TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Best victory celebrations

What are some of your favorite post-match victory celebrations in wrestling? Whether a wrestler won a fued blow-off, a championship, or a hard fought victory?

For me, HBK winning the iron man at WM12, when he gets down on his knees and stares at the WWF title for a good few seconds looking like he didn't believe he won it.

Randy Savage winning the title at WM8, when he embraces Elizabeth in the ring with the title, truly a great moment.

Kurt Angle winning the WWE title at No Mercy 2000, when he drops to his knees at the entranceway and starts crying, the reign may have sucked but I always chuckle at his emotion.

Bret Hart winning the strap at WM10, all the wrestler gathering into the ring and hoisted him into the air, after he was defeated by his brother earlier in the night only to come back and win the title.

I'll add more later, need to think of good ones involving the mid-card.

First one that comes to mind is Eddie Guerrero's World Title win at No Way Out 04. I love seeing him run outside and just dive into the front row and then slowly make his way back over the rail with a huge smile on his face.

I always liked Luger's celebration after he beat Hogan for the belt on Nitro. There's a moment there where he accidentally hits the Giant with an uppercut that just had me dying when I was little.

As an HBK mark, I gotta go with the Mania 12 win.

Warrior's after beating Hogan is another one of my favorites, and I guess you could toss Warrior's return at WM 8 in there too.

Bret Hart celebrating with Stu and Helen after beating Mr. Perfect for the I-C Belt was always pretty memorable for me, since that was the first PPV I ever ordered.

The pretty much any one of Austin's post-match celebration from 98-99...particularly ones I got to see live. The beer-bash stuff was especially fun to watch when he first started doing it, and there was this one show I went to where he must have Stunned The Rock about 5 or 6 times while posing for the crowd.

Christian's first title win in TNA.

Mankind winning the title on RAW.

Benoit and Eddie celebrating together when Benoit won the belt at Mania.

Thank you. Perhaps the memory has been tainted, but for the longest time I touted this as my favorite moment in wrestling:

eddie_guerrero.jpg

This was pretty awesome, too:

ss92.jpg

Also, Flair's post-match stuff from Starrcade 93 with his family, Ricky Steamboat and others was really great as well.

Bret Hart mentions in his book that he kept trying to get Davey to look at him to do the post-match embrace, but he was too overwhelmed with the crowd, causing Hart to just shake his hand instead.

I remember when they played that clip on tv after he won that, and as a kid, that shit was the coolest win I'd seen in wrestling to that point.

Ron Simmons was the fuckin' man back in the day.

My favorite of all-time is probably Bret Hart winning the WWF Championship from Yokozuna at Wrestlemania X. I loved how practically the whole roster came out to celebrate with him. That was so cool.

Honorable mentions:

Kurt Angle's WWF Championship win at Unforgiven 2001

Eddie Guerrero and John Cena winning the WWE Championship (I loved how they celebrated with the front row fans)

Edge winning the WWE Championship at NYR 2006

I'll go old school for a couple of these...

Kerry Von Erich's winning the NWA World title in 1984 from Ric Flair. Seeing Von Erich celebrate with his family was a touching moment, especially after the tragedy that befell brother David.

Jerry Lawler's winning the AWA World title in 1988..."The King" is almost in tears and then gets hoisted on the shoulders of guys the like of Jeff Jarrett and Superstar Bill Dundee.

Plus both of these are in the respective winners' hometown...added much more to the whole thing.

- Bret winning the IC title at Summerslam 91. I loved how he went to the crowd and his parents were congratulating him like he was a little kid.

- Bret at WM X.

- Eddie at NWO 2004, such a feel good moment.

- Benoit and Eddie at WM XX. I was so glad to finally seeing two of the best ever at the top of the wrestling world.

- James Gibson winning the ROH title at Redemption. Epic match and celebration.

- Benoit and Eddie together at the end of WrestleMania XX is still one of my favorite moments. As a fan I watched it thinking "this is why I'm a wrestling fan, for moments like this"

- Edge winning his first title is another one of those moments that I can watch 100 times over. It's good to see a guy who's busted his ass for years in the business to beat the "unbeatable" John Cena to everyone's delight

-Sting at the GAB 1990 I always thought was really cool.

-While it was not a celebration Bret Hart's speech about how the littlest dreams can still come true after he won his first WWF Title was great.