TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Holy shit the commercials on Spike for TUF are hilarios. Mir KO'ing Sims and tapping Brock = Tha Best. I had a discussion with one of my roommates tonight about who would be the better coach and even though he's wrong his argument that Nog will teach his fighters to get their asses kicked en route to a submission was funny.

I wonder who will be the first fighter to complain about the language barrier.

Nogueria speaks perfect english... n00b. I think Machida does as well.

Holy shit the commercials on Spike for TUF are hilarios. Mir KO'ing Sims and tapping Brock = Tha Best. I had a discussion with one of my roommates tonight about who would be the better coach and even though he's wrong his argument that Nog will teach his fighters to get their asses kicked en route to a submission was funny.

I actually think Frank Mir is going to be a great coach, he has the right personality for it.

Plus Robert Drysdale is one of his asisstant coaches.

I wonder who will be the first fighter to complain about the language barrier.

Nogueria speaks perfect english... n00b. I think Machida does as well.

I know, but there's going to be at least one douche who loses on their team who will complain that he couldn't understand them and that's the reason why he lost. Just got a feeling about that.

On MMALive yesterday Dana pretty much came right out and said that if Chuck wins tomorrow then he's fighting Forrest for the title on the New Year's show. I don't think that's shocking news, but it's out there now.

They have three monster PPVs lined up in a row if Rashad doesn't ruin Dana's plans. November and January should both already easily top 1,000,000 buys and maybe Chuck going for the title again could contend for that, as well.

I understand that Randy vs Brock is a huge selling fight, but 1-1 in a company with a win over a guy who's tailor made for your style sucks for a title shot.

I think Dana should have just owed Frank one and made Randy vs Nog.

MMAlive is a good show

I think Rashad Vs. Forrest can draw pretty well to... They can pull the whole TUF 1 Vs. TUF 2 winner build up. It worked for Bisping/Rashad, which did really well as far as buyrates went.

Forrest/Rashad, at least physically would be viewed as a huge mismatch. Forrest is what, 6'3? Rashad is something like 5'11.

If Rashad was to beat Chuck, there is no way they wouldn't be able to market that fight. Rashad is a marketable personality no matter what anyone says. Him and Bisping drew a large amount of draws, considering how weak the undercard was. The "MMA Fans" might view this as a mismatch, but its still a marketable fight to the casual fan.

I personally think it would be a pretty good fight.

Tito on what happened with Rampage.

“Let me explain this to you because it really pisses me off that Ibarra has done what he has done, he is a thief,” said Ortiz. “I have been running training camps for seven years up in Big Bear California and the most that my camp has cost a fighter to attend is $35,000. Ibarra was charging Jackson $65,000 to go to Big Bear. I don’t understand that! He was being very disrespectful and taking advantage of Rampage. Including travel, training partners, food and lodging, the most ever was $35,000, maybe if you flew in more trainers… 40K. Where did that extra money go that Ibarra was charging? Rampage is really pissed and he feels betrayed that he was taken advantage of and I couldn’t agree more with him. I don’t care if Juanito reads this or hears about it anywhere, he already knows that he is blackballed. I don’t care who you are; fighters work very hard for the money they earn and I feel slighted for even knowing Juanito.”

Forrest/Rashad, at least physically would be viewed as a huge mismatch. Forrest is what, 6'3? Rashad is something like 5'11.

If Rashad was to beat Chuck, there is no way they wouldn't be able to market that fight. Rashad is a marketable personality no matter what anyone says. Him and Bisping drew a large amount of draws, considering how weak the undercard was. The "MMA Fans" might view this as a mismatch, but its still a marketable fight to the casual fan.

I personally think it would be a pretty good fight.

Agreed. Rampage laid out the blueprint to beat Forrest, it'd be up to Rashad to follow up on it. I'd pick Forrest for the simple reason that I think he's more of a "fighter" then Rashad and would outlast him but Rashad would definetly give him problems.

So, where does everyone presume Chuck goes from here? If not retirement - which is probably the route he should take, who does he fight?

So, where does everyone presume Chuck goes from here? If not retirement - which is probably the route he should take, who does he fight?

Reese Andy...

And risk Chuck getting Rashowned again? Hells no.

In totally unrelated but pretty cool news StrikeForce has signed PRIDE standout Mitsuhiro Ishida to a deal and he'll be debuting at the next Playboy Mansion show. I imagine if he wins his fight we'll see a rematch between him and Melendez, likely as a challenger to Josh Thomson's LW title.

It's a great fight. Chuck's pushing 40 and Houston will just stand there and trade with him. Someone's getting knocked out.

1) It will be a fight people are interested in due to the higher than normal KO potential (>90%??)

2) If Chuck can't beat a 1-dimensional striker like Houston, he should retire anyway

3) If Houston wins then he's right back on the hype train baby. Choo choo.

Granted, Schafer will probably sub him like a bitch next week and then it doesn't matter.

Agreed on all points but my point was simply that UFC will not risk Chuck getting KO'd again so he'll likely face a grappler or wrestler.

Then again, Rashad was a wrestler so maybe Chuck's not safe anymore.

But Rashad has great footwork and head movement...

Don't forget dance moves! I was hoping he would bust a crip walk during the middle of the fight.

Chuck's face did the electric slide after getting clocked.

I thought I heard that on Rome's show today from an emailer.....HILARIOUS.

I'm sure he's a cool dude and good BJJ guy but I fucking hate Rodrigo Gracie. Every single fight he's been in has been complete and utter piss. I'd rather have a flaming q-tip shoved up my urethra then watch Rodgrigo Gracie vs Yuki Sasaki again.