yeah, he's a tough dude.

(Insert fighter name) is top of the food chain.

HE'S ROCKED! (Insert fighter name) IS ROCKED!

HE'S GOT DYNAMITE IN THOSE HANDS!

OMG HES GOT IT SUNK!!!!!!

okay he's out.

Guest Deft

Err, I guess check out the IRC channel (EFnet, #mma-tracker) or shoot me a pm. There should've been an email sent out to all existing members with the new address.

Guest Brian

From MMA Weekly:

The initial numbers are back for UFC 52 pay per view buys featuring Liddell vs Couture. MMAWeekly.com talked with an official for DirecTV who believes that the pay per view did "In the 210,000 range" but didn't have direct numbers from all cable services.

According to Dave Meltzer, in his latest wrestling observer, he believes that UFC 52 did around 200,000 buys. Either way, if the number was just over 200,000 buys then that was the number Zuffa at least wanted to get to.

The main event of that show was Chuck Liddell vs Randy Couture as Liddell KO'd Couture. The previous pay per view high number under the Zuffa regime was Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock at UFC 40 where it was estimated the ppv did around 150,000 buys.

Great news for Pedro fans

http://www.news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=9466

He's also rumored to be fighting Fedor in October at a new Bushido Europe event called Rotterdam Rumble.

I can't see DSE letting Fedor and Rizzo fight on some "upstart" show, but you never know. Fedor would probably murder Rizzo.

K-1 HERO's results

From PuroresuPower:

K-1/HERO's ran the first round of their 2005 Middleweight Tournament on July 6th in Tokyo at Yoyogi National Stadium Gym I, claiming 10,697 paid. Results:

1. Super Fight: Rodrigo Gracie defeated Kiuma Kunioku after 2 rounds by a 3-0 judges' decision. The rounds were 5 minutes each.

2. Super Fight: Bob Sapp defeated Alan Karaev (Russia/Paul Maki) in the 1st round in 3 minutes, 44 seconds by KO with a straight left punch.

3. Super Fight: Yoshihiro Akiyama defeated Carl "Tombstone" Toomey in the 1st round in 59 seconds with a cross-arm scissors hold for the submission.

4. Super Fight: Ray Sefo defeated Kim Min-Soo (South Korea) in the 2nd round in 24 seconds by KO from a right high-kick.

5. Super Fight: Akira Kikuchi defeated Katsuya Inoue (RJW) in the 1st round in 1 minute, 41 seconds by referee stoppage. Kikuchi basically pounded on Inoue like a rag doll and dominated.

6. Tournament: Hideo Tokoro defeated Alexandre Franca "Pequeno" Nogueira. The two went to a draw after two 5-minute rounds and Tokoro caught Nogueira with a right back-blow 8 seconds into the overtime round for the KO.

7. Tournament: Hiroyuki Takaya defeated Jani Lax in the 1st round in 1 minute, 56 seconds by KO from a left hook.

8. Tournament: Royler Gracie defeated Koji Yoshida (pro-boxer) after 2 rounds by a 3-0 judges' decision. The rounds were 5 minutes each.

9. Tournament: Kazuyuki Miyata defeated Shamil Gaydarbekov in the 1st round in 2 minutes, 49 seconds with a choke sleeper. Shamil replaced Magomedov who was pulled from the card at the last minute. One-sided fight.

10. Tournament: Remigijus Morkevicius (Lithuania) defeated Takehiro Murahama in the 1st round in 1 minute, 14 seconds by KO from a left hook.

11. Super Fight: Peter Aerts defeated Wakashoyo (ex-Sumo) in the 1st round in 1 minute, 36 seconds by TKO from referee stoppage. Another one-sided performance.

12. Super Fight: Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto defeated Ian Schaffa (Australia) in the 3rd round in 1 minute, 23 seconds by KO with a right uppercut. The format was 3 rounds of 5 minutes each. A very strong performance by Yamamoto who beat Schaffa up pretty good, including swelling his right eye up completely. After the fight, Kid said that he had caught a cold ten days before the fight and had a fever.

Mostly expected results, but HOLY SHIT, Tokoro beat Pequeno. That more or less dumps a lot of the FW rankings on their collective heads.

On a smaller note, Kikuchi's dominating performance moves him ahead of karo Parisyan in my WW rankings.

From what I heard Tokoro should probably have won the decision after regulation, but I guess they gave Pequeno the benefit of the doubt being the Shooto champ and all. I've also heard the fight may have been stopped a little early so I guess everything balances out.

Is Pequeno the one that was SHOOTO champ for like six years or something? I am unfamiliar with most guys below 155.

And you all have shitty taste in humour. I laughed out loud when I heard Goldie go "How do you say that in the PORTUGUESA!" I forgot what fight that was though. Probably Sobral at UFC 52.

Guest Brian

From MMAWeekly:

MMAWeekly.com has learned that Frank Mir will not only fight again, but will fight most likely in October it could be December. MMAWeekly talked trainer Ricardo Pires tonight and Pires told MMAWeekly's Ryan Bennett that "Frank is doing surprisngly well, much better than I would have ever imagined."

Pires continued, "I thought his career could be over, it's amazing to see how fast he has healed and he is training." Orginially the thought was that Mir would fight in October but as of tonight, it still could be December.

"We should have a better idea tomorrow night. He will be going in for his final exam tomorrow night on his leg and if it goes well then he will fight in October. If not then we will probably have to push it back to December" Pires told MMAWeekly. There was plenty of talk the past few weeks that he may retire and never fight again. That is not the case.

His return fight won't be an easy one by any means, as Andrei Arlovski has become one of the most feared fighters in the UFC. Arlovski has acquired the current Interim UFC Heavyweight Belt and will try to unify the belts in October at UFC 55.

Frank Mir hasn't fought since June of 2004. Mir then defeated Tim Sylvia at UFC 48 by armbar as Mir broke Sylvia's arm in the win. It will have been 16 months since Frank last appeared in the Octagon if he fights in October.

Rumour is Frank was more than happy to be a lazy pice of shit with a belt, and was never in any real rush to come back. Just thought that was worth noting.

Arlovski via KO, Rd.1

PRIDE MW GP Finals matches:

Overeem vs. Silva

Rua vs. Arona

Reserve match: Vitor Belfort vs. TBA (mostly likely Yoshida, possibly Kondo)

Saw a thread on the Dog that said that Ninja Rua will be fighting in the UFC for the October show. This would be great for a variety of reasons, mainly that I like the guy who seems like a cool dude, and this could resurrect his career really. Not to mention the amount of great matchups that would be fresh over in the UFC. The fans would love the guy's non-stop style too. It would be a shame for him to have his career essentially be over at 25.

Guest Brian

According to Sherdog and MMAWeekly, they've pushed Mir-Arlovski back to December. The former also says that Dana White has told them that Forest Griffin could headline UFC 55. Given that he will be doing a media tour and coming off TUF 2, would they go with Griffin-Bonnar 2? It seems like as good a time as ever.