Sean O'Haire $15,000

Josh Barnett $60,000

Pawel Nastula $20,000

Mauricio Rua $25,000

Kevin Randleman $40,000

Fedor Emelianenko $100,000

Mark Coleman $70,000

source: Keith Kizer

So now will people ease up on Dana White a little bit? He pays his champions more than Pride does.

I'm just wondering why there is such a huge discrepancy in the salaries of Hughes/Penn and Silva/Franklin.

Anybody have any insight?

Franklin locked himself into a long-term contract before his rise in popularity and status, which he probably figured would pay off in the long run.

Hughes gets paid a base amount, if he wins he gets a win bonus. Usually these deals are something like "$50,000 to fight and $50,000 if you win". On top of that he stopped the fight and defended his title. I think he earned the right to get paid that much more than BJ in this case.

BJ made as much as Dan Henderson did on Pride 32. Dan Henderson won his fight and is Pride's welterweight champ.

Do you have the Pride FC salaries?

Robbie Lawler $10,000

Joey Villasenor $3,000

Kazuhiro Nakamura $10,000

Travis Galbraith $2,000

Phil Baroni $15,000

Yosuke Nishijima $15,000

Dan Henderson $50,000

Vitor Belfort $30,000

Eric Esch $30,000

Sean O'Haire $15,000

Josh Barnett $60,000

Pawel Nastula $20,000

Mauricio Rua $25,000

Kevin Randleman $40,000

Fedor Emelianenko $100,000

Mark Coleman $70,000

source: Keith Kizer

So now will people ease up on Dana White a little bit? He pays his champions more than Pride does.

I don't really know how reliable these numbers are, I've seen like three different estimates for the card. No knock on you at all, but I think some of these figures may be a bit off.

The most popular explanation is those are "official" figures put forth by PRIDE to the NSAC, with the fighters getting much more under the table to avoid getting taxed up the ass.

Not worth starting a thread over but 66 on December 30th is lookin' something like this so far.......

Lightheavyweight Championship: Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz (Confirmed)

Keith Jardine vs Forrest Griffin (Confirmed)

Marcio Cruz vs Andrei Arlovski (Confirmed)

Karo Parysian vs Drew Fickett (may end up on the December UFN card)

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Carmello Marrero

Dean Lister vs Nathan Marquardt

Guest nWoCHRISnWo
I'm watching Nick Diaz vs Karo Parisyan on Spike right now and I'm really digging it. Does anyone know what show it's from?

UFC 49. It was his first fight after knocking out Robbie Lawler I think.

Karo is always entertaining. Who else does a fucking cartwheel as a throw?

Not worth starting a thread over but 66 on December 30th is lookin' something like this so far.......

Lightheavyweight Championship: Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz (Confirmed)

Keith Jardine vs Forrest Griffin (Confirmed)

Marcio Cruz vs Andrei Arlovski (Confirmed)

Karo Parysian vs Drew Fickett (may end up on the December UFN card)

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Carmello Marrero

Dean Lister vs Nathan Marquardt

This looks better than the garbage they've been putting out the last couple of months.

Yes. Do NOT buy Bushido.

The main event was emotional with a great story, but everything else was pretty bad.

Aoki vs. Melendez being called must have cursed the whole card, and

Filho

is a fuckin pussy.

Somebody just told me this on another message board after I made remarks to the effect of Aleks and Hunt being slightly overrated in the HW division:

"if you think aleks isnt a contender you need to probably go jump off a bridge or something...if you think mark hunt isnt good I advise you to do the same"

I already replied, but I'd like to know what you would say in that situation, Lei, since it's always funny hearing you shit on Aleks, :headbang:

So I've been tryiing to get into watching PRIDE, and I was thinking about ordering the PPV this weekend but I wanted to ask you guys first. Is the upcoming PPV tournament worth ordering?

No.

I would venture to say NO Pride PPV is worth buying due to how they absolutely butcher the events. Entrances are edited out, half the time the opening ceremony (Sometimes the best thing ON a PRIDE show) is cut out, and most of the emotion is vaporized. Sometimes entire fights are edited out, and others cut down to the last round. On top of that, Ranallo and Trigg are absolutely horrible...Trigg more so. Back when it was Quadros & Bas, you atleast knew the commentary would own...but now? No. The funny part, is they made a big deal about PRIDE production being at Real Deal in the US...but on the PPV's half the time that badass production GETS EDITED OUT.

The show was also OVER six hours long, so I have no fucking idea how they'd edit that to three hours. I'd assume the supposided top fight, Minowa v.s. Barton (Yes, you heard that right. I missed it though :() would be completely edited out, along with much of the undercard and Gono's badass entrance. The fights themselves weren't too great, beyond the main event...which in the American version will probably have all the meaning and drama zapped out of it.

Save your money for the next PRIDE show, you'll be muuuuch better off.

Looks like Randleman has been up to no good.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will be filing a complaint against MMA star and sometimes pro wrestler Kevin Randleman regarding what is alleged to be a fake urine sample he provided in his 10/21 drug test.

Keith Kizer of the Nevada State Athletic Commission got the doctor's report earlier today that the urine sample contained no hormones, and therefore, it is believed to not be either his urine or the urine of a living human being.

Pride has already been contacted and Randleman either has, or will be imminently, on the charge of faking the test, which would be expected to carry similar penalties as a drug test positive.

Randleman is the third of the ten fighters who either came up dirty or had problems in the testing from the Pride show. Ironically, like Vitor Belfort and Pawel Nastula, Randleman also lost his fight on that show, by submission, to Mauricio Shogun Rua.

No.

I would venture to say NO Pride PPV is worth buying due to how they absolutely butcher the events. Entrances are edited out, half the time the opening ceremony (Sometimes the best thing ON a PRIDE show) is cut out, and most of the emotion is vaporized. Sometimes entire fights are edited out, and others cut down to the last round. On top of that, Ranallo and Trigg are absolutely horrible...Trigg more so. Back when it was Quadros & Bas, you atleast knew the commentary would own...but now? No. The funny part, is they made a big deal about PRIDE production being at Real Deal in the US...but on the PPV's half the time that badass production GETS EDITED OUT.

The show was also OVER six hours long, so I have no fucking idea how they'd edit that to three hours. I'd assume the supposided top fight, Minowa v.s. Barton (Yes, you heard that right. I missed it though :() would be completely edited out, along with much of the undercard and Gono's badass entrance. The fights themselves weren't too great, beyond the main event...which in the American version will probably have all the meaning and drama zapped out of it.

Save your money for the next PRIDE show, you'll be muuuuch better off.

When is that? And if this PPV is going to be edited, won't the next one be edited as well?

Someone show me the bloodiest MMA bout you've ever seen.

Yves Edwards' fight from a couple of UFC's ago was also really bloody. He had a hole in his head and the blood was pouring out of it like a faucet, soaking the ring, his opponent, the ref, everything. Probably the Muto scale for me as far as MMA is concerned.