TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

Well someone has to play up front to convert all the chances generated by the midfield, so it's about time I took a striker. So why not snag someone who averaged just around 25 goals a season over his 17 year career.

shearer_alan_nufc_profile_2005.jpg

Alan Shearer

Well someone has to play up front to convert all the chances generated by the midfield, so it's about time I took a striker. So why not snag someone who averaged just around 25 goals a season over his 17 year career.

shearer_alan_nufc_profile_2005.jpg

Alan Shearer

You twat bags, I was hoping people wouldn't want him and I could pick him up - he was next on my list. What other Geordie Faithful can I go for...

I had a feeling that was coming from you, there was another player associated with Newcastle who I was thinking could go up front. But I think he's a bit of a twat, and wouldn't dare make the selection.

Edit: I don't feel like bumping the FM thread from a few months ago, but anyone that's still playing, would you want to test out a tactic I've been using? I sometimes don't even believe the success I've been getting from it and would love to see how it works for others.

Seeing as he changed the pick, I'll go with...

barnes.jpg

John Barnes. He'll play in left midfield of course. We will score lots of goals.

I need to start building an attack, so here's a man who could play in attacking midfield or as a striker (plus at sweeper). World Footballer of the Year twice and one of the best players I saw growing up in the 80s and 90s.

ruud2.jpg

Ruud Gullit

now for defense..

The First Modern American player to play in the Italian Serie A league. One of the best defenders in American Soccer(Football)

history.

He may look like this now..

Alexis_lalas.jpg

But this bad ass suits up for my squad..

lalas_portrait.jpg

Alexi Lalas

Time to sow my defense up this round...

Zambrotta

If there's one thing the Italians know... its how to bribe the refs... and defend

zambrotta_gianluca2.jpg

Right back, Right Wing? It doesn't matter, Zambrotta will play them both. Amazing pace, great passing abilities, its like having a second winger on the field when he over laps. Won the World Cup and numerous league titles over his career, he's destined to go down as an all time Italian Great.

and for my 2nd pick

Carles Puyol

The only player, other then Banks, to not have played in Black & White so far...

Carles_Puyol_salta_conseguir_gol_Stuttgart.jpg

4411-2.jpg

With my 5th pick, my team selects:

post-2806-1214843692_thumb.jpg

Gennaro Gattuso/MF

I wanted a mid-fielder who could help out on defense as well.

I'm going to take an out and out goalscorer and perhaps Scotland's greatest ever player.

law.jpg

At his peak this man scored 45 league goals in a single season for Manchester United.

Denis Law

Hate to take a Manc, but this one is top quality. Dutch legend, just like Van Basten.

Jaap Stam.

286466_mediumsquare.jpg

Tough SOB, this one.

Fuck, there go two more legitimate selections with United I could have made without making it look like I was only targeting one club.