TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Alternate movie draft

I think it would just go Coffin Surfer to Milky twice, and then start over with Milky again and then continue in Serpentine after that since we had two rounds forward.

Ok, we're doing this then. I trust you.

This false start makes it difficult to tell who... Well, we've had two full rounds of Milky to Coffin Surfer, so now begins two full rounds of Coffin Surfer to Milky. So I guess, next choice is to Coffin Surfer, and the last choice was made by... Coffin Surfer. Since Detox was taking a lost pick... GAH!

This was why I didn't want to run this, but hopefully it'll pan out in the end.

In any case, we have two rounds of Coffin Surfer to Milky ahead of us.

This false start makes it difficult to tell who... Well, we've had two full rounds of Milky to Coffin Surfer, so now begins two full rounds of Coffin Surfer to Milky. So I guess, next choice is to Coffin Surfer, and the last choice was made by... Coffin Surfer. Since Detox was taking a lost pick... GAH!

This was why I didn't want to run this, but hopefully it'll pan out in the end.

In any case, we have two rounds of Coffin Surfer to Milky ahead of us.

If I wasn't supposed to pick I apologize, I will check back and make sure I stay with the rules.

young_guns_poster.jpg

Young Guns

Don't care if this movie wouldn't have gone till much later...I won't miss it. Favorite movie ever and I can quote the hell out of it while watching

... I'm glad I went with logic. I just hope I get another crack at what I almost went with.

TheIncredibles_poster.jpg

The Incredibles - 2004 - Brad Bird

Simply put, it's probably Pixar's best film, though, choosing between Pixar films is like choosing between flavors of chocolate. The ripe characterization is a norm for the company, as well as jaw-dropping visuals. What seperates and makes this film Incredible, to use a bad pun, is both the action, which is as good as any superhero film I've ever seen, and the joy that the movie brings. When Dash runs across water, you're laughing, cheering, and ready for more...

lethal-weapon.jpg

Lethal Weapon (Richard Donner, 1987)

- My favorite movie since I was a kid. It would've probably never been selected but I can't risk losing the movie I have rewatched more than any other. Plus the best buddy cop movie and one of the best action movies ever made.

Looks like gWIL missed his pick, so I'll move forward.

back_to_the_future-poster-artwork.jpg

Back to the Future, Zemeckis, 1985

I won't take the chance of losing this in a later round. Awesome quotes throughout, just a great movie, easily ranking in my top 5.

"There's that word again... Heavy. Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there something wrong with the Earth's gravitational pull?"

"1.21 GIGAWATTS!"

"Who's the President in 1985?"

"Ronald Reagan..."

"THE ACTOR!?"

With my 3rd Round pick, I select:

post-2806-1215036924_thumb.jpg

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy/2004/McKay

Maybe not the best comedy of all-time and somewhat over-played recently, but on my island, it would be a must-have.

For my 3rd pick, I'm going to go with something that I know I could easily take later in the draft, but it's one of my all-time favorites and a definite must-have, so I'm not going to risk it...

SleepawayCampposter.jpg

Sleepaway Camp, 1983

Some of you have heard of it, some of you haven't. When it first came out it got tossed into the mix of "another horror movie at camp=Friday The 13th ripoff", but it's so much more than that. The acting is what you'd expect from an early 80's horror effort, but this movie has the perfect creepy overtones to it throughout the whole movie (from the cast/victims being much younger than usual horror movie fare, not to mention thinks like the cook or the girl counselors infatuation with the old camp owner) that set you up for the big twist at the end. If you've seen it, you've never forgotten it, and if you haven't seen it, I strongly recommned that you do. Excellent movie.

One_Flew_Over_The_Cuckoos_Nest.jpg

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Man, I'm going with really upbeat movies on my list, aren't I. But yeah, this is another one of my definite all-time favorites, one of the first movies to really grab me as a true contender as being my all-time favorite. Plus I need some Jack Nicholson on my island, how can I not have Jack Nicholson?

kiss_kiss_bang_bang.jpg

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

One of the more underrated comedies. Downey Jr. and Kilmer are brilliant.

Perry: My $2000 ceramic Vektor my mother got me as a special gift. You threw in the lake next to the car. What happens when they drag the lake? You think they'll find my pistol. Jesus. Look up "idiot" in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?

Harry: A picture of me?

Perry: No! The definition of the word idiot, which you fucking are!

InstinctDVD.jpg

3. Instinct / Turteltaub / 1999

I doubt anyone would pick this, but dammit it has to be on my island. Some very powerful scenes throughout and based on one of my favorite novels of all time (Ishmael by Daniel Quinn). "What did I take from you? What have you lost?!"

Oh yes.

there-will-be-blood-poster.jpg

There Will Be Blood - Anderson, 2007

As called, this is my third choice. When I first saw this movie, it was sort of hovering around the same area as No Country For Old Men as my favorite movie of the year, but with the passage of time this has far surpassed No Country for favorite of the year, and is now well into my favorites of all time. Daniel Plainview is one of the absolute greatest characters/performances I've ever seen. I watch this regularly, and see reflections of myself in it.