TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jackmcmanus21

UFC 88: Breakthrough - Liddell vs. Evans

I called the right finish for the wrong guy. :P

Thanks for everything, Ice Man. I hope you have an enjoyable retirement.

Edit: The Streak continues for Sugar!

Couple of random thoughts about the card:

- I haven't been as fired up as I was after the Rashad KO in a long while! I almost flipped over the table at the bar I was watching. Up until that point, I was really mad because it looked like Rashad was completely afraid to attempt a takedown or mix it up.

- Hendo/Palhares gave us a great first two rounds, but an incredibly underwhelming 3rd round. Good to see Dan get off the schnide.

- Marquart looked great. It's a shame Anderson is in the same weight division. In fact, this night made A. Silva look like even more of a stud with Franklin, Marquart and Henderson winning. All good/great fighters that weren't able to handle The Spider.

Wow... that was about the sickest KO I have ever seen.

I hate to say this, but Chuck needs to retire NOW. Otherwise, we are going to see Tank Abbott II.

Jumping in late, but I loved Dong Kim's monkey style armbar submission attempt he was trying in the first round of that Brown fight.

Tonight seemed the night of caution as every match had periods of extended nothingness.

Ace's ribkick was pretty sweet, and when Rashad murderlized Chuck everyone at my bosses place shit their pants because they were hatin' on Rashad's antics and were pissed that the showboater got the deuce. But holy freakin' crap was that an overhand right.

I'm with Rend, Chuck needs out now, maybe one more fight to go out on a win, but he can't stay in the Main Event after dropping 3 of the last 4.