TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (7/28/2008)

When Raw convenes in Washington, D.C. on Monday night, Shane McMahon is scheduled to appear. In recent weeks, Shane and his sister, Executive Vice President Stephanie McMahon have implored the WWE Universe to maintain composure on the brand, which has recently been overrun with civil unrest. They've also requested that our fans allow their injured father, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon, the privacy he desires. Could Shane be coming to Raw to name a new General Manager?

Last Monday night, World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk was battling Batista in a title match when all hell broke loose. The aftermath of the no-contest match saw John Cena rush the ring to tangle with longtime foe JBL, who had charged the ring moments earlier. During his tussle with JBL, Cena inadvertently leveled Batista with a right arm.

Accident or not, the already frustrated Animal was fit to be tied. He came up swinging and the two powerhouses traded blows to end the broadcast. The confrontation between Cena and Batista begs the question, how will the next meeting go between these two?

In no less disturbing Raw action, Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix shared what can best be described as the weirdest love/hate moment Raw has seen in ages.

As The Glamazon looked on from ringside, Marella lost a match to returning Superstar D-Lo Brown. After the match, Phoenix stepped into the ring and scuffled with the spicy Italian. As the two traded waist-lock holds, they suddenly, inexplicably … kissed.

Just as quickly, they pulled back, seemingly afraid of any amorous feelings their lip lock may have evoked. Hmmm. What might have sparked these feelings of amore? And how might a relationship between these two develop, if at all?

Finally, announcers Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler touched on rumors last Monday that, in the absence of a General Manager, Shane and Stephanie McMahon are searching for a new Raw GM. Will our fans soon see a new face as Raw GM? If so, who will take the reins?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, be sure to tune into Monday Night Raw, live at 9/8 CT, only on USA Network.

For more WWE action, don’t miss Saturday Night’s Main Event, Aug. 2 on NBC at 9 p.m. ET.

When Raw convenes in Washington, D.C. on Monday night, Shane McMahon is scheduled to appear. In recent weeks, Shane and his sister, Executive Vice President Stephanie McMahon have implored the WWE Universe to maintain composure on the brand, which has recently been overrun with civil unrest. They've also requested that our fans allow their injured father, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon, the privacy he desires. Could Shane be coming to Raw to name a new General Manager?

Finally, announcers Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler touched on rumors last Monday that, in the absence of a General Manager, Shane and Stephanie McMahon are searching for a new Raw GM. Will our fans soon see a new face as Raw GM? If so, who will take the reins?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, be sure to tune into Monday Night Raw, live at 9/8 CT, only on USA Network.

For more WWE action, don’t miss Saturday Night’s Main Event, Aug. 2 on NBC at 9 p.m. ET.

I am tired of authority figures angles ! They should have only one neutral authority figure (ala Jack Tunney) for the 3 brands who will apppear on television only for important and limited cases.

I am tired of authority figures angles ! They should have only one neutral authority figure (ala Jack Tunney) for the 3 brands who will apppear on television only for important and limited cases.

They let the position die with Gorilla Monsoon.

Cena is wearing some of the ugliest merchandise in WWF/E history.

Oh please, there's been much worse.

I know that's an actual jersey, but on Batista it looks like a tube top.

..bruhaha, Cole?

This D.C. crowd is terrible.

I remember the last time they were at D.C. (or at least the last time I remember) The Rock appeared on the titantron to give a promo about the battle of the billionares and they barely made any noise.

Bunch of lame-asses...this crowd is worse than Toronto.

Cena is wearing some of the ugliest merchandise in WWF/E history.

And Batista follows with a jersey that isn't becoming a guy who used to wear the pimpest suit in the history of the WWE.

Who is one of the most technically sound free agents?

But seriously, probably Regal.

Good call. I was going all fanboy dreamin' for a minute.

Opening segment wasn't bad. Cena vs Batista is a big money match. I didn't like Batista slamming Punk though, what other champ would be slammed and not head to the ring?

I had heard that Shane was actually gonna be the GM....so could it just be a tease to build toward later in the show?

Wrestling Regal would make sense since his suspension is over...but would they really put him back in that spot after a second drug suspension? But who else could it be?

So I guess intergender rules are only randomly enforced.

Beth/Santino are already my favorite romance angle since Kurt/Steph.

This Santino/Beth stuff keeps getting better. After all the running down of the Divas Santino has done, Beth shows him who wears the pants in that relationship. This being after Santino brings back the INVISIBLE TRUMPET CELEBRATION~!

best thing going on Raw right now. And man, Santino is a lucky bastard. First Maria, and now Beth.

I wouldn't mind Shane as GM, as long as they get rid of the whole evil GM BS. If they have him being equal, then I'm all for it.

The phone call would seem to indicate that there is someone other than Shane.... I am so hoping that its Ric Flair! Wishful thinking I am sure but he did just have some appearances canceled, one of which is an upcoming monday August 11. (Which is my birthday)

Cole and Lawler WTF??