TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

Burn Notice (any fans?)

great show that i picked up on last summer...starting season 2 on july 10th..id never really seen jeffrey donovan in anything before, but hes amazing in this...really nails the role and makes it seem believable...

I have talked about this show, Monk, and Psych a lot on here. I started watching In Plain Sight as well. I love USA's shows.

thats one of tghe best parts about burn notice....its not the kind of show thats difficult for you to get into if you miss an episode or something...really easy to pcik up back or get swept in.

plus now all of season 1s episodes are available on the usa site.

Bruce campbell is definitely a big part of this show, however I think the bessstt part is gabrielle anwar..fiona is effin hot man...the hotness factor is enough reason alone to watch the show...plus with tricia helfer (of bsg fame) guest starring in season 2...mmmm...yup thats definitely the best past of the show.

Pretty much the same deal for me as some others; love the show, but tend to forget about it.

Another reason to stay tuned this year...a host of guest stars. For those in hiphop (me included) Method Man (decent actor in his own right) is making a guest appearance in at least one episode this season of burn notice.

Also let this serve as a reminder to those of you who tend to forget about it...tomorrow nights the night..no excuses.

Another reason to stay tuned this year...a host of guest stars. For those in hiphop (me included) Method Man (decent actor in his own right) is making a guest appearance in at least one episode this season of burn notice.

Also let this serve as a reminder to those of you who tend to forget about it...tomorrow nights the night..no excuses.

Add in new important starts Michael Shanks of Stargate fame and Tricia Helfer apparently will have a big part now. That's too quality actors to add to this mix. I hope Shanks has a cool character and lasts awhile, the show needs a villain with a brain.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'm a big fan. I'm rewatching the first season right now. Finding out Michael Shanks is going to be on it is just icing on the cake. Bruce Campbell and Shanks are two of my favorite actors.

I thought it was excellent...

Loved the opening sequence with michael on the phone with "carla" and the pointing of the gun around while trying to assess the situation and figure out whats next...really nails the show in a nutshell...The australian accent was pretty hilarious too...and fiona shooting him between the legs when he had to fake out the mercenaries...

Always appreciate the spy info monologue...and the scenes with sam and fiona produced the wonderful "ovaries" quote...I'd be willing to bet bruce campbell improvised that line on the spot...hes great like that.

another one on tonight...ill be there...

What did you think of the second episode...i always think michaels interections with his mom are hilarious (partly because its semi reminiscent)...and this was no exception...the scene in the office where hes noticing the "similarities" between his mom and the shrink were funny...got some more kick ass action scenes this week too...liked the whole breaking the glass thing with the stool...the scenes with carla are great...you can really feel the tension...

Carla's a fuckin' bitch...can't want to see her get her comeuppance. At first, I looked at Michael as being somewhat of a prick, but I can understand why he would be at times. I liked the scene when the Latin/Cuban guy (can't remember his name) was sitting in the questioning room when all of a sudden, the undercover cop/agent lady comes walking in (can't remember her fuckin' name either).

yeah...i think the writers want you to dislike carla (but just like when fiona does stuff to piss people off its hard to notice because they are both so hot), and that works well with michael being the protagonist...he has an edge to him, but i think thats a by product of being a spy for so long...hard to not go crazy doing that kind of stuff..

the scene where the da agent finally broke cover...the look on the guys face was priceless...he was completely screwed at that point. Did you see ep. 3?

Watched this from the first episode, and it just gets better and better. I have yet to dislike an episode so far. It's very well written and the acting is top notch. So far season 3 has been great.

Good to see nate back in the last episode...i didnt have the sames problems with him that others seemed to have...the fight scene with michael in the container was hilarious...really held his own. How many more episodes are left for the carla arc?

yeah took me a little while to remember, but he was definitely well made for this show...seems like hes gonna piss michael off even more than carla does...

Any episode where fi wears a mini skirt is always worthwhile...not sure what the sniper rifle is about, can't imagine who would be in miami to assassinate..hopefully it will be addressed quickly in the next ep..

i have not taken a look at this show yet sadly. I've heard good things about it though. The girlfriend has gotten me hooked on In Plain Sight though. Now that show I'm totally lovin.

Yeah, I really like that show as well. Between those 2 shows plus Law & Order: CI and RAW, I'm pretty much locked in on the USA network.

The stand-off at the chess board was awesome for so many reasons. And wow, Victor is going to be a major league pain in the ass. I wonder if he'll actually get to kill anyone before this is all said and done though.

That sniper rifle could be for anything but it could just always be the rifle that was used to gun down the guy in season one, you know the dude from West Wing. That reminds me, this show is getting constant killer guest stars who don't even get like a big "SPECIAL GUEST STAR" deal. I really like that.