TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

Fortunately for Derby, it's very hard to be a bigger laughingstock than the last time.

Hey, just you wait until next season.

Both Hull AND Stoke have a chance of beating our record. Hoping they dont take 3 points each from each other though. Next season is going to be a good one though, we've signed something like 12 players already.

Chris.. if this started all over again and you had to pick your striker first, is it Milburn or Shearer?

Bah you had to ask, however, since I'm of this generation and seen Shearer play, I'll go with Shearer. Though what I've seen (limited) and read about Jackie Milburn he seems like the greatest Gentlemen and Footballer to have ever played for Newcastle. Shearer however is a bit of a grumpy git at times, seen him ignore kids before when they've seen him out and about - but I guess it must be hard/annoying to be 'bugged' all the time.

Both Hull AND Stoke have a chance of beating our record. Hoping they dont take 3 points each from each other though. Next season is going to be a good one though, we've signed something like 12 players already.

With all the money going to Premier League clubs season after season, that gap gets wider, and wider, and wider.

Before long no promoted teams will stick, if this doesn't stop. I think Hull probably will finish worse than Derby did last year. Stoke, I don't know.

I don't like Derby because Jewell didn't play my boy Feilhaber. Just to be honest. Probably their most talented midfield player and they didn't play him much at all.

Fair point, for example Sunderland had to pump in £40m just to beat relegation by a few points. That's a lot of money to have to call upon to step up.

Mariel (Mia) Margaret Hamm-By Far and away the Best Women's Player ever. Im sure she could even hang with some of the

Men.

Well she's more of a man than Landon Donovan will ever be.

Sorry about the delay gents, I was gone all day.

With my next pick, I am selecting:

Rivelino

I am thinking I will play him at Side Mid-Fielder.

With all the money going to Premier League clubs season after season, that gap gets wider, and wider, and wider.

Before long no promoted teams will stick, if this doesn't stop. I think Hull probably will finish worse than Derby did last year. Stoke, I don't know.

I don't like Derby because Jewell didn't play my boy Feilhaber. Just to be honest. Probably their most talented midfield player and they didn't play him much at all.

Well, Savage plays the same position and is captain, but you're right Feilhaber (who I rate highly) should have made it into the side, but ex Manchester United midfielder David Jones and current 'sensation' Giles Barnes both beat him to it. Feilhaber's still young (23?) - He'll make it somewhere else over here.

While i'm talking to you - you're up 909.

Seeing the Wrestling Roster Draft doing similar, would it be worth doing a round where we draft a home stadium for our fictional team?

I don't see why not, we've got a coach round and a stadium round.

Since nobody has drafted a coach yet, shall we leave everybody's coach/manager choice for the same round, just to be fair?

Goalkeeper

10 outfielder players

5 subs including one keeper

Coach/Manager

Stadium

So that makes 18 rounds.

That sounds good.

I think they're waiting to see if Feilhaber gets brought into our Olympic squad, and then, if he plays well, the offers reach a level that exceeds what they paid for him in the first place. I know Derby got an offer from Maccabi Tel-Aviv in the winter, but Derby rejected it because the money wasn't enough.

Anyway, Frank de Boer started his career at left back. So that's my guy. I planned on taking my coach next round, but if that's what you wanna do...

I'm 99.9% sure he won't be at Derby next season, we're having a total squad overhaul after last season.

It's about three weeks and three days until the season starts anyway, the transfer window shuts on August 31.

Anyway, enough about that.

Good pick with De Boer.

Amazing what you can do on an ipod these days. I think I need a CB, and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head. He may be a fat fucking poof, but I'll go with Sol Campbell.

TheFranchise internet has gone down so he won't be able to update the main page.

his pick is David Seaman

he has choose him has his no 2 goalkeeper, the england and arsenal no 1 keeper.

On behalf of King Cucaracha

Marcel_Desailly.jpg

Marcel Desailly

Desailly is considered one of the most accomplished players of the game and one of the best players of the past two decades, having won virtually every major team award.

my last two picks of the first eleven are both wingers.

first pick is :

Arjen Robben

the reason i have pick him, he's quick and good with both feet and i think he could make a lot of assist and chip in with a few goals also.

second pick is

marc overmars

another winger with an massive amount of pace to burn and would play on the right side. he can take players on and cause trouble for the full backs.

Geoff Hurst

The man that single handedly won the World Cup for England is Pele's strike partner, or if I go with one man up front, the reserve striker.

Quite surprised he hasn't gone yet to be honest..

GeoffHurst_1966goal_L.jpg

That was a beautiful goal he got in the Euro's.

Not bad for a right-footed left back, besides I just couldn't think of anyone else at the moment. I blame the weed.