TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Guest Brian

I don't know if Puder is going to end up being a great fighter, but the UFC needs to get this guy under some sort of contract. I'm not saying put him on the main cards, but let him work the small shows and get a few more fights under his belt. I'm watching StrikeForce right now, and he's just got tons of personality and can cut a promo like crazy and he looks raw, so I think there's something to get out of him.

Q. Jackson needs to be the next shrillman for Xyience! If he needs some warmup matches before fighting Chuck then let him fight some of the TUF scrubs on Ultimate Fight Night live shows. After a couple powerbombs on people like Southworth, Shamrock, Goodridge, I'm sure the public will jump on his bandwagon the second he does his 1st Joe Rogan interview.

Sadly I am all for Jackson squashing people on the UFN shows. He'd be by far the biggest name to ever appear on them and most likely the biggest name (barring Shamrock) to ever appear on a live fight card for the UFC.

Quinton Jackson is not a bigger name than Franklin at this point, no matter how you slice it.

If you're talking strictly popularity, than he's definitely not as popular as a lot of the guys from TUF.

If I were the UFC, I wouldn't sign him. For the money he wants, it's not worth it.

Y'see, the problem is Quinton kind of sucks nowadays.

I usually respect your opinion, but I don't see how you can say Quinton sucks. I think a move to UFC would revitalize him both physically and mentally not to mention his style would work more to his advantage in the cage. He has adequate enough standup, his takedowns are some of the best in the game, his wrestling is good, he's good in the clinch (unless he's against Chute Box), and he's never been subbed except by Kazushi Sakuraba in his first fight on the big stage. His only losses are against the previously mentioned Sakuraba, the LHW champion Silva, and the LHW tourney winner Shogun, so saying Quinton sucks, even kind of sucks, is pretty off base right now.

Maybe it's because I ride Quinton's nuts like Rudo rides Shogun's but whatever, :D

All it would take to get people to jump on the Jackson bandwagon would be a few squash matches and some Unleashed specials. Might as well make Jackson the next coach for TUF Season 4. It did wonders for every single one of the coaches in UFC. You wanna push a fighter that the common fan has no idea who he is...put him on TUF as a coach, make a few propaganda Unleased episodes, then have him main event a few PPVs. The sheep will follow.

Y'see, the problem is Quinton kind of sucks nowadays.

I usually respect your opinion, but I don't see how you can say Quinton sucks. I think a move to UFC would revitalize him both physically and mentally not to mention his style would work more to his advantage in the cage. He has adequate enough standup, his takedowns are some of the best in the game, his wrestling is good, he's good in the clinch (unless he's against Chute Box), and he's never been subbed except by Kazushi Sakuraba in his first fight on the big stage. His only losses are against the previously mentioned Sakuraba, the LHW champion Silva, and the LHW tourney winner Shogun, so saying Quinton sucks, even kind of sucks, is pretty off base right now.

Maybe it's because I ride Quinton's nuts like Rudo rides Shogun's but whatever, :D

Quinton, in my eyes and the eyes of a lot of other people, hasn't really looked impressive since picking Chuck apart over two years ago. Since then, he's:

- been KO'ed twice by Wanderlei

- had some slight problems en route to pounding out Minowa & Yokoi

- had serious problems taking JD's against Ninja & Yoon Dong Sik

- KO'ed Arona in a fight he was losing rather badly

- defeated by Shogun

Of course, he's still a Top 10 caliber LHW, but he's not what he once was, and you can only expect to get a victory by the skin of your teeth so many times. Add in the fact that his act is wearing a bit thin and his high asking price, and I agree with YPOV that it'd be foolish to sign him.

Ok, Forrest's "Road to Tito" is awesome. Must-see stuff in this weeks 4th installment where Forrest takes us around his place (which he shares with other fighters) and we find Alex Shoenhauer sleeping with a gun and some bullets next to his bed. Alex takes Forrest out to the desert and a bunch of whackiness ensues. If you ever wanted a POV shot of Forrest taking a wizz, then this is your lucky day my sick friend.

Yoshida vs. Nishijima... ON! for the Grand Prix

Cro Cop vs. Minowa... ON! for the Grand Prix

Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Barnett... ON! for the Grand Prix

Overeem vs. Werdum... ON! for the Grand Prix

I like the last two matches, the first two can burn in hell. If they wanted to give Yoshida and Cro Cop buys, they should have just said so, like I think they will with Fedor.

Ever since Inoki Office closed up shop, PRIDE's been dying to get Fujita back in the mix, seeing as how he's the only Japanse HW left in the world worth half a shit, outside of TK's slowly rotting corpse.

Will Evan Tanner ever be able to make it back to the top of the middleweight division or at least contend? I know he didn't fare well in both of his fights against Franklin but I really like Tanner.

Evan's probably going to stay near the bottom of the Top 10. He's a jack of all trades (though his striking still leaves a little something to be desired), so could arguably give anyone a run for their money, but not being overpowering in any one area (and a questionable chin) makes it unlikely he'll ever be king shit.

So was Bas Rutten really that huge of a badass?

His striking is A+ for MMA, his wrestling was ass, and his BJJ, while fairly pedestrian in the start of his career, but it gradually progressed to where he was able to avoid the higher skilled ground fighters' subs and sub some of the weaker ground fighters himself.

He'll be the first to admit his takedown defense was his weak point, just watch his fight against Randleman and hell, even against TK where was awarded a couple of fortuitous standups even though TK was improving position and staying busy with elbows and ground and pound.

I think he could hold his own against the Silvas and the Shoguns since his Muay Thai was waaay better than their's could ever hope to be. It's guys like Arona that would give Rutten a hard time. In fact, Arona would probably be the worst possible matchup Rutten could ever (not) hope for.

I would say top 15 or 20 all-time (he only fought two "true" MMA fights his whole career), but in a sport where the eras are so diversified it's hard to tell where he would truly be ranked.