TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

WWE Raw - September 1, 2008

Well, this is gay. I was expecting Rey to be evil or "tormented" or something storyline wise. Instead it just looks like hey, we wanted to give him a few more weeks off, to heal up from injury.

Anyways, I love how pretty much everything tonight was based around "the approval of Randy Orton". Makes him look like THE top dog on Raw, and in really good shape for his return. Which should be the case.

Well, this is gay. I was expecting Rey to be evil or "tormented" or something storyline wise. Instead it just looks like hey, we wanted to give him a few more weeks off, to heal up from injury.

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed. There should have been some legit follow-up. It would seem as though weeks of Kane's bag was just a whole bunch of nothing.

Well, did you guys see anything that could have injured HBK? He doesn't look like he was favoring an arm or anything.

When he fell out of the ring, landing on his arm.

Well, did you guys see anything that could have injured HBK? He doesn't look like he was favoring an arm or anything.

Yea he was. That fall out of the ring looked pretty nasty. And looks like he took the brunt of it on his arm, covering his head. You could see when he went back to hitting Cade, and then just sort of stopped and leaned on him, he probably wasn't feeling his best right then.

That fall reminded of the Lita Bump from the end of 2004.

I rewound this many times to confirm this, but I'm 99% sure Adamle referred to the ECW match this Sunday as the "Scrabble Match". I laughed. I also think Santino said "Honky Donkey Man", but it might have been Tonky. How can you not the love the Honk-A-Meter?

I rewound this many times to confirm this, but I'm 99% sure Adamle referred to the ECW match this Sunday as the "Scrabble Match". I laughed.

Will CM Punk walk out of Unforgiven with the last word? Find out this Sunday on Pay-Per-View!

Yeah they aren't even trying to pretend that Santino is a serious wrestler, just a HTM redux. He's already won too many matches though. Honky spent a year just getting himself DQed and counted out...I don't recall them putting HTM over anyone other than Sat. morning jobbers.

I wonder if they realize that Punk absolutely has to beat Orton when they do this eventual match? Otherwise everything Orton said tonight will be true and Punk would have been a lame duck holding a world title. That Orton stuff frustrated me to no end. The guy has an arm in a sling, talks a bunch of shit about all the champions on the roster, yet no one simply kicked the crap out of him.

Anyone else think Santino may end up losing the IC Title to the Honky Tonky Man when this is all over?

No, but I'll have a smile on my face if he gets destroyed by the next big thing in under 10 seconds at a PPV.

Anyone else think Santino may end up losing the IC Title to the Honky Tonky Man when this is all over?

No, but I'll have a smile on my face if he gets destroyed by the next big thing in under 10 seconds at a PPV.

A friend of mine brought up this scenario tonight:

Let Santino go through with this Honk-O-Meter thing, and let it get to the 63rd week. Then the week he is to break the record, let history repeat itself a little bit. Lets say over a year from now this thing with Haas is still working. Have Santino cut a promo declaring that the following week, he will tie the Honky Donky Man, then have the Ultimate Warrior's music hit. Have Haas charge the ring and squash Santino.

did anyone else with cablevision have a random commercial come on after the Kowalski memorial pic? Mine did, thereby cutting off the start of Raw and then it came back with Orton halfway down the ramp .

That sucked. Yea Kane's new song sucks, it's like a crappy remake of his original one mixed with some B-Horror movie song. And yea, it was obvious Shawn took a bad bump, and I hadn't even heard the news yet. DOH

Santino continues to rule, from his promo, to his post-match walk away while muttering that he's not scared of D-lo cuz he is Italian. Speaking of D-Lo, why did WWE rehire him to wrestle Santino every week?

I'd mark for that, I got money saying he drops it to Primo Colon around or after Survivor Series though

Yeah they aren't even trying to pretend that Santino is a serious wrestler, just a HTM redux. He's already won too many matches though. Honky spent a year just getting himself DQed and counted out...I don't recall them putting HTM over anyone other than Sat. morning jobbers.

You know, sometimes I really wished you understood pro wrestling. The whole point of the angle is that Santino is trying to surpass Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign time frame wise. How HTM and Santino beat or have beaten people have nothing to do with the angle. Santino even said, he just has to hold the title for over 62 (?) weeks to do it and then he'll be the greatest IC champion of all time.

No but I expect a HTM internet promo about the angle.

I wonder if they realize that Punk absolutely has to beat Orton when they do this eventual match? Otherwise everything Orton said tonight will be true and Punk would have been a lame duck holding a world title. That Orton stuff frustrated me to no end. The guy has an arm in a sling, talks a bunch of shit about all the champions on the roster, yet no one simply kicked the crap out of him.

If it's entertaining, who cares?

A friend of mine brought up this scenario tonight:

Let Santino go through with this Honk-O-Meter thing, and let it get to the 63rd week. Then the week he is to break the record, let history repeat itself a little bit. Lets say over a year from now this thing with Haas is still working. Have Santino cut a promo declaring that the following week, he will tie the Honky Donky Man, then have the Ultimate Warrior's music hit. Have Haas charge the ring and squash Santino.

I don't see Haas' impersonation gimmick lasting another year.

It also shows his blatant disregard for the direction of the WWE product, as everyone seems pissed if their product is not marketed towards them.

Well, I will restate my original argument, for the sake of argument ... heh.

Cena is not as over as you'd think, he will be turning heel soon...VERY soon.

This is what I said. I never once said he wasn't over!

As for "not as over," the WWE demographic is 18-30 MALES. Cena does NOT appeal to this group. Therefore, he is not the marketing future. I believe the WWE is searching for the next big personality to take the top spot.

Again, all opinion and speculation. Nothing of which can be argued or even wrong for that matter. You all just get worked up over silly things. :P