TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

UFC 91: Couture vs Lesnar

Barncat by 1st round KO (no fucking T needed, thank you). Would I be surprised if he got subbed like a bitch? No. No I wouldn't. But I believe in Tamdan.

Gonzaga over Hendriks (who is Xtreme Couture so even though I'm not familiar with him - I dunno... kinda like Reijlic... never heard of him but trains with Randy and looked amazing in his first big UFC fight). Still going to go with Gabe to rebound from Pussyitis and regain some of that "monster" form. Second round sub.

Nate Quarry over Maia by 1st or 2nd round KO. Everyone to this point has been stupid enough to play into Maia's gameplan. Herman is a dumb white trash retarded fucktard who wanted to beat Maia at his own game... epic fail. And MacDonald is a cocky fucker who fought an awesomely stupid (but overall awesome to watch) fight against Maia and naturally got subbed. Maia needs his chin tested. Nate, if nothing else, should be good for that. I feel him pulling out a KO.

Florian over Stevenson by 2nd round TKO due to strikes. Kenny is the clear #1 contender and I've lost all faith in Joe right now. BJ murdered him in front of his screaming, crying wife and then you may forget but Joe was not faring well his last time out until he caught that guillotine and won. I had him down in that fight.

Brock new champ via 1st round TKO.

Tim Sylvia and Gonzaga were both supposed to be "too big" for Randy because he was "too old". Here's the thing... Sylvia and Gonzaga put together are still about half as athletic and explosive as Brock Lesnar. Yes, Gonzaga is probably more skilled but Randy's old legs aren't going to be handle 280 pounds of fury exploding all over him and pretty much manhandling him.

Somebody said up there that if Randy gets Brock on his back then it's over for Brock. I totally agree. But I just don't see Randy getting Brock on his back. I'd be more surprised at that then I was when Randy almost KO'd Sylvia in the first 30 seconds of his first comeback fight and I nearly jumped through my ceiling.

Gotta go with Brock here... gut feeling.

So Dana has confirmed the winner of Kenny/Joe gets a title shot. That sucks because it really should be "If Kenny wins he gets a title shot". Joe was on the receiving end of one of the worst beatdowns in recent history and there's absolutely no way they could market a rematch.

it's a solid division, but if Kenny loses then the LW division doesn't have a real top contender.

Kenny would have lost

Huerta just lost

BJ's already killed Sherk and Stevenson

Tyson Griffin just lost

So if Kenny loses this fight (and props to him for taking it) then they don't have a real number one contender. You'll get Nate "The Hate" Diaz or something

then you may forget but Joe was not faring well his last time out until he caught that guillotine and won. I had him down in that fight.

Depends who you ask, apparently.

Jeez, slow your roll and check our exchanges on page 4. My point was simply that there was nothing in the fight to make me think that Joe looked "scared" or "off his game". I won't argue that he lost the first round against Tibeau.

Also work on your subtlety. Needs some polishing.

You'll get Nate "The Hate" Diaz

That's who it'll be considering his current streak and being undefeated in the UFC. He's really the only one you could justify outside of something like a top Welterweight cutting weight for a special attraction kind of deal, but there's really no one for that spot either.

ESPN.com doing the weigh-ins live with two ESPN guys with Bonnar and Mir being guest analysts and they are actually talking/giving commentary over the weigh-ins... in a way, treating it like every other sport. This is awesome. One step closer to mainstream acceptance.

Lesnar RD 1 KO 1:30

I am a fan of Randy just like everyone else but this is the perfect storm scenario for Lesnar. Couture hasn't fought in a year, he is 45 years old and will be outweighed by AT LEAST 40lbs! That doesn't even take into consideration that Brock is a world class wrestler with freakish strength and speed.

Looking at Brock's fights he has knocked down Mir and Herring with virtually a jab. The only way both men escaped being KO'd was their size as they were able to hold off Lesnar who STILL outweighed both of them.

I see Lesnar dropping Randy with a similar Jab and pouncing and Couture can't hold him off and Brock ground and pounds him into unconciousness.

I could see Lesnar taking Randy down, but being unable to do much work from the ground on a crafty guy like Randy. I just hope the ref stands them up quickly and doesn't let half the round go by before doing so. Unless of course Lesnar is being effective on the ground.

Well, Brock made 265 but he's going to be much bigger tomorrow.

I watched the Brock Lesnar show on Spike, and he said on it that when he trains he drops alot of weight and then has to eat tons of high protein shit to get up to 265 afterwards. Would he want to keep putting on weight? I thought it might be as bad/worse for ones endurance as cutting weight.

After the talk coming out of the weigh-in, I'm picking Randy to win by TKO in the third or fourth round. I think Brock dominates for the first two rounds and hammers the crap out of Randy, but Randy hangs in there and the combination of frustration and nerves causes Brock to gas out and Randy picks him apart for the win. I really want Brock to win this, but coming out of the weigh-in, and the heavy talk of a hamstring injury, I think Randy gets the win.

The great thing about this fight is that, aside from a Brock getting a submission hold on for the tapout, any ending to a fight can realistically take place here. Randy could KO Lesnar, if only because Lesnar's chin is untested and he could have a glass jaw for all we know. Brock could KO Randy because he hits so hard, and if he hits Randy with a punch like the one that decked Herring, especially on the ground, then it could be lights out. Randy has some submission ability, albeit not extensive, and that, combined with Brock's inexperience could give Randy a chance for the submission win. Randy could TKO Brock if Brock gets frustrated enough that he throws strategy and common sense out the wind and gets caught in a situation he would normally have avoided. Brock could very easily TKO Randy simply by muscling down and G&P'ing Randy into oblivion. Or we could see a very tactical and reserved fight from both men, where they simply try to not lose rather than win (see: Severn vs. Shamrock II), and the decision goes to whoever avoids making those big mistakes.

Another thing about this one is how virtually everyone who has made a prediction is totally convinced that their pick is going to win and seems to be of the opinion that the other guy is, at best, a longshot to win.