TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

As for the move up - he's got to. Even if he wins 10 fights in a row at MW no one wants to see him get another title shot.

You're right about that. Unless someone pulls a Buster Douglas on Silva, Ace isn't getting another shot at the Gold.

And to be perfectly honest, I want to see a Silva-Leben rematch, because I enjoyed seeing Silva beat the crap out of Leben.

Hamill vs Rich is interesting but I'm not sure if it's in the good way. Franklin, obviously has the advantage in terms of the standup but we've seen Hamill take some heavy shots before and not flich so I'm not sure if Franklin will be the one to topple him. Franklin also got taken down by Travis Lutter and while Hamill isn't a grappler of Lutter's calibre he's unquestionably stronger and a better wrestler so I see him taking Rich down at will but not being able to do much else once he's got him down.

Hamill by UD at this point, methinks.

C.B. Dollaway Vs. Jesse Taylor is set for July 19th...

Kinda suprise to see Dana give Taylor a 2nd chance so soon, I figured he'd make him fight in some smaller organizations before letting him in the UFC.

I'm glad this is happening aside from the awesomeness because Diego has always been a pro when it comes to showing up in good shape/making weight (aside from UFC 69 which doesn't count) so the pressure is going to be on Alves to make weight.

Two cool pieces of news floating around.

1) UFC 89 is free on Spike TV so Bisping/Leben and Sanchez/Alves for free. Nice.

2) All federal drug charges were dropped against Leonard Garcia. Hopefully he can put a win or two together and get in the cage with Urijah. I'd like to see that fight. Garcia looked great in his WEC debut at 145.

Whether or not this actually pans out or not, depending on the outcome of the Irvin fight Silva is likely to defend against Okami in October according to the conference call with Dana on Thursday.

Anyone know about the condition of Shogun? Does it look like he'll be able to come back successfully with the same style, or will there be a dramatic change in the way of his fighting?

I've heard everything from an early 2009 return to him never being able to fight again because the damage is too severe. Hopefully it's the former and not the latter.

I was wondering something. We all know thanks to Lutter and Riggs what happens when the challenger doesn't make weight for a title fight, but what if they champion doesn't make it? Does the challenger get a choice whether or not to leave it as a title fight or do they get royally shafted?

I'd like to think that the champ is stripped and the challenger (assuming he makes weight) still fights for the title

The fact that Shogun retore his knee during training is an incredibly bad sign. As someone who has a bum knee, I can attest that it never really heals. It'll always be a problem for him, and if it can re-tear during training, then I find it doubtful he'll ever be the same fighter again.

At best, he'll have to retool his style to work around it. At worst, he'll have to retire due to it continually re-tearing.

I heard Shogun would be ready by November or December. He spent the last few weeks giving training seminars around the US. He looked to be in good shape and showed no signs of the injury bothering him. Of course he wasn't going full speed, but it is a sign he is having a good rehab on his road back.

For those that follow K-1, Sato KTFO'd Buakaw this morning (night) in Japan.

Rest of the final four: Masato (UD over Drago), Souwer (UD over Stevelmans), Kyschenko (UD over Kido), Kraus beats Zambidis by doctor stoppage (cut) in the reserve fight.

Sato vs. Buakaw was fucking tits. The second round was masturbation material. I dunno what happened but Bua was listless in the third and dropped his hands way low. Was it the pace, the body shots or both that did it?

I doubt it was the pace, Buakaw has always had seemingly endless stamina. I think he started to get groggy from the punches and the knee to the body was what really hurt him, and allowed him to get hit with the KO shot.

Is there any word on when Lesnar's next fight is? I haven't heard anything about him fighting since he lost his UFC match.