TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Kimbo's a pretty well-spoken guy, actually. If you're basing his ability to speak on being interviewed after fights you should do some further research.

No he is basing this of a sterotype because Brody is a redneck hillbilly from Wisconsin. And I'm not joking.

Bullshit... I'm straight up Gangsta:

l_c46a040a6e0cdeb4756b82ddc2719e89.jpg

I hate validating Kenny Florian, and beating Diego is just about the only thing that turns me around on him.

Seriously? What if he beat someone like Edgar or Maynard? You've been hating on Florian forever, and despite being proven wrong the by guy repeatedly, you seem to find ways of not only picking against him, but convincing yourself that he's just not that good. I'm pretty certain that even if he could beat Diego (even by stopping him), you'd give him props immediately after the fight and then still rag on the guy consistently.

Also, despite being a somewhat better striker than he used to be, Diego still his the same defensive flaws he's always had standing, and he frankly simply isn't as good on his feet as Florian. The most important issue in my mind is that Diego's wrestling hasn't improved quite a while. He's still mainly a bull-rush style takedown artist, who gets the majority of his via scrambles or sheer overwhelming force. Florian is too seasoned right now to fall to it repeatedly, IMO, and while Diego may find some early success like Lauzon did, Florian is good at making his openings in between count as he slow burns his opponent. Plus, unlike Bielkheden, Gassaway or the other guys he's put away with his G&P, Florian is no longer going to simply sit around and give up if Diego is on top.

Kenny is pretty evasive, but all he really does is circle (which, to his credit, is better than most guys` straight-back/hands up evasion techniques, but it is still a predictable technique that can be gameplanned around). He did that against Joe and Joe was able to get him against the fence by bull rushing him much in the same way Diego does to his opponents (only with more pressure, leading with strikes, and more follow-up than Stevenson). He did that against Sherk and he ended up dummying a ring post. No doubt he can potshot Diego, but Kenny doesn`t have the power in his hands to do any damage with those shots and Diego can take a punch. Meaning that when the judges see Diego moving forward and throwing and landing a few big shots vs. Kenny backpedaling and landing smaller punches and kicks in higher frequency, Diego will end up scoring more points on the cards.

I freely admit to irrational Kenflo hate. I don`t even hate the guy, really, I just don`t have a ton of confidence in him. He`s had good wins with the ones over Huerta and Stevenson, but those guys aren`t at the level of a Fitch, who Diego was very competitive with. Against the top tier of the division, he simply hasn`t proven himself. As much as Joe Daddy and Huerta have been spotlighted, they weren't top 5 guys.

Diego certainly has his flaws, perhaps moreso than Kenflo, most of which centres around an unrefined game. Still, I think aggression is the key to beating Kenny and Diego is one of the most aggressive guys in the game. I also think his takedowns are enough to put Kenny on his back and even if Kenny is able to get back up, all that means is that Diego will take him down again which means points on the scorecards.

So were Canadians pissed last night due to Emmanuel Newton fighting a conservative fight, or Roger Hollet sucking balls? If the former, it's worth noting that by Antonio McKee standards, Newton was a spark plug. If the latter... well, what else is new with your champs?

So were Canadians pissed last night due to Emmanuel Newton fighting a conservative fight, or Roger Hollet sucking balls? If the former, it's worth noting that by Antonio McKee standards, Newton was a spark plug. If the latter... well, what else is new with your champs?

I'm Canadian, and I think Hollett was overrated and overhyped.

Get in my guard!

Pretty good, but the dude isn't wearing nearly enough Tapout apparel, nor was there nearly enough threats of making the dude tap prior to the actual "fight."

By adding a 17 second KO win over solid SHOOTO & Cage Force veteren Fanjin Son to his previous besting of UFC & Bushido veteren Michihiro Omigawa, I'm now making a far too early predicition that Chang Son Jon will be the first Korean to make it into the UFC's lightweight division.

Kalib could go on a huge win streak and smash the likes of Lindland, Mousasi and others and dude still will never come back. One of the most embarassing performances in MMA history and his "Fuck you I've got bills to pay" bitch-fest after being released only dug his grave deeper.

WEC bantamweight Will Ribiero is in a coma w/ a 50/50 chance to live.

World Extreme Cagefighting bantamweight title contender Will Ribeiro suffered life-threatening injuries during an early morning motorcycle accident in Rio de Janeiro, according to a report on the WEC’s official website.

The report, which cites Ribeiro’s manager Ed Soares, states that the Brazilian fighter was a passenger on a motorcycle and was not wearing a helmet. At the time of the accident, it is believed that the motorcycle was riding down a road that was slippery as a result of rain.

A former member of the Brazilian Olympic boxing team, Ribeiro was immediately rushed to a local hospital, where he’s currently in a comatose state.

“My assistant said that the doctor said for sure that he (Ribeiro) has lost sight in one of his eyes,” Soares is quoted as saying by the WEC. “He’s still in a coma. After surgery the doctor said there is a 50-50 shot that he will come out of it (survive).”

Ribeiro, 10-2, recently competed at WEC 37 on Dec. 3, losing to Brian Bowles via submission in the third round. In spite of the loss, he remains one of the most highly-regarded bantamweight prospects in the world.

“He’s a very positive guy, very hard-working, a good person,” Soares is quoted. “He had had a very rough life. His mother passed away like seven years ago and he took over the care of his younger sister. He’s like a father-brother-mother to her … I’m still crushed right now.”

- Five Ounces of Pain

Sucks. But motorcycles are bad.

22 year old Olympic Judo Gold Medalist Satoshi Ishii has turned his back on Japan. He's joining ATT and hoping to draw the attention of the UFC.

Could be promising.

I somehow missed the fact that Gerald Harris is now with Arizona Combat Sports. I like Harris and think it's a good move for him, as I think ACS is better at attuning wrestlers to the submission game than say, Team Quest, which should help round his game out.

I somehow missed the fact that Gerald Harris is now with Arizona Combat Sports. I like Harris and think it's a good move for him, as I think ACS is better at attuning wrestlers to the submission game than say, Team Quest, which should help round his game out.

He doesn't train there fulltime... He also goes to the UK and trains with Rampage.

I'm not really DRUNK, per se, so I'll keep this one brief-ish. I wasn't working at the time, so this one is actually from my brother:

It started when some little, white wannabe was trying to act down in front of a bunch of eses whilst waiting in line outside of the club. He was walking up to them, saying shit like "Orale! Sureños!" and shit like that. Of course, this guy was too fucking stupid to realize that possible gang bangers don't like being called out in any form, especially not by stupid gabachos. So my brother grabbed the security guard doing pat-downs, and basically told him "Get this fucking guy out of here before he gets himself killed." However, when the security guard tries to get the guy to shut the fuck up, the little wannabe starts shooting off at the mouth even more, about how he doesn't like being touched, and that nobody disrespects him and shit. This was more amusing than threatening considering the dude looked like he'd never been part of anything harder than a polo team, but the comedy shot to a whole other level when his bitch tried to get herself involved.

"No, baby! Don't get crazy! They don't know who you are, baby!"

Now at this point, my brother, the door guard and another security guard who's arrived on the scene to see what the commotion is all abut fucking lose it, and start laughing their asses off. This only serves to turn the girl hostile as well, as she quickly responds by telling my brother to go fuck himself, and calling him a faggot and whatnot. Rather than responding verbally, my brother simply takes the cigarette from his mouth and flicks it right at the bitch's face, nailing her right in the eye. She starts howling and screaming bloody murder, running around like a freshly decapitated chicken. And her boyfriend, being the hardass gangster he is, responds by yelling at the top of his lungs, "OH MY GOD! SOMEBODY DIAL 911!" The bouncers get another hearty laugh out of this, as does everyone else in line, as the boy scampers off with his girl in search of some medical assistance, I assume.

A little while later, my brother notices the same guy approaching from a distance, so removes his jacket, hands it to the door guard and starts rolling his sleeves up in anticipation of a fight. Living up to his reputation once again though, the guy pauses in his tracks and says "Hey, man! I didn't come back for that, bro? I just want to know why you gotta' disrespect my girl like that, bro?" My brother simply rolls his eyes, and tells the guy to fuck off before he beats the shit out of him, which the little wannabe does, of course.