TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/25

edit: shit, I mean 7/25

* The show opens with highlights from last week's Wedding and the Great American Bash.

* The MVP Lounge starts off the show with Jeff Hardy as his guest. Jeff Hardy received a huge pop.

* A battle royal is announced to determine the number one contender for Triple H's WWE Championship at WWE SummerSlam. Jeff Hardy, Big Show, Umaga, The Great Khali, Mr. Kennedy and others are confirmed for the battle royal.

* MVP starts talking about Jeff Hardy's suspension, losing the IC Championship, his house burning down and dog dying. MVP says that Jeff Hardy ruining his career with his behavior and he should be acting more professional and take some responsibility. Hardy then ends up pushing MVP down to the ground, ending the segment.

* US Champion Shelton Benjamin vs. Jimmy Wang Yang is up next.

Benjamin won the match with his finisher.

* Edge and the Edgeheads are backstage. The Edgeheads basically blow Edge off.

* Festus defeated. Curt Hawkins

Festus was in control through most of the match. After the match, Zack Ryder came into the ring and started attacking Festus with Curt Hawkins

Next is a promo with Edge talking to Alicia Fox with Bam Neely eavesdropping.

* Vladimir Kozlov vs. Stevie Richards.

Richards gets quite a bit of offense in, but Kozlov wins another one. Richards looks like he may have hurt his arm but Philly applauds him.

* Next is the main event, a six man battle royal with the winner facing Triple at Summerslam

* The Great Khali b. Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Big Show, and Umaga to win the battle royal.

MVP is eliminated first. Big Show eliminates Umaga and then Kennedy. Khali vs. Big Show as Hardy slumps in the corner. Umaga comes back in and hits Big Show with the thumb. The ref orders him to the back. Kennedy is eliminated by the Big Show. Big Show is then eliminated by Jeff Hardy. The Great Khali gets the win by eliminating Jeff Hardy. Runjin Singh returns. Triple H comes out to confront Khali.

* A Ron Killings promo airs. He will be coming to SmackDown soon.

* Michelle McCool defeated. Maryse

McCool won by getting Maryse to tap in her leg submission.

* Vickie arrives at SmackDown with Chavo Guerrero wheeling her in.

* Maria will be debuting on SmackDown next week.

* Brian Kendrick defeated. Shannon Moore

Kendrick comes out with Ezekiel and cuts a promo. Moore is initially over matched by the hyper aggressive Kendrick. Moore is distracted by Ezekiel. Kendrick hits a reverse backwards bulldog-type move for the win.

* Up next is Edge's public apology to Vickie. He comes out to the ring and calls out Vickie. She is wheeled out by Chavo. Vickie hugs Edge and tells him she forgives him. She then says that hell hatch no fury like a woman scorn. She tells Edge she has reinstated the Undertaker and that he will face him at SummerSlam in a Hell in a Cell match.

* MVP starts talking about Jeff Hardy's suspension, losing the IC Championship, his house burning down and dog dying. MVP says that Jeff Hardy ruining his career with his behavior and he should be acting more professional and take some responsibility. Hardy then ends up pushing MVP down to the ground, ending the segment.

This disgusts me.

Okay so Edge loses to HHH and is out of the title scene so KHALI of all people can get another main event push???? I think we know that the Raw title match is going to main event SummerSlam now.

This disgusts me.

Ditto

Okay so Edge loses to HHH and is out of the title scene so KHALI of all people can get another main event push???? I think we know that the Raw title match is going to main event SummerSlam now.

If they're going with Edge/'Taker in a HIAC match that will surely over shadow the RAW title match. It's up for debate whether that's intentional or not.

If they're going with Edge/'Taker in a HIAC match that will surely over shadow the RAW title match. It's up for debate whether that's intentional or not.

That rules out a potential Elimination Chamber match with Cena/Batista/Kane/JBL/Punk and someone else like Jericho :(

This is probably the least offensive thing they done in the last month. Get over it.

Do you even think before you type?

Yes.

A month ago, Vince was crushed by the set and Cena was almost hit by a car. MVP didn't burn down Jeff's house. It happened and it's over.

This is probably the least offensive thing they done in the last month. Get over it.

Do you even think before you type?

Yes.

A month ago, Vince was crushed by the set and Cena was almost hit by a car. MVP didn't burn down Jeff's house. It happened and it's over.

Hate to spoil it for you, but Vince being crushed by a set and Cena being hit by a car was fiction!

Jesus christ people, stop getting your panties in a bunch because a guy is cutting a promo talking about all of Hardy's misfortunes the last few months? Big fucking deal! It wasn't like he said, "your dog was a piece of shit that deserved to die" or something of the like. Like the other guy said, GET OVER IT. He just brought up Hardy's earlier shit, and then getting heat by telling him to "shape up" when, in storyline, he already has. What's the big deal?!!!

This show sounds horrible on paper though, Vicki/Edge what was expected with Taker/HHH for SummerSlam, Khali v. HHH at SummerSlam though? UGH. MVP or Kennedy against HHH at the ppv would have been at least worthwhile.

That rules out a potential Elimination Chamber match with Cena/Batista/Kane/JBL/Punk and someone else like Jericho :(

Although I dont expect it at all, they could do two HIACs in one night, much like they did with the Elimination Chamber double shot at No Way Out.

They said MVP just mentioned his dog dying, not that he made fun of it. Unwad your panties, pussies.

One thing I forgot to mention though is that I'm definately interested to see what they are going to do with Ron Killings on Smackdown.

This disgusts me.

Ditto

You know, Jeff probably said it was ok for MVP to say that stuff.

Dammit how fucking long does it take for Maria to get to SD. I loved her stuff on Raw because she's hot and now they take what? 4-5 weeks just before she appears on SD. Jeff Hardy vs MVP for Summerslam book it. Dunno what stip if any. I don't liek how they're pushing Kendrick though, I mean who the fuck is Ezekiel. it's amazing that both him and London were Tag Champs 2 years ago and now London wears jobber sneakers. Ironically, his outfit is identical to what he wore during the Londrick era. It has PL in big letters on it.

Dammit how fucking long does it take for Maria to get to SD. I loved her stuff on Raw because she's hot and now they take what? 4-5 weeks just before she appears on SD.

There's probably a few reasons. 1. Didn't have a program to have her in. 2. The Writers probably didn't want any focus taken off the diva championship that they have been building up for a little while now by having Maria show up.

Jeff Hardy vs MVP for Summerslam book it. Dunno what stip if any.

The only stip would probably be a #1 contender for the U.S. Title or the WWE title, but the match doesn't need to have those stips added to it. Plus it'd probably just end up being a Smackdown match.

I don't liek how they're pushing Kendrick though, I mean who the fuck is Ezekiel.

Ezekiel is the bodyguard Kendrick hired.

it's amazing that both him and London were Tag Champs 2 years ago and now London wears jobber sneakers. Ironically, his outfit is identical to what he wore during the Londrick era. It has PL in big letters on it.

I agree that Paul London needs new gear....PL = Paul London by the way. So that's why PL is on his gear.

After the match, Zack Ryder came into the ring and started attacking Festus with Curt Hawkins

I have this image of Ryder picking up Hawkins by the ankles and beating Festus over the head w/ him.

Anyway, SD sure has gotten pretty shitty post-draft. Not to be all "HHH is teh devil!" (but still - screw that guy, I can't stand him), but Raw sure got a hell of a lot better, while SD hit the skids, since HHH switched shows. Plus, you've gotta feel bad for Edge - dude had heat w/ HHH, so he jumped at the chance to switch shows last year when SD was losing guys for a chance to take the ball & run with it, since he knew he'd never be the top guy on Raw. Now, he's pretty much right back where he started as a ME jobber.

Also, I like London's ring gear. Except for the sneakers - he needs to go back to the boots.

Did they say what Killings name would be? Another site I cannot recall said he was going to be called R-Truth...

According to ProWrestling.net, Killings was intro'd as R-Truth during both last night's dark match and the Smackdown vignette.

That and the fact that his MySpace has already been changed to the R-Truth name.

Kendrick comes out with Ezekiel and cuts a promo. Moore is initially over matched by the hyper aggressive Kendrick. Moore is distracted by Ezekiel. Kendrick hits a reverse backwards bulldog-type move for the win.

I'm told this is called "Sliced Bread #2".

Since Khali isn't a wrestler people like that HHH will feel the need to work a style exposing match with, I think he'll try his damndest to get something out of him. I don't think it will be good, but it's something, I guess.

Anyway, SD sure has gotten pretty shitty post-draft. Not to be all "HHH is teh devil!" (but still - screw that guy, I can't stand him), but Raw sure got a hell of a lot better, while SD hit the skids, since HHH switched shows. Plus, you've gotta feel bad for Edge - dude had heat w/ HHH, so he jumped at the chance to switch shows last year when SD was losing guys for a chance to take the ball & run with it, since he knew he'd never be the top guy on Raw. Now, he's pretty much right back where he started as a ME jobber.

This is the same thing I thought once I saw Raw put belts on Punk and Kofi. I worried that Smackdown would become what Raw used to be, and thats exactly whats happening, a boring show that has no direction. It makes it worst that they went with the dreaded Vickie face turn, and doing the thing I hate, where the Taker comes back as a puppet.

Did Vickie turn face though? The first spoilers I read - not very detailed at all, admittedly - implied Vickie forgave Edge but while she was still mad already signed the Taker deal. It didn't read like "haha fake apology, Undertaker is going to kick your ass now" but we'll see.

"R-Truth" - how can you even spin that as a name? What does the R stand for (not Ron)? Maybe he'll have a George Steele speaking gimmick, "I R Truth! I R NUMBER 1"