TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

UFC 91: Couture vs Lesnar

Lesnar via TKO, 3rd. round. With wrestling comparable to Couture's, he'll manage to get on top of Couture enough to wear him down & vulnerable for a slow but steady stream of G&P for the stoppage, a la Barnett/Rico. I just don't think Randy has the punching power to deter Lesnar standing (I'm giving Brock the benefit of the doubt in regards to being able to get hit without shitting himself, compared to 75% of big HW's), and the idea of Randy dirty boxing Lesnar into exhaustion assumes that it's not tiring to clinch with a guy that massive for so long.

If the countdown show taught me anything it's that when he was in his 20s and early 30s...Randy was that guy. If you've seen it - you probably know what I mean.

I don't think I would have liked that Randy Couture very much. Or at all even.

Totally. He had the mullet/ponytail combination and was shown in pictures with his family all dressed up and him in his workout clothes looking tough.

Ugh.

I also watched Randy's biography on A&E last night and they made no attempt at hiding the fact that Captain America cheated on his first wife and abandoned his kids. I found that odd.

I knew that part. I mean, Randy was military and also a high-level athlete so he'd be going against the grain if he wasn't an asshole during his earlier years. Nowadays he's got the public image to keep alive but I think he's pretty cogniscent of the fact that there are a LOT of people out there who have lost a ton of respect for him by coming back to UFC. He's all-but admitted in interviews since returning that it's about the money whereas, when he actually believed he could fight Fedor it was about the competition.

I care more now that Barn Cat/McLovin is on the main card and even though he might lose Jorge usually brings a good fight and Riley is a scrapper. Kenny/Joe is being massively overlooked, hopefully we get to see Maia pull off some wizardry on the mat and if Gonzaga shows a return to form the main card is solid. Oh and everybody's favorite Canadian Daywalker Marc Bocek in the house.

It's an odd situation because it's clear that Lesnar has talent and no doubt could become a champ one day. But does he deserve the shot? No way. I don't see how anybody could argue that he does.

Having said that if somebody can't see why UFC is giving him the shot they're either being intentionally ignorant or are just plain retarded.

I'd say TKO over a sub, besides BJ nobody has subbed Joe since 2000 and I don't think Kenny will be that guy. Joe has a solid guard but I don't see him threatening Kenny with anything like a triangle or armbar and Kenny has good enough wrestling and striking from on top to keep him down and land shots. Kenny's reach, especially standing over Joe in the guard could be the difference maker here.

Possibly but I think Kenny's height combined with Joe's lack of will present us with a situation with Joe being on his back (if he's taken down of course) and not being able to threaten Kenny with anything.

Now, if Joe gets Kenny down and can keep him down it'll be a totally different story.

This will be the first card I make real money bets on. I'm a pussy so it's only $15 a fight.

I was able to lock in Nate Quarry at +190, which I think is a pretty fair bet. I also got Brock, who is a slight favorite over Randy. Fun times!

Yeah, pretty much the only difference between Lei and my predictions are the benefit of the doubt for Brocks ability to take a punch. In my view, Randy gets Brock on the ground and its over. Randy beats the shit out of him like he did Gonzaga.

Brock via TKO or Randy via TKO. There's pretty much no way either guy is going to have the energy to last through the 5 rounds of punishment either guy will throw the other's way from the top, and I don't see Randy or Brock giving up position to go for a submission.