TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (8/5/2008)

The Land of the Extreme has seen its share of firsts, but when John Morrison & The Miz present their first-ever live edition of WWE.com's "The Dirt Sheet" with guests ECW Champion Mark Henry and Matt Hardy, it's possible that the Land of the Extreme could be lifted at its hardcore roots.

With SummerSlam mere weeks away, Henry is on a mission to prove his Extreme strength and dominance will not falter. But No. 1 contender Hardy is not fazed by Henry’s prowess, and the former United States Champion is ready to fight for the ECW gold at the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer. How will this collision course intersect with the sophomoric yet scathingly comedic antics of Miz & Morrison? What will the Shaman of Sexy and self-proclaimed "chick magnet" have to say on live television? (Watch episodes of WWE.com's "Dirt Sheet" now)

Moreover, who will be ECW’s true dominant force – the World’s Strongest Champion, Henry, or his determined challenger, Hardy? Will the Land of the Extreme crown a new king at SummerSlam or will Henry retain his Extreme gold? And, will anyone stand in the way of Henry and Hardy on the road to SummerSlam?

Former ECW General Manager Armando Estrada hasn't exactly had an ideal post-GM career in the ring. He's looking for one more chance at an ECW contract and current GM Theodore Long has agreed to give it to him in a match against ECW Original Tommy Dreamer, as seen in an AT&T Mobile exclusive video. Will Estrada defeat Dreamer and officially become an ECW Superstar? Or does he need to start looking for a new career? (Watch the match being made)

Ricky Ortiz is quickly making a name for himself on ECW. As part of General Manager Theodore Long’s New Superstar Initiative, Ortiz is undefeated with a 2-0 record, recently defeating Chavo Guerrero by disqualification. Although after his win, Guerrero hit Ortiz with frog splash. The self-proclaimed “Mexican Warrior’s” gloating ran short, though, when Evan Bourne ran into the ring to attack Guerrero.

Will Ortiz’s winning streak continue? Will high-flying Bourne continue to torment Guerrero? How will Bam Neely continue to perform as Guerrero’s bodyguard?

Find out the answers to these questions and more by tuning into ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT, and SummerSlam, live, and only on pay-per-view, Aug. 17 at 8/7 CT.

So we already know Dirt Sheet (w/Hardy and Henry) segment tonight, and Dreamer/Estrada. My guess for the two other segments is Finlay/Knox and Ortiz/Bourne against Chavo/Bam.

Spoiler alert:

As reported on PWI, Matt Striker joined Todd Grisham for color commentary for tonight's ECW on Sci Fi episode. I guess that it's Tazz & JR on SD?

Sooo... Knox has no sense of humor, or is a homophobe?

Oh, he thinks Finlay is soft. That makes sense, I guess. I didn't see him walking around with a midget in WCW.

That's the point. He USED to be tough but no longer . . . quote the Knox, nevermore.

Ok, The Dirt Sheet was good, but if it's going to be a live segment it needs to be tweaked a little. Still, I loved how that whole angle played out, with Mark and Matt beating the shit out of Miz/Morrison at the end.

The Dirt Sheet? Ugh, awful. I just hate the Miz and Morrison. Did anyone notice that really embarrassing suplex by Braden Walker? He could barely hold on to James Curtis in the air!

I agree, Chris Harris has killed his career more than anyone I've ever seen. This was a guy in TNA that I thought was good, yet ever since he's been in WWE, he has looked fat and awful in the ring.

I don't know what's happened with Chris Harris. He was above average in TNA, and I thought he would be the breakout star of AMW. Now, James Storm is in TNA teaming with Robert Roode and getting a decent amout of TV time, while Chris Harris goes on ECW and puts on sub-par performance after sub-par performance. Maybe it's just the weight he's put on, or maybe he just hasn't grasped "WWE-Style"? Plus, his finisher is a weak ass fisherman's suplex? I guess WWE figured if he couldn't do a crossbody right (admittedly, Estrada screwed up the spot just as badly), maybe he could at least get a suplex right.

I didn't really see the point of teaming Evan Bourne, one of the best new cruiserweights to come along in years, with Ricky Ortiz, who rivals Chris Harris for worst wrestler in ECW. I loved the roll-up thing that Bourne used on Neely for the win, but when Ortiz was in the ring, things really dragged.

I'll agree with the rest of you that Striker's commentary was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't mind seeing him take-up a permanent position as a commentator.

I think Harris has been worse than Ortiz really, since Harris shouldn't be this bad. I've seen Ortiz in OVW when he was called Atlas Da Bone, and yes, he was terrible, but Harris is just embarrassing at this point. Many people for years have called Harris a breakout star waiting to happen, but I always thought James Storm would have the better future, since he is lightyears better on the mic, and is a pretty underrated worker. So far, that has come true.

Didn't Teddy Hart or Kid Kash get a bunch of heat in TNA for calling James Storm the Marty Jannity of the group?