TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zappafrank

WWE Signs D-Lo Brown

DLO is the man, I think his frog splash is the best of them all, really, I do. His Sky-High is awsome. I still remember a tag match he and someone against the hardy's. The hardy's did the double team move they do when their opponent is resting on the corner and Matt is on all fours while Jeff runs, steps on Matt and hits a plancha of sorts. The counter was awsome when D'LO countered with a sky-high. Granted, Matt stopped the count but I marked like hell when I saw that countered.

I wish WWE gives him the chance he deserves, I know that he's not 6'6, 225 + pounds, but he can work.

He would come back and have NOD with Shelton, Kofi, Mark Henry, Big Vic and have Simmons come out with them and say something meaningful when he gets the mic... "DAMN".

God, I'm thinking ahead...I know it aint going to happen but people can dream.

Awesome for D-Lo! He really deserves it.

I agree...I'm going to be marking out when he comes out there and does that head thing he does. Good worker and I look forward to seeing him. Plus I remember reading how devastated and guilty he felt after the droz accident...felt bad for him since he supposedly took it so hard so it's good to see him get another chance.

Very excited for D'Lo. I'm glad that I'll at least have a chance to see him on regular TV again soon. I really enjoyed his stuff in All Japan and his stint in NOAH as well. Whoever said he didn't hit his peak until after he'd left WWE, they were right on the money with that one.

Whoever said he didn't hit his peak until after he'd left WWE, they were right on the money with that one.

Too bad he'll be forced to tone it down and do comedy.

WWE has a new "hire black people" policy (credit WON) So this is a token gesture, not a sign of a push to come

I guess he'll be jobbing to Kozlov then. :rolleyes:

WWE has a new "hire black people" policy (credit WON) So this is a token gesture, not a sign of a push to come

That was the first thing I thought of when I heard they signed him. Seriously, at 35, what is Vince gonna do but have him play JTTS just like the Val Venises and the Stevie Richardseses?

Ahhh man, I LOVE D-Lo.

I'll probably watch for a few weeks with him on it. Then they will bury him, so I'll turn it off. Just like Jericho allll over again.

Jericho hasn't been buried at all since coming back.

And really guys, it's D-Lo Brown

Ahhh man, I LOVE D-Lo.

I'll probably watch for a few weeks with him on it. Then they will bury him, so I'll turn it off. Just like Jericho allll over again.

Jericho hasn't been buried at all since coming back.

And really guys, it's D-Lo Brown

And D-Lo fucking rules. I didn't even give a shit about the guy until he left the WWE. I thought he just had some funny mannerisms. But the dude is fucking good.

I think he got the best frog splash out of the group of fuckin people that does frogslpash.

He's a very good worker and it's sad to think that the WWE will use him in dark matches and no real storyline. That's what I feel is going to happen.

He's a great worker, and giving his credentials in the WWE, I hope they use him right.

I hope he is a SD! talent, becauser atleast there he will be given more of a chance to shine.

D'Lo Brown is who Shelton Benjamin wishes he was....

Wait... what do Shelton and D'Lo have in common outside of the whole black thing? Hey... remember when Marvin said Kofi Kingston shouldn't go to ECW because they already had Burke and Shelton? That was funny.

Very good news, I agree with D'lo getting even better after he left WWE. I watched a few of his NOAH and All-Japan tags from the past few years and they were great. Hell, it's even weirder how much better Bull Buchanan's gotten since leaving the WWE.

D'lo was really good and was over as a mofo during his TNA run, too.

And Tekcop, I've brought up how people always want a new NOD with all the black wrestlers, or putting black dudes together in a program together, as a fued or a tagteam before.

It's a bad habit amongst the companies/fans to automatically lump the black dudes together.

Great news, I loved D-Lo Brown and always hated how he was treated in the end by WWE. I was actually going to ask just what happened to his career, but then someone mentioned the Droz incident...and it all came back.

D-Lo Brown is coming back to WWE to turn Mark Henry good again. :P

Very good news, I agree with D'lo getting even better after he left WWE. I watched a few of his NOAH and All-Japan tags from the past few years and they were great. Hell, it's even weirder how much better Bull Buchanan's gotten since leaving the WWE.

I always thought it was obvious how good Bull buchanan really was when he was in the WWE. You know that WWE style doesn't exactly allow for alot of talent to shine through sometimes.

Fucking GREAT to hear D-Lo has resigned with the company. I have a question concerning the chest protector gimmick/angle. Was he legit injured by Dan Severn in that match, thus forcing him to wear it or was it just a gimmick and nothing more? I always thought it was funny that it was OK for him to wear it, and even use it in a match, but if someone else took it and used it, (Val Venis getting DQ'ed at Summer Slam for giving Brown the Money Shot while wearing it) they would get DQ'ed. Can't wait for D-Lo to get back in the ring!

Actually, Val was DQ'd for knocking down the referee. They were arguing because Val took the chest protector off D'Lo and started to climbed the turnbuckles with it.

People who say "it's just D-Lo Brown" obviously are not familiar with his work beyond the Attitude era...

I'm unfamiliar with his non-Attitude work, and I'm fuckin thrilled to hear this. (Though I vaguely remember LoDown with Tiger Ali Singh).

The fuckin look on his face when he won his first European title "I'M THE CHAMPION OF EUROPE!...I'M THE EUROPEAN CHAMPION!" and that fucking chest protector. Being introduced from Stockholm, and Belfast, and Budapest, and Vienna - this is awesome news.