TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

WEC 36: Faber vs. Brown

Fucking awesome fight. Rosholt almost got knocked out standing a few times but always managed to find that takedown.

A+ on the ground, D on the feet.

He needs some seasoning yet.

Man, Rosholt simultaneously showed tons of potential skill wise while utterly exposing himself as a highlight reel KO victim waiting to happen.

I agree 100% but I think like most good wrestlers and great athletes the standup will improve fast. It'd better.

Faber vs. Garcia... sign me up. Urijah took 5 rounds but Garcia knocks Pulver out in about a minute. Impressive.

His stand-up could improve, but seeing as how his natural instinct to getting punched in the face was to walk forward and get punched in the face more... that's troubling.

In regards to Filho: WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

I think he's gone off the deep end or something.

Aaron Simpson had a really sick knockout, as well.

Great card up until Filho decided to take his depression party into the cage.

Mike Brown's no joke... too bad WEC never promoted him and now all of a sudden this is a massive upset.

Upset, yes. But Mike Brown is a fuckin' good fighter, man.

And Rudo, yes D, because having a chin gives you plus points even if you look like a total retard everywhere else. F would have had a KO attached at the end as well.

Honestly, you could even ask Black Lushus, I always thought Faber was overrated and didn't deserve the "P4P" hype he deserved. Especially when Frank Mir would go way overboard and call him a top 5 P4P fighter in the world.

Although I thought Faber was going to win, I always thought Mike Brown stood a great chance. He is underrated, and has improved greatly over the years. I think Garcia would've beat Faber, especially that night.

Mike Brown Vs. Leonard Garcia will be good.

But are they going to do that? I know the general consensus was the winner of Pulver/Lenny was top dog but I don't think that was being said with the assumption that Brown would win. I think it'd be bullshit for Garcia to have to fight again but at the same time Faber's popularity and length of title reign could also warrant an immediate rematch.

But are they going to do that? I know the general consensus was the winner of Pulver/Lenny was top dog but I don't think that was being said with the assumption that Brown would win. I think it'd be bullshit for Garcia to have to fight again but at the same time Faber's popularity and length of title reign could also warrant an immediate rematch.

ZUFFA won't screw over Garcia, they didn't give Rampage an immediate rematch, but then again the whole drama that folded after the fight problay had a lot to do with it.

Either way, when was ZUFFA been known to grant immediate rematch for titles? Faber got KTFO in the 1st round, no way should he get an immediate rematch.

My bad, Nate didn't tweak but the Jacksons connection remains as Cerrone is from their camp too. Them boys have been on fire.

BTW I think Garcia has done it the best. The sly smile and "Yeah, what up?" reaction is great.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Faber get an immediate rematch. He was on a hell of a streak and it wasn't like he was a champ who won, then loss, then won, then loss. Plus with his name recognition I am sure business-wise, WEC is going to want him at or near the top of the card as much as possible for the forseable future.

Faber just looked like he wasn't ready at all for this guy...like he didn't take the fight seriously and ended up paying the price for it. Stumbling around, falling down. What a fucking stupid move throwing that blind spinning elbow...certainly paid the price for that. I bet that shot to the jaw HURT like a mother...