TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

UFC 91: Couture vs Lesnar

Well, my stream crapped out for good with a minute left in the 1st. Could someone be kind enough to provide a recap?

Lesnar looked gassed at the end of the first, they came out throwing in the second, they went into a brief period of trade big shots, stagger back, step back in and throw again and eventually Lesnar caught Couture enough to drop him and then it was hammer fists a go-go until the ref stopped it.

Well, my stream crapped out for good with a minute left in the 1st. Could someone be kind enough to provide a recap?

Lesnar looked gassed at the end of the first, they came out throwing in the second, they went into a brief period of trade big shots, stagger back, step back in and throw again and eventually Lesnar caught Couture enough to drop him and then it was hammer fists a go-go until the ref stopped it.

Soooooooo, pretty much how Brock's won his fights so far. Ok thank you.

Welp. I was wrong about Randy/Brock. And if the rumor is true that Brock came in with an injury, that makes it even more impressive. Randy was on his way to winning before he got donged with a massive punch. Nothing you can do at that point.

And if I was Kenny Florian, I'd be pissed. What more does the man have to do? BJ Penn gets to run off and get a title shot in another division when he hasn't beaten everyone in his own division, so Kenny has to continuously fight and win while being told he's the top contender? I'd want to just jump Penn at this point and steal the title.

Good for Brock. He's finally done something to justify walking away from his insanely-high WWE contract. Isn't he supposed to go into a Unification fight to crown an Undisputed Champion? Hopefully that goes well for him as well

I love the fact that this title win is going to make Brock an even BIGGER heel in the eyes of a lot of hardcore MMA people. I really hope Brock goes around talking about how he beat the hell out of Randy, a legend, and really plays up that angle.

Very good night of fights overall. Every single fight gets shown for the first time i can think of, and none of them have been boring. Hendricks was a lumpy pile of crap who shouldn't be anywhere near the UFC, but other than that there's nothing to complain about.

With Brock as the official champ, I'm really hoping Nogueira defeats Mir to retain the Interim. Nog vs Brock is about as face versus heel as it's going to get, and I don't want to see Mir-Lesnar II nearly as much.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!!!

:headbang:

YES!

I have to go to Sherdog to feel the enormity of this win and watch people grudgingly accept Brock's indellible place in MMA history now.

- Maia needs an Okami/Franklin/Marquardt/Hendo challenge next. He's done away with MW gatekeepers and is ready for the next step.

- Good for Gonzaga but I'll be impressed when he fights somebody that actually poses a challenge to him.

- Amish McLovin!~ Good gravy that was sweet. Dustin is one of the most entertaining fighters to watch in recent shows. Sorry Mik.

- Brown/Thomas was solid throughout and Brown deserved a win after putting in work against The Dong.

- Stephens/Dos Anjos was great fun with a highlight-reel finish.

- KENNY. What a performance. What a promo. "BJ is the master and it's time to kill my master."

- Damn, Randy. Brock was just too big and as many suspected had the power to but Couture down. Kind of an anticlimactic finish but no way Randy was getting out from under those hamcans.

-DAYWALKER. Sweet-ass grappling match between Bocek and Robinson. That's right bitches, Marc Bocek: .500 record in the UFC.

Gotta give dap to 2 guys I don't normally favour...

Lesnar took some punches and gave em right back, respect. Big motherfucker, gonna be trouble for anybody in the division. Good thing they kept Gonzaga around.

Kenny looked fucking dope. Great and dramatically improved head movement and footwork standing. Super impressive and he may actually do things against BJ.

Overall, sick show. 5 subs. 2 Kos. And the only decision was a banger.

If there was ever that one defining card that was "the one" for the UFC in their history, this was it. Delivered to the max. Show was from start to finish, as solid as you can get. The main event was about as historic and heated as you can get, just amazing stuff all around.

Did anyone else notice Couture attempt a take down only to not be able to lift Brock? He got one foot off the ground and nothing else. Brock didn't really block it either.

Either way, outside of the shot that cut Brock's eye, Brock made Randy fucking Couture look no better than Heath Herring. That's about as much praise as I can possibly give Lesnar. VERY impressive fight and he's only gonna get better.

Randy looked way better than Heath Herring. I was honestly surprised when Randy stuffed the first double leg Brock tried. He scrambled to his feet, he was wearing Brock out and he took some huge shots. Randy Couture has nothing to be ashamed off.

Randy defended better but he got nothing offensively outside of whatever cut Brock open (I missed it). He attempted several takedowns that failed and his opportunity to take control when he broke out of Brock's first takedown didn't materialize.

Obviously the Heath Herring comment was hyperbole but it WAS a pretty dominant performance. The only weakness Brock showed is stamina since he was gassed by the end of round 1.

this was the best UFC card i've ever seen. grats to brock. hell of a show that everyone put on. Randy looked great for his age, much better than I thought he would after a year off.

This night couldn't have been better for me. My band started recording our EP, plenty of beers, and one hell of a fucking UFC event.

Wow, lots of Brock fans here. Everybody at the house I was at (around a dozen people) were cheering for Randy, as well as the crowd in Vegas.

Props to Brock for winning, but he will have his hands full with his next opponent. One has already beaten him, while the other is about as terrible a styles match up as you can get for Brock. Nog's taken shots from the hardest hitters in MMA and his entire game plan involves getting taken down and subbing his opponent.

I have to say Florian won me over last night, but really I guess I've always liked him except for his lame nick name.