TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jackmcmanus21

UFC 88: Breakthrough - Liddell vs. Evans

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Karo vs Yoshida is cancelled due to Karo throwing out his back. I imagine MacDonald vs Lambert or Pellegrino vs Tavares will get bumped to the main card.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Man, looking at pics from Karo at the weigh-ins that dude was not in fighting shape at all. Arms in particular looked skinny as hell, whether or not that's a factor we'll likely never know but this sucks. I wasn't ordering the show but this is going to hurt it pretty big as Karo/Yoshida was probbaly the most anticipated match amongst the hardcore fans alongside Kampmann/Nate. Speaking of, WAR HITMAN though if I was a betting guy I'd say Nate by UD due to being larger, stronger and in this case fighting a lot more converatively.

Kampann, Sidechoke of Doom. Believe.

Rogan just announced at the weigh-ins that Dong Hyun Kim vs Matt Brown will be the main card replacement. Interesting choice given their options and a huge oppurtunity for The Stun Gun to make a big impression on the American crowd. Speaking of, I'm hoping for a "Dong pounds Brown for 15 minutes" or something dirty-esque as the headline if he wins.

MMAJunkie said Karo was nowhere near fighting shape.

And LOL at Rashad wearing the Bill Gates mugshot pic on his t-shirt at the weigh-in. He looked in great shape. Talk about random though.

Now that I think more on it putting El Dongo on the main card is a very smart move especially considering Dana has said that they want to head to Korea in the next year or so. If that's the case they need to bring in ma'fuckin Jae Suk Lim. Korean Icepick!!

Yoshida/Karo being clled off is absolutly fucking balls. I'm so unbelievably pissed now. Granted, watching the Kim/Brown fight will be nice, but being a UFC OnDemand memebr means I would've seen it anyways.

As for the replacement fight: MMA is booming in South Korea right now, so it's unsuprising that the UFC is looking to tap into the market. My former boss (a Korean) said that Kim's UFC debut was big news amongst the community, the word spreading even to non-fans as himself. I remember an article that the fight was even broadcast live at some ridiculous hour in South Korea, along with news-tickers giving updates on a sports channel, IIRC.

I'd be absolutely giddy if this led to Song Un Sik getting brought into the WFA.

He is and I imagine if he turns in another head-dropping performance he'll make air. It's good that Dong/Brown is on the main card because with the exception of Chuck/Rashad I can see the other three fights all being decisions. A positive note is the last time UFC aired a PPV with a non-title main event (Hughes/Alves) they managed to show quite a few undercard bouts and with Karo/Yoshida being off we can hope for a full night.

They put Donger on the main card because his entrance music is the techno remix of "Heaven."

Well, I think it was probably the best choice of the undercard bouts.

They put Donger on the main card because his entrance music is the techno remix of "Heaven."

I was hoping for the Los Lonely Boys song, personally.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Karo vs Yoshida is cancelled due to Karo throwing out his back. I imagine MacDonald vs Lambert or Pellegrino vs Tavares will get bumped to the main card.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Bro, even Karos back can't take the heat of his magnificous beautiful judo throws.

UFC 88 PREDICTIONS

Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell- I have debated this outcome forever it seems. Liddell is the superior striker and has the benefit of experience. Given the stakes this should be enough for him to win. Evans has youth, a strong boxing background and is naturally bigger than Liddell. I want to say Liddell especially since if its close he will get the decision.

Evans by split decision- The hamstring and age catch up to Liddell

Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill- Hamill wins this easily. Hammill should have improved striking and his wrestling ability will overwhelm Franklin at this weight.

Hammill- Unanimous decision

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares- Henderson gains redemption and breaks the losing streak.

Henderson KO 2ND RD 2:30

Karo Parisyan vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

Tim Boetsch vs. James Lee- Lee submission 2ND RD Armbar 1:05

Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan- Ryo Chonan split decision

Matt Brown vs. Dong Hyun Kim- Kim 1st RD KO 3:45

Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell- I can see Liddell knocking him out early, but if it doesn't happen I see Evans gaining momentum the longer the fight lasts.

Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill -I put Hamill in the Lesnar category. Overpowering strenght yet raw. Franklin, like Couture is going to have an experience advantage, but I'll go with Hamill controlling the fight enough to win by UD.

Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans

I'm interested in this fight because I think it's very possible that Evans can pull off the upset. It's the result I want to see. Do I expect it to happen, though? No. I think Evans will give a heck of a fight, but Chuck is still going to win. It might take a round or two, but Chuck is probably going to KO or TKO Evans. Liddell in Round 2 by TKO.

Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamil

I view this as similar to the main event, except I don't think the chance of an upset as quite as strong. Hamil knows enough to pose problems for Franklin, but Franklin is just a better all around fighter. Hamil will give Franklin enough trouble to look good, but he'll still end up losing. Franklin in Round 3 by TKO.

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares

I only know Palhares from his previous UFC fight against Ivan Salaverry, but I was impressed with his jiu-jitsu, and his armbar was slick. However, he's facing Dan Henderson, who is a far better fighter. Henderson is also coming off two high profile losses and will be wanting to prove he's not a joke to the UFC audience. That's bad news for Palhares. Henderson in Round 2 by tap out.

Nate Marquardt vs. Martin Kampmann

Marquardt in Round 2 by reverse piledriver. Or submission.

Add me to those disappointed at the cancellation of the Yoshida-Parisyan fight. I was hoping to see Yoshida make it two Anaconda Chokes in a row.

I'm looking forward to tonight, and it should be good.

Ack! No prelim results in case it makes air.

Already deleted for everyone wondering what the hell I'm talking about but please refrain in the future.

Evans has youth, a strong boxing background and is naturally bigger than Liddell.

No he isn't... Are you high?

Evans fought at Heavyweight and dropped down to Light heavyweight. Did Liddell ever fight as a Heavyweight