TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Desert Island Draft

If I'm going to be stuck on an island, why not a show about being stuck on an island?

The man has an excellent point.

You know, I hadn't thought of late night talk shows, but since we're on the subject...

late%20night%20logo.jpg

Late Night with David Letterman

I taped this every single night when I was a teenager. Absolute genius.

Am I up? Wow. Let me see.

VeronicaMarsDVD.jpg

Veronica Mars by Rob Thomas

This show might make it to me again, but I CAN'T take any chances on that. I love everything about this show. It is one of the best serial dramas of all time and you also get the hotness of Kristen Bell.

colbert-749299.gif

The Colbert Report

With the run of late night talk shows starting, I don't think this will make its way back to me.

House

home_hugh.png

Wasn't expecting to end up getting this as I figured it would be gone before I wanted to pull the trigger on it. Terrific season 4 finale bumps it ahead of a couple other shows I was considering.

dave.jpg

Chappelle's Show

Not as good as Mr. Show purely because it had half as many seasons. Fuckin' genius. Densely quotable. A pop culture landmark. Bitch!

786936256390.jpg

Boy Meets World

This show was great. I never got tired of it and still watch it to this day. It's a bit cheesy at times, but it does a good job of balancing comedy with drama.

dead_like_me.jpg

Dead Like Me

One of the most wonderful, perfect shows ever created, with its only major strike against it for this being that it's just two seasons long. But for the level of quality it had, I'm willing to take just those two seasons over a show with more longevity but without the fantastic characters and amazing ability to be hilarious one minute and heartbreaking the next that Dead Like Me had.

six-feet-under-s5-dvd.jpg

I'm going with Six Feet Under. One of the best written and acted series that I can think of, and particularly well directed too. I always felt this was the most underrated/appreciated shows. The character development throughout was fantastic and the last season (particularly the series finale) was as good as a tv show can be. The series finale fit the show better than any other ending episode I can think of.

Dead Like Me was a very fun show. Showtime has a nasty habit of canceling stuff I like early. You do know that they've made a DLM movie right? No Rube, and they've replaced Daisey, but should still be good. It's in limbo right now between a DVD release and shopping it to networks in hopes of getting it back on TV

Six Feet Under was pretty kickass. The last 2 seasons were hit and miss, but one of the best TV series endings ever

cast_limo.jpg

How I Met Your Mother

A tough, tough choice for me. This draft has already seen two of my picks hit the dust (FNL and Boy Meets World) so I guess I'm picking my favorite currently running sitcom. Just very likable characters and a good mix of seventyfive percent comedy with a smattering of drama. But this was a tough one for me i've got a couple of others I really want to pick.

I had two choices for my next draft pick. Now, it's down to one.

Thanks, CB. :angry:

...and there went the second.

Thanks, gWIL.

Being that the board was down a bit today am I supposed to give Jorge a lil more time then the 12 hours? I'll wait a bit longer, but if he takes my next pick in mind I'll be pissed

cast_limo.jpg

How I Met Your Mother

A tough, tough choice for me. This draft has already seen two of my picks hit the dust (FNL and Boy Meets World) so I guess I'm picking my favorite currently running sitcom. Just very likable characters and a good mix of seventyfive percent comedy with a smattering of drama. But this was a tough one for me i've got a couple of others I really want to pick.

DAMMIT! I KNEW I should've taken this last round. :angry:

figured with the board down 24 hours seemed like a good time

dexter-review.jpg

Dexter

Dexter Morgan: "I can kill a man, dismember his body, and be home in time for Letterman. But knowing what to say when my girlfriend's feeling insecure... I'm totally lost."

Without The Wire this is the best show on TV. Michael C Hall's transformation from gay little David Fisher on Six Feet Under to Dexter Morgan is simply great. Solid supporting cast, and a opened ended story on where this show can go from here, very looking forward to what they have in store for upcoming seasons.

Side note: Dexter is meant to be watched on Showtime. If you're watching Dexter on CBS then you're not watching Dexter

Sorry I'm late, the board was down when I was around yesterday!

So I'm taking my third show that I would have been happy with in the first round.

Charlie Rose

f08de547eeded039.jpg

The best interview show on television. It's been running since 1991, with 5 shows a week, so I've got another show with massive amounts of content. Of course, that's not why I took it. He has interviewed everyone. EVERYONE. Bill Clinton, Larry David, Mahmoud Amedinajad, Madeline Albright.... artists, athletes, politicians, chefs, thinkers, movers, shakers, candlestick makers. He interviews them in a simple black room, over a simple oak table. No frills, no graphics, no retarded music... just Charlie, his guest and a robotic camera.