TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zappafrank

WWE Signs D-Lo Brown

A while ago the topic was brought up of "Why does WWE keep bringing back 'Legends' from the '80s, but hardly ever the '90s?" At least this partly answers that. Nice to see them bring back someone who isn't completely over the hill and can probably still work.

Fucking GREAT to hear D-Lo has resigned with the company. I have a question concerning the chest protector gimmick/angle. Was he legit injured by Dan Severn in that match, thus forcing him to wear it or was it just a gimmick and nothing more? I always thought it was funny that it was OK for him to wear it, and even use it in a match, but if someone else took it and used it, (Val Venis getting DQ'ed at Summer Slam for giving Brown the Money Shot while wearing it) they would get DQ'ed. Can't wait for D-Lo to get back in the ring!

Yes he was. Torn pectorial.

If I remember right, it actually ended up being a little bit of both. It started cause he was actually hurt but then when he got major over with it and was healed enough to wrestle without it, they kept it on him and turned it into an angle.

Either way, Chest Protector European Champion D'Lo was one of the best things on WWF television. He was to the WWF what TV champion William Regal was to WCW.

Al Snow is still the best Euro Champion ever.

I enjoyed how Al Snow dressed like he was from a different European nation every week; my favorite beeing "Greese".

I love D-Lo's celebration after he beat HHH for the European Championship. You would've thought he just won the World Title or something.

Al Snow is still the best Euro Champion ever.

I enjoyed how Al Snow dressed like he was from a different European nation every week; my favorite beeing "Greese".

I love D-Lo's celebration after he beat HHH for the European Championship. You would've thought he just won the World Title or something.

Ah, so THAT'S why D-Lo was rehired!

Triple H wants to get his job back!

Only joking with the H bashing. Don't take the above text seriously.

So where the hell is he? Down in Florida? Please don't tell me they signed him just to become an agent.

EDIT: Although as I just finished this, I had a thought, wouldn't it be something if he debut as a draft pick. Raw/Smackdown selects...................... "You're looking at the real deal now..........."

If that music hits, I mark out.

I'm as big a mark for D-Lo Brown as the next guy but I'll never forget the dead reactions he got in the last few months of his WWE run. From his blindfold match against HHH until Rodney Mack sent him packing, I don't think he could purchase a yay or boo from the crowd. Hopefully, that'll change.

how the hell are they going to use this guy. give me a break. ok he was the 1st eurocontinental champ but if that went well he wouldve never been released in the 1st place. hes sketchy in the ring ask droz and dont blame a fuckin spilt soda give me a break i dont see how that makes someone mess up a powerbomb

how the hell are they going to use this guy. give me a break. ok he was the 1st eurocontinental champ but if that went well he wouldve never been released in the 1st place. hes sketchy in the ring ask droz and dont blame a fuckin spilt soda give me a break i dont see how that makes someone mess up a powerbomb

Yes. He is the only guy to ever make a mistake in the ring. D-Lo is a tremendous talent and has drastically improved over the years. He'll be a great asset to the company.

Hang on, D'lo has/had improved a great deal since leaving WWE, he had a fun stint in TNA and Japan before resigning with the WWE. Its amazing what a bit of free reign can do for a worker. D'lo, A-Train, Tomko and Bull Buchanan (all generic WWE workers) have developed into their own over in Japan since leaving. And as far as I'm aware, D'lo hasn't injured anyone else in the 10 years or so its been since the Droz incident. To hold a grudge against someone for breaking another workers neck due to accident is harsh. We'll never know the true details behind it, but from what I've heard Droz doesn't blame D'lo, so why should some guy on the internet?

well how many wrestlers paralyzed a guy. i mean d'lo s not a bad guy but like c'mon if he was the 1st euro ic champ that means the company had very high hopes for him if they gave both theyre mid card titles to him but he clearly wasnt cause the crowd was with him enough so they gave him crap after that (c'mon him teaming with the godfather as liek a second pimp geez that was weak. d'lo had a great move set but there is a reason he didint work back then so why would he work now

well how many wrestlers paralyzed a guy. i mean d'lo s not a bad guy but like c'mon if he was the 1st euro ic champ that means the company had very high hopes for him if they gave both theyre mid card titles to him but he clearly wasnt cause the crowd was with him enough so they gave him crap after that (c'mon him teaming with the godfather as liek a second pimp geez that was weak. d'lo had a great move set but there is a reason he didint work back then so why would he work now

British Bulldog was beating Owen Hart in Germany?

D'lo was pretty popular for a midcard guy during this late 90s/early 00 run, however, the Droz incident did knock alot of wind from his sails. I think the crowd stopped caring for the same reason you did - he crippled someone.

Its been 10 years, he's improved, the crowd will be 'fresh' for him and him to the crowd - he hasn't really been seen on TV for some time now outside of TNA. He's improved his game and he had some ok Charisma for a 'midcarder' back then, and from what I saw of him last its still with him.

EDIT: My Bad didn't see the Euro IC linked together.

it isnt like he left on a high note. there are a lot of young fans now do you think theyre going to remeber the golden age of d lo. like i said i liked the thigns he did in the ring he had a nice move set but among a lot of marks (us) he is best remebered for dropping a guy on his head

Well, like you said there's a lot young fans out there now, so thats a fresh crowd to work with - ones that won't remember him 'dropping a guy on his head'. Even though alot of smart marks/marks remember him for that, there's still alot of love on this forum for him, and this isn't the most forgiven of forums either.

Anywhere this could go back and forth all day/all night and we'll never convince each other of our view on the matter. Personally, I'm glad he's back, don't think he's going to cripple anyone, think he'll have some 'fresh' charisma to whatever show he goes to. If however, he bombs and breaks someones neck... I owe you a pint, only Fosters though, nowt too expensive.

thanks for the piint man fosters is fine for me. much better then the bud light im drinking now. i mean back in the day i liekd d lo causue the lo down and the sky high were awesome. i would like to see him be successful but i just wanted to point ou why it might not. hey neither of us are going to back down from our points an i respect that and i think you do make a great point

The crowd stopped caring because he was paired up with Godfather and Chaz/Tiger Ali Singh. It had as much to do with how he was booked after the fact.

FYI it was because of Droz's shirt that he was wearing and not being able to get up like he should have that the botch happened.

there's a lot young fans out there now, so thats a fresh crowd to work with - ones that won't remember him 'dropping a guy on his head'. Even though alot of smart marks/marks remember him for that

I wouldn't say I was a 'smart mark' as such, still have lots of huge mark moments self-admittedly.. but even as an Internet follower for the last 15 or so years, I think I speak for a lot of people, the majority, who remember D-Lo for his mannerisms & chest protector gimmick.

Sure, people know the Droz incident, but seriously, the percentage is small, even smaller to those who care about it.

there's a lot young fans out there now, so thats a fresh crowd to work with - ones that won't remember him 'dropping a guy on his head'. Even though alot of smart marks/marks remember him for that

I wouldn't say I was a 'smart mark' as such, still have lots of huge mark moments self-admittedly.. but even as an Internet follower for the last 15 or so years, I think I speak for a lot of people, the majority, who remember D-Lo for his mannerisms & chest protector gimmick.

Sure, people know the Droz incident, but seriously, the percentage is small, even smaller to those who care about it.

No you're right, that's what I remember him for as well, chest protector, wobbly head and 'YOU BETTA RECOGNIZE!' Such a great heel gimmick to have a chest protector on, pretending to be injured, then using it to injury other people. Though, didn't it start to get him over in the end? lol

it isnt like he left on a high note. there are a lot of young fans now do you think theyre going to remeber the golden age of d lo. like i said i liked the thigns he did in the ring he had a nice move set but among a lot of marks (us) he is best remebered for dropping a guy on his head

No not really...That's how you're remembering D-Lo. Everyone's whose posted so far has only talked about his in-ring work and his gimmicks (CHEST PROTECTOR!!), so far you're the only one's whose brought up the Droz accident and if you want to talk about "sketchy in the ring" and ask "how many wrestlers have paralyzed a guy?", ask yourself this question...how many wrestlers have killed someone? D-Lo is a great wrestler in the ring and one of the best that I've personnally worked. He's a great guy and only wants to give to the buisness and add to it.

WWE did a good thing hiring him again. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a great run right off the bat.

Is everyone else hoping they keep his orginal entrance music?

YOUR LOOKING AT THE REAL DEAL NOW!