TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

News You Can (barely) Use

Apparently, Rycklon Stephens, who is being called up to be Kendrick's bodyguard is going to use the name Ezekiel. Damn shame, because Rycklon is a cooler name. (Don't get me wrong, Ezekiel is cool but it's cliché)

A big black dude with an Amish name is cliche.

Sadly, when I see the name "Ezekiel"...I think of Ezekiel Rage from "The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest".

Yes, I'm pathetic. :P

Apparently, Rycklon Stephens, who is being called up to be Kendrick's bodyguard is going to use the name Ezekiel. Damn shame, because Rycklon is a cooler name. (Don't get me wrong, Ezekiel is cool but it's cliché)

Sadly, when I see the name "Ezekiel"...I think of Ezekiel Rage from "The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest".

I actually thought of Samuel L Jackson first. AND I SHALL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE etc etc.

I actually thought of Samuel L Jackson first. AND I SHALL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE etc etc.

Hey, now that would be a great gimmick for him and Kendrick to have

Looks like Miz and Morrison will finally drop the belts, which sucks. Hopefully Jesse and Festus win them.

I think Ryder&Hawkins will get them, Chavo winning the US title and Edge retaining, leading to La Familia holding all the titles on SD!.

Looks like Miz and Morrison will finally drop the belts, which sucks. Hopefully Jesse and Festus win them.

I think Ryder&Hawkins will get them, Chavo winning the US title and Edge retaining, leading to La Familia holding all the titles on SD!.

How can Edge retain when he's not the champion? And yeah, Hawkins and Ryder probably will win, but I want Jesse and Festus to win.

Maybe the creative team member who re-named Rycklon was a Detroit Piston Bad Boy era fan and wanted to call him Zeke.

Did NoC draw a monster buyrate? What's with all the titles being defended again? It must suck to be guys like Hardcore Holly & MVP who hold titles for months at a time without sniffing a PPV and then as soon as they lose them the company starts giving every title on PPV.

Holly has been employed by the same company for 10+ years. It doesn't suck to be him.

But you would be Bob Holly and a miserable middle aged man.

How can Edge retain when he's not the champion? And yeah, Hawkins and Ryder probably will win, but I want Jesse and Festus to win.

My mistake. Of course I meant Edge winning the title, you got my point.

Hope this leads to a Morrison singles run, I think he's improved loads over the years and could be a major star for WWE in a few years time - if he stays 'clean'.

Lance Storm comments on Braden "Chris Harris" Walker (taken from gerweck.net):

"Speaking of huge wastes, quite the debut for Braden Walker. I don't know Chris Harris but anyone who shows up for their WWE debut in the worst shape of their career, deserves to be fired. Wellness policy aside, I don't believe the treadmill is on the banned substance list!"

Storm is right. Nothing against Harris, I loved his First Blood(?) match with Storm and all, but he's in no shape at all. Wonder if it was Vince's idea to "show" that TNA talent ain't athletic at all by debuting him at that moment.

I'm still trying to look for Dudleyville on the map...

JR once said on PPV that Dudleyville is just North of Parts Unknown.

I do concur with the notion that WWE has title matches on way too many PPVs. Let's face it, not every belt needs to be defended on every PPV. How about one month you have the World title on Raw defended as the main event while the SD champ works a tag match on the undercard? Then do it vice versa the next month. WWE simply burns through feuds instead of pacing themselves a bit.

Scroby, was it AAA on Galavision? I hate Lashley's ring work, but I'd like to see him in AAA justfor the novelty factor. There are maybe 2 guys in the promotion who are even close to his size.

Yeah it is. Lashley's also heel.

I do concur with the notion that WWE has title matches on way too many PPVs. Let's face it, not every belt needs to be defended on every PPV. How about one month you have the World title on Raw defended as the main event while the SD champ works a tag match on the undercard? Then do it vice versa the next month. WWE simply burns through feuds instead of pacing themselves a bit.

Are you serious? What do you think sells Pay-Per-Views? Title matches. No one buys a ppv for a undercard match, people buy PPV's for the main events. There's also those who will buy a ppv if they like the card but a PPV's main selling point is the title matches. And sticking another world champion (like the SD champ in your example) in some undercard tag match would be like ordering a Raw or a Smackdown on pay per view and no one is going to spend 40 bucks on that.

I liked the original idea of the draft where the World Champion traveled from show to show, and I think the tag champions did as well.

Guest Public Account 3

I moved the Lashley conversation to Random Thoughts.

Is it really that hard to decide what's a random thought, and what's news you can barely use? It was laid out already.

A few more and I'm going to close this. We are not having two comments that don't warrant a thread threads in here.

My apologies, I wasn't exactly sure where to put the Lashley thing. On one hand I thought it was news on the other hand it was also a comment that didn't warrent a thread, I just wasn't sure where to put it so I put it in the news section, I kinda weighed more on the thought it was news than a comment. So my apologies for the mix up.