TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 6/2 - 6/8

The cheesesteaks at Citizens Bank Park suck? How the hell is that possible? If I ever go there, that'd be the first thing I think to order.

The cheesesteaks at Citizens Bank Park suck? How the hell is that possible? If I ever go there, that'd be the first thing I think to order.

I honestly agree with the author. I think there's a difference between an authentic cheesesteak and something mass-produced for foodservice at a ballpark. In the main article though, the author mentions the "Schmitter" sandwich, which I wholeheartedly recommend.

Guest Smues

I can't believe they didn't like the pork ribs from Skip & Pete's Hall of Fame BBQ. I get them everytime I go to Turner Field and always enjoy them. I will have to try those garlic fries in Phoenix though, they look yummy.

Citizens Bank Park is the only MLB park I've been to more than once. Minor league parks tend not to be terribly exotic in their fare. I love the food in Philly, lots of options and most of it is good. Only problem is that their concourses get much too crowded, they are slender and they put carts on the side in many spots, creating logjams. I can't judge any other park really since I've only had 1-2 menu items.

How the hell can they not recommend Boogs BBQ at Camden Yards?

I call foul. NY fans come to Camden Yards all the time and the best they come up with is the fucking boardwalk fries that are about the same as every other boardwalk fry ever? If I want damn boardwalk fries Id go to the stupid OC Boardwalk and stand in a 2 hour line for Thrashers.

Oliver Perez now leads the league in walks and hit batters. All he needs is to start throwing some more wild pitches so he can claim his own version of the Triple Crown.

I will, however, vouch for the author's knock on Comerica's Little Ceasars pizza. That'll come as no surprise to anyone who's ever eaten the pizza, but it's expensive, too. The Hot and Readies are just $5, but they're like $12 at the park.

Ah, now I get why the Mets insist on carrying three catchers, it's so Raul freaking Casanova can pinch hit.

Sweet Christ is this team's bench pathetic right now. Even without the injuries to Alou and Church it'd still be pretty dismal.

Edit: Hey, the Mets lost two to one in San Diego. That's new!

I'll see you Mets fans next season. At least it'll be a new location for the same old shit as last year.

Who the hell is going to buy a hot dog from a vending machine when the Fenway Franks are RIGHT FUCKING THERE?

Guest Vitamin X

I call bullshit on Dodger Dogs. I've always loved those fucking things. I guarantee you they just had a couple bad ones.

Funny how the Cuban sandwich in Yankee Stadium is better than the one in Miami.

If the Os win today they'll be 32-30 which is half of the total wins (64) las vegas had them winning this year. I am so gonna kick myself every game now for not betting the over.

They're already up 1-0 on a Luke Scott HR off Halladay in his first AB vs Halladay.

Today was the turning point game for me as a reds fan for this year. It's time to start selling off the vets and building on their good young talent for 09. I really don't think they're far off, and they might compete next year, but they're not catching the cubs and it's looking like they won't be able to get it together enough to compete for the wildcard.

Oh well, tonight I'm driving up to Chicago with 2 of my friends. I have tickets to all three cubs-braves games on Tues-Thurs of this week. I'm not singing that song though.

Four straight losses to the Padres by a total of five runs. I'm at a loss for words.

I'd say this was devastating, but luckily (?) my apathy has reached pre-2005 levels, so I can't work up much of anything.

Guest Vitamin X
The Phillies are still rolling, a sweep of Atlanta leaves them 6.5 back of first place.

Seriously? I thought Philly was doing better than that for some reason.

The Phillies are still rolling, a sweep of Atlanta leaves them 6.5 back of first place.

Seriously? I thought Philly was doing better than that for some reason.

I meant the Braves are 6.5 back. Apologies for my bad pronoun usage.

File this under My Favorite Team Won a Baseball Game: Mark Ellis hits a walkoff grand slam in the 12th to salvage the series the against the Angels.