TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JPopStarKami

Vince McMahon = Howard Hughes?

A find...the story itself isn't the main thing, but it's the wording here...

Former WWE Writer Reveals Possible New Vince Character

Vince McMahon is strategically planning his return. Last night on RAW, Shane McMahon's announcement did not further the storyline. This was done so that the plug could be pulled on the storyline if fans show no interest in the following weeks.

Vince could return to TV and say he was lucky to avoid serious injury. Another option for WWE is to have Vince remain absence and then show up on RAW unexpectedly. Former WWE writer Brian Gewrirtz pitched an idea in the past of Vince growing a scruffy beard and playing a Howard Hughes-like character.

They say he is a 'former' writer. Did he quit? Or get fired? Is this why the writing has been drastically different? Or is this just wrong?

I actually think that Howard Hughes idea would be pretty hilarious if kept as short backstage skits (and out of the Main Event scene).

I actually think that Howard Hughes idea would be pretty hilarious if kept as short backstage skits (and out of the Main Event scene).

Only if he wore tissue boxes on his feet and built a model of Brother Love out of wood... a Spruce Bruce.

Only if he wore tissue boxes on his feet and built a model of Brother Love out of wood... a Spruce Bruce.

Vince: Coach, go shake Bruce's hand.

Coach: But sir, he's made of wood.

Vince: *cocks gun* I said shake his hand.

Gold!

I was going to use wikipedia to get to the bottom of the Gewirtz situation but apparently he lacks his own entry. I've seen ONE SENTENCE ENTRIES about random nonsense, but the guy who played the waiter when Saturn, Terri, Dean, and "Sherri" went out for a zany dinner doesn't get an entry? Come now, Wikination.

Remember Dean Stockwell and his cameo as Howard Hughes in Tucker: The Man and His Dream? Anyways, I always found it odd that when he was talking to Tucker and his son in that hangar, he was manically chomping on peanuts or some other nut. Vince should come back and offer everyone some nuts with the thousand yard stare in his eyes. I think it would just be fun.

if it was kept to short segments with him just staying in the background it could be good. But it would more than likely dominate the show.

I'd rather him just have a change of heart and go back to being a face commentator. Because the only thing killing RAW for me is Michael Cole... but Cole is a damn good actor, as JR would have not been able to sell the fear of Kane quite as well.

In all honesty Cole hasn't bothered me all that much since Raw has been a solid show so I haven't had to focus on the announcing to get over dubious angles.

Didn't Vince already do a pseudo Hughes gimmick last year when Lashley beat him for the ECW belt? He acted crazy for a couple weeks.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the crazy Vince thing has sort of been done already. Honestly, they shouldn't rush this either way. They should bring him back and have it make some kind of meaningful impact on storylines, not just use him in backstage comedy bits.

if it was kept to short segments with him just staying in the background it could be good. But it would more than likely dominate the show.

I'd rather him just have a change of heart and go back to being a face commentator. Because the only thing killing RAW for me is Michael Cole... but Cole is a damn good actor, as JR would have not been able to sell the fear of Kane quite as well.

I have been waiting since the post head shaving for Vince to go loony and just show up on Raw in either his old blue sportscoat or Raw is War denim jacket and act like the last 10 years have never happened. They just open the show and there he is welcoming us to Raw and being his old self on commentary, confusing the hell out of everyone.

Yeah you know, reminding everyone of all the fun times RAW used to have and then force them to watch Cody Rhodes main event might backfire horribly.

Yeah and he could be asking things like, "Where's The Hitman?"

"What the heck happened to Shawn Michaels??!!"

<Vince>And here comes the 1-2-3 Kid, with a new look, ready for action!

<King>...that's CM Punk.