TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

The Mike Levy Incident

Thanks for the link to the vid.

If you were so worried about her having a mark on her for TV the next day, why the fuck would you have her in a death match?!?!? Fucking dumb as shit. That's why they will have no career and will be stuck in IWA forever.

That's the thought that came to mind when I finished watching it. Real professionals there. "Let's beat up the guy that did his job and fought our star in a match he was booked in." Also, great turn out there. IWA really knows how to draw.

Who knows? I've never been a fan of garbage wrestling aside from maybe Big Japan.. but that's mostly because there's some actual wrestling being done during the deathmatches and not just "lets just keep hitting eachother with objects.. tiger driver? what's that??" ;)

I like a garbage match as a feud-closer, but not for the sake of just doing it for no reason in particular. And a whole tournament? Shit must me brutal to sit through, and I don't mean in a good way either. I do enjoy IWA-MS's non-deathmatch stuff, though.

So I finally ended up watching the entire video and Ian and everyone else took that shit way to far. I understand sending him a message because he's a backyarder and really doesn't know how to sell. He didn't sell shit that entire match, but to beat him up that badly because of it is really screwed up. Mickie was just as unprofessional. Yeah he gave her a ugly headbutt, he deserved to be stiffed but shit happens. I've stiffed a few people on accident quite a few times, but I never got my ass kicked because of it. I got stiffed back and it was fine. Accidents happen in wrestling all the time, all that shit was uncalled for. The entire thing is really unprofessional and uncalled for.

Wow, that video is disgusting. I'm glad I stopped watching IWA-MS around 2006.

The most disturbing thing about this is that Ian's kid (Especially the kid asking Ian, "Dad, can I hit him".) and Rolling Hard (A guy who's battling colon cancer) participated on the beating. Plus, there were the fans that were saying "This is the greatest thing I've ever seen". The announcers commentating on it and enjoying and laughing at it also added to how disturbing it was.

Who the hell is this Devon Moore douche? Wasn't he used as a jobber in ROH a couple of times.

I'd think that Levy wasn't no-selling because he figured they would be easier on him if he went along with everything. You know, like when you have your first match and get the shit chopped out of you by the veterans, then they respect you.

You're outnumbered, in front of a hostile crowd and a locker room full of people who won't let you leave without beating the shit out of you. Just lay back and think of England until it's all over.

Levy should have stayed the hell down after the 2nd top rope curb stomp or at least laid there for a few minutes then maybe rolled out of the ring but Levy kept moving and sitting up and standing up and trying to walk away. Honestly Levy should have laid out after the 1st curbstomp and Levy should have acted dead after the 2nd curb stomp.

By the way, I'm just saying how Levy should have sold the moves, in no way at all do I ca-doan (sp?) what happen to levy at all. Every one of those people took that shit way to far.

Levy should have stayed the hell down after the 2nd top rope curb stomp or at least laid there for a few minutes then maybe rolled out of the ring but Levy kept moving and sitting up and standing up and trying to walk away. Honestly Levy should have laid out after the 1st curbstomp and Levy should have acted dead after the 2nd curb stomp.

By the way, I'm just saying how Levy should have sold the moves, in no way at all do I ca-doan (sp?) what happen to levy at all. Every one of those people took that shit way to far.

I think you're looking for 'condone'.

As far as selling goes...eh. I can see how you're supposed to play dead, but when you have a handful of guys legitimately beating the shit out of you, I can't exactly blame him for trying to get away; just seems like the instinctive thing to do.

As far as selling goes...eh. I can see how you're supposed to play dead, but when you have a handful of guys legitimately beating the shit out of you, I can't exactly blame him for trying to get away; just seems like the instinctive thing to do.

Oh I agree with you, I don't blame him either for doing that, but at the same time he does really suck at selling.

Levy didn't seem to be all there mentally to me so maybe that's why he looked like he didn't know what was going on the whole time.

Oh I agree with you, I don't blame him either for doing that, but at the same time he does really suck at selling.

His selling does suck, but consider his training. I don't know what's fact and what's fiction, but the general consensus seems to be "his training was shit", and you reap what you sow. Rotten hired a guy who can't work and can't sell and proceeded to more or less send out goons to assault him for being incapable of working or selling.

Brocklock brings up a good point, how sensible can we expect a barely-trained guy to be when he's getting shitcanned? It's possible he was concussed by those lucky-he-didn't-get-his-neck-broken Super Curb Stomps or any of the shots to the head he took.

His selling does suck, but consider his training. I don't know what's fact and what's fiction, but the general consensus seems to be "his training was shit", and you reap what you sow. Rotten hired a guy who can't work and can't sell and proceeded to more or less send out goons to assault him for being incapable of working or selling.

Brocklock brings up a good point, how sensible can we expect a barely-trained guy to be when he's getting shitcanned? It's possible he was concussed by those lucky-he-didn't-get-his-neck-broken Super Curb Stomps or any of the shots to the head he took.

Again, I agree and see the point that is being made and I'm in no way arguing with you. I'm just stating his selling sucked ass. Hopefully I'm not making it sound like Levy got what he deserved, because thats not what I mean.

I emailed the video to Nancy Grace's production team, writing how this form of hazing occurs in this company on a regular basis. And how they promote extreme violence without sanctions or control by government agencies. About the apparent lack of medical professionals, and how the wrestlers are afraid to speak out in fear of being blackballed. I doubt it gets any response, much less on, but if it does I will become a legend.

I emailed the video to Nancy Grace's production team, writing how this form of hazing occurs in this company on a regular basis. And how they promote extreme violence without sanctions or control by government agencies. About the apparent lack of medical professionals, and how the wrestlers are afraid to speak out in fear of being blackballed. I doubt it gets any response, much less on, but if it does I will become a legend.

It's not a hot-button issue at the moment, but, honestly, Ian could only benefit from the exposure.

Well I hope people send the video to tna and make them think twice before hiring this woman and I use that term incredibly loosely to say the least. If they still hire her after this crap, they are an absolute disgrace. It's irritating watching the link to the video of the news story and they interview the sheriff there and it's hard for him to press forward on the matter because although we all know it was real, he can't prove it. Plus that idiot levy didn't file a complaint. Aggrivating stuff like this can happen by a bunch of low life scum sucking trailer trash and nothing be done about it.

The scary thing is, kool aid drinkers isn't just some term thrown off by Timmy. The IWA markets shirts with the slogan "Drink The Kool Aid" and they use it as a positive term to describe, basically, the hardcore IWA fans who view the company as able to do no wrong. Which is kinda creepy in a way.

That's the one thing I'd say to refute the point JINGUS made a lot earlier, about IWA not being the worst fed out there. That may be true and I'm sure there's plenty of other bad indy feds who pull stuff like this or similar. But IWA is comparitively high-profile in indy wrestling (not quite so much now as a few years ago, but still) has a genuine cult following. Cult being the operative word for a number of them. And Ian Rotten seems to be a really good leader for that cult, be that positive or negative. Seriously, they've got some pretty obsessive fans. Like any promotion I guess, but still.

As somebody who used to watch a lot of IWA:MS and who's been following all this on CHIKARA's board for weeks, this has pretty much turned me off on IWA altogether. Which is a shame. But things have been weird for some time. From Ian's 'retirement tour', to the latest going out of business DVD sale aimed at the kind of fans who'll say on their board 'I'd love to buy more DVDs but I have to pay my rent, I hope you understand' (not an exaggeration), to the sudden realisation they're not going out of business, to this entire debacle. It's one cynical move after another recently. I still think a small part of this Levy beating or at least him being put against Mickie was to 'stick one' to the people who jokingly put Levy's name out there at CZWFans message board, which was very critical of Ian's non-retirement.

There's no doubt that the levy thing has a little to do about the CZWfans thing. And when he's talking about "Competators who want us out of business," he's talking about them too. IWA fans remind me a lot of ROH fans but even more crazy about the company. I mean you should see some of the things that are written by the kool aid drinkers over there.

There's no doubt that the levy thing has a little to do about the CZWfans thing. And when he's talking about "Competators who want us out of business," he's talking about them too. IWA fans remind me a lot of ROH fans but even more crazy about the company. I mean you should see some of the things that are written by the kool aid drinkers over there.

Link?

So, he works a match where he tries to actually do a couple of comebacks and make it less than one sided so a bunch of yardtards beat the shit out of him?

So, she accidentally got stiffed with a headbut, it's not like she was working light on him.

Wow, glad I never watched IWA MS.

So, he works a match where he tries to actually do a couple of comebacks and make it less than one sided so a bunch of yardtards beat the shit out of him?

So, she accidentally got stiffed with a headbut, it's not like she was working light on him.

Wow, glad I never watched IWA MS.

Just check out the Ted Petty Invitational tournament, which is routinely one of the best independent shows of the year.

Most people who never watch their shows have this misconception of IWA being an all-hardcore company. Which is absolutely not the case. Half their shows have no garbage matches at all, and even the ones which do typically only have one hardcore match on a card which is otherwise just straight wrestling matches (except for the deathmatch tournaments, of course). 95% of IWA matches have no hardcore elements at all. But incidents like this one certainly help perpetuate the image of IWA being some kind of blood-soaked outlaw promotion in the minds of people who aren't familiar with the product.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

IWA MS also had the Punk Vs Delirious Trilogy which are some of my favorite comedy matches of all time. I just don't check out the garbage matches.