TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/18

No wedding. The show was instead the wedding reception.

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder b Fit Finlay & Hornswoggle with Edge as referee spearing Finlay so Ryder pinned him

Edge & Vickie are doing the first dance when Big Show comes out. Vickie then orders a handicap match with Khali, Kozlov, Benjamin and MVP against Show

Show NC Khali & Kozlov & Benjamin and MVP

It was time to throw the bouquet. Cherry caught the bouquet.

Brian Kendrick b Jimmy Wang Yang with Rycklon as Kendrick's bodyguard second

Umaga b Mr. Kennedy with the Samoan Spike

Morrison & Miz b Jesse & Festus

Matt Hardy NC Jeff Hardy ordered after the Hardys put Chavo's face in the cake and Vickie ordered them to fight each other. La Familia beat down both

Show ended with Edge and Vickie until HHH comes out and he's got the goods. Edge has been putting the moves on Matt Hardy's girlfriend. No, actually on Victoria Crawford (the wedding planner woman). And Vickie blows up.

No Ric on the show, but he was there.

-----

Would like to find out more details on the show before I would dismiss it as a dissapointment, but it certainly doesn't sound that great. So Edge and Vicki are probably done now or what? Vicki as a face sounds horrible.

This is too easy for booking... which makes me suspicious of it all.

Still am going with the La Familia ruse on The H's. I had a thought earlier that Edge and Vickie would plant a tape showing Edge in the shower with Victoria...

And then after screwing The H's out of the belt at the GAB, you see the 'director's cut' of the tape that shows Vickie getting into the shower with them both. That would probably make Edge to be too awesome though.

I'm guessing this is the leadup to the inevitable taker return where vickie brings him back to teach edge a lesson. Personally, while I can't wait for taker to return, I would prefer if vickie and edge stick together for awhile longer. Vickie gets amazing heel heat and I can't see her really having much of a future in the company as a face.

This is too easy for booking... which makes me suspicious of it all.

Still am going with the La Familia ruse on The H's. I had a thought earlier that Edge and Vickie would plant a tape showing Edge in the shower with Victoria...

And then after screwing The H's out of the belt at the GAB, you see the 'director's cut' of the tape that shows Vickie getting into the shower with them both. That would probably make Edge to be too awesome though.

HHH is the cerebral assassin, he's not going to get outsmarted. If anything HHH would have seen through all the layers of the ruse and planned for and countered it. I expect there was no pre-nup signed and in wwe-land that will mean Edge will get half the GM duties when they eventually divorce.

Wow, this show doesn't sound very good at all. Half of these matches made me think WTF? The Edge/Victoria Crawford stuff was pretty obvious, and I bet its pretty funny to see on TV, but I also agree with other people: How can Vickie turn face? I know in storyline it makes sense, since Edge has basically been using her all along so he can have more power, but Vickie draws too much heel heat, and is too annoying to be a face. I'm glad to see Kennedy being buried though, since I have never understood why the guy has such a following.

This can't be just the end of it. Keep in mind that the whole Edge/Crawford tape might have been filmed during the time when Edge was pissed at Vicki and had called the wedding off. If Edge was smooth at all he would simply go that route and get Vicki back on his side.

Keeping the belt on HHH is a bit pointless since he's doing very little with it right now and Edge seems clearly like the star of SD at the moment.

This angle is flat out carrying the show though. Just take a look at that midcard action on SD. There isn't anyone who is standing out, no one is doing much, etc. I think they got too many guys from Raw in the draft that either have lost steam to the point they aren't worth pushing (Umaga), guys who have failed with pushes (Kennedy), or guys they don't feel confident in pushing right now (Jeff). That said, I don't know what is going on with MVP.

More detailed spoilers from 411mania.com:

Credit: Rajah.com

Dark Match:

* Ron Killings b. Domino

Ron Killings gets the win via pinfall after a reverse suplex.

WWE SmackDown: (Airing This Friday)

* SmackDown opens showing clips of Edge & Vickie's wedding earlier today. Tonight will be the reception. Chavo comes out for a toast. Edge calls for action. Finlay and Hornswoggle come out.

* Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder b. Finlay & Hornswoggle

Edge is the guest referee in this match. He interferes by spearing Finlay allowing Ryder to get the pin for the win.

* Edge & Vickie have their first dance. It is interrupted by Big Show who comes out to steal a dance. This leads to Big Show vs. MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Vladimir Kozlov, and The Great Khali in a 4 on 1 match.

* Big Show vs. MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Vladimir Kozlov, and The Great Khali in a 4 on 1 match

Big Show dominates early on. Everyone jumps in and attacks. The match ends in No Contest.

* Vickie Guerrero is in the ring to throw the bouquet. I'm told she is drawing so much heat you can hardly hear what she is saying. Several of the divas come out in gowns. Michelle McCool attacks Natalya. Cherry catches the bouquet and wins a match against Vickie.

* Natalya b. Cherry

Natalya dominated the entire match and got the win with the sharpshooter. Vickie then comes in the ring and simply pins Cherry to win her match against her.

* Brian Kendrick b. Jimmy Wang Yang

Kendrick came out with an all new look and was accompanied with a big black body guard. He got the win via pinfall.

* Umaga b. Kennedy

Umaga got the win with a Samoan spike after blocking Kennedy's Mic Check. I'm told by both correspondents this was the most boring match of the evening.

* Edge is shown in the new Slim Jim commercial.

* WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz b. Jesse & Festus

The Miz got the win with Reality Check on Jesse.

* Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy

This match is ordered by Vickie Guerrero. Before the match they throw the wedding cake in Chavo's face. The match ends in no contest when La Familia come out and interfere.

* The Cutting Edge is up next. Edge tells Vickie how much he loves her while a video clip is shown of them all over each other. Triple H makes his way out to ringside with a gift. Triple H shows a video of Edge putting the moves on the wedding planner. Vickie snaps and the show goes off the air.

* A Ric Flair video clip is shown and the crowd goes crazy. Flair comes out and delivers an emotional speech.

Dark Main Event:

* Triple H b. Edge

Vickie comes into the ring and spears Edge. Triple H gets the pin for the win.

So why is Cherry still employed? Is it just me, or is she completely useless?

Since when has the T & A Staff(aka Divas) been useful?

For what it's worth, Cherry actually looks pretty good compared to the average disposable WWE skank. Especially when you factor in her age.

They need to pull an angle where Cherry gets the Sandy Olsson "Grease" makeover. "Tell me about it, stud..."

That'd be freaking awesome.

I think it's time to do something more with Jesse and Festus. They have established that Festus is a moron whose instincts are triggered by the bell, we get it. So let's do something else with it. Let's have Jesse attempt to get Festus over this hangup, take him to a shrink, anything besides the status quo they are doing now.

Anyone else think Edge wins at the PPV anyway, with Vicki helping him out? As I mentioned, they can always simply say "Hey, I thought we were broken up so I hit on the wedding planner chick out of desperation. Now we're back together and married and it won't happen again."

I think it's time to do something more with Jesse and Festus. They have established that Festus is a moron whose instincts are triggered by the bell, we get it. So let's do something else with it. Let's have Jesse attempt to get Festus over this hangup, take him to a shrink, anything besides the status quo they are doing now.

Anyone else think Edge wins at the PPV anyway, with Vicki helping him out? As I mentioned, they can always simply say "Hey, I thought we were broken up so I hit on the wedding planner chick out of desperation. Now we're back together and married and it won't happen again."

I'm not seeing Edge get the title from HHH this soon, maybe in due time, but not yet. Vicki may very well flip flop on her feelings for Edge for awhile though, since they are, well, married after all.

My guess is she might try to help Edge win, but it backfires, and HHH wins. After the match, in subsequent weeks, Edge of course blames Vicki's botched intereference in costing him the match, which then will lead to Vicki bringing back Taker for another match with Edge at SummerSlam.

Whatever the case though, I just can't see Vicki as a suitable babyface and after being annoyed with her character for so long, I'm actually enjoying her heel work the past month.

I'm relatively certain they did this already, they said Jesse had taken Festus away to get help one week, then they promised he'd reveal the new and improved Festus the week after, then he was brought out with a paper bag on his head with the payoff being he was exactly the same. And that was it, it wasn't mentioned again.

Or did I just imagine that?

No, you didn't imagine it. That's how it went down. I'm still waiting for a heel to carry around a bell to make Festus do his bidding. Then we get the epic Festus overcomes the bell storyline.

So why is Cherry still employed? Is it just me, or is she completely useless?

Since when has the T & A Staff(aka Divas) been useful?

For what it's worth, Cherry actually looks pretty good compared to the average disposable WWE skank. Especially when you factor in her age.

She desperately needs a new outfit though. The one she wears makes her look much fatter than she actually is.

lol at vickie spearing edge..wish we could see that. I have to give her credit she has taken the ball they gave her and ran with it for the TD. I can't imagine they ever believed she would be as big of a heat magnet as she has become when they first decided to bring her in.

Hawkins and Ryder are pulling off the only possible angle payoff to the Festus gimmick. After which they need to get rid of the bell ringing gimmick and go in another direction. Take it in the direction of George and Lennie, which quite obviously Jesse and Festus are based off of anyways.

I have to give her credit she has taken the ball they gave her and ran with it for the TD. I can't imagine they ever believed she would be as big of a heat magnet as she has become when they first decided to bring her in.

I have to admit, Vickie has been way better than I ever thought she would be. Last year when I heard that she was going to become the GM of Smackdown, I cringed. She then turned out to be a pretty good heel, but I don't want to see her forever. Her character is going to eventually run its course, and she will have no point being on TV, and it will be bad to see WWE put her in storylines that shouldn't be happening. I think this stuff has made Vickie look pretty bad, as she basically agreed to do a degrading storyline for money, and she also agreed to go along with WWE's evil plan of still doing Eddiesploitation on TV, even years after his death.

Hawkins and Ryder are pulling off the only possible angle payoff to the Festus gimmick. After which they need to get rid of the bell ringing gimmick and go in another direction. Take it in the direction of George and Lennie, which quite obviously Jesse and Festus are based off of anyways.

Jesse is going to murder Festus?