TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

ECW on Sci-Fi - September 9, 2008

Matt Hardy made Extreme history at Unforgiven on Sunday night, when he secured ECW gold after a Twist of Fate to The Miz during the ECW Championship Scramble. After winning an Eight-Man Tag Team Match last week on ECW on Sci Fi, Hardy gained the momentum he needed to finally win the ECW Title, taking it away from the World’s Strongest Man at Unforgiven, and defeating Finlay, The Miz and Chavo Guerrero, as well.

As the new king of ECW, how will Hardy change the Land of the Extreme? Now that he holds ECW’s top prize, will anyone be able to stop the determined Superstar? Will Mark Henry be looking for revenge? Will Finlay, Miz and Guerrero ever get another chance at the ECW Championship?

Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi, Ricky Ortiz proved once again his Ricky O. Rally Towel is the good luck charm he needs to help him continue his hot streak. It seems every week the WWE Universe waves the Ricky O. Rally Towel, Ortiz picks up another win. This week, Ortiz defeated SmackDown’s Ryan Braddock with The Big O to up his undefeated streak to 5-0. Will anyone be able to stop Ortiz, who came to ECW as part of General Manager Theodore Long’s New Superstar Initiative? Will the WWE Universe continue to rally behind this confident newcomer?

Find out the answers to these questions and more on ECW on Sci Fi Tuesday night at 10/9 CT. Don’t forget, ECW on Sci Fi will begin airing at 9/8 CT on Sept. 30.

You know, I would like to see a SmackDown six-type revival:

Matt Sydal

Rey Misterio

John Morrison

The Miz

Which other two could we throw in there?

Kingston and Noble. I won't include SD guys since they aren't attached to ECW anymore, otherwise, include TBK.

Matt Sydal

Rey Misterio

John Morrison

The Miz

Colt Cabana/Matt Classic/Whatever his WWE name is.

Matt Sydal

Rey Misterio

John Morrison

The Miz

Colt Cabana/Matt Classic/Whatever his WWE name is.

Mike Fucking Knox.

Hahaha, yeah, I had the same "... oh hey it's that guy" reaction to Josh Daniels. Swagger looked okay, though I'd like to see him in an actual competitive match for comparison.

I like this Jack Swagger cat. I see in him what I saw in Ken Kennedy when he first popped up on Velocity.

I mean the "it" factor, not the "fucking it up for yourself at every turn" thing.

Is Swagger 7 foot tall or was he wrestling a midget?

Don't disrespect Josh Daniels. Swagger/Hager is only 6'4, so you can see how tall Daniels is but don't let his height fool you.

Is Swagger 7 foot tall or was he wrestling a midget?

Don't disrespect Josh Daniels. Swagger/Hager is only 6'4, so you can see how tall Daniels is but don't let his height fool you.

If I recall Josh Daniels from ROH, he was really unimpressive.

Hey everyone who has ECW recorded. (aired 9/9/08)

At the very beginning, before the standard WWE intro the screen is black and flashes, briefly, the word "Listen" near the top. There is then a sound that is almost like a static or popping of electrical equipment. The sound lasts for prob. 1/10 of a second, so some analysis will be required.

Was this some sort of mix-up with another commercial or is WWE copying TNA with a viral marketing something or other?

I watched again and am fairly certain it is a part of WWE's programming.

Anyone?

This was another enjoyable ECW show. Bourne/Morrison was a really excellent match, I think I could watch Bourne wrestle all night. I almost wish Kofi was back on ECW so he could do some fun teaming with Bourne, though they wouldn't have any belts to go after.

One comment: Striker has largely been a solid announcer but he seriously needs to cut out all the right wing rhetoric. Even JBL knew not to do that stuff very often.

Eh, Striker knows Vince is Republican, so I'd imagine this is one way to butter up the boss.

I agree, however, that WWE shouldn't be doing this, especially since they're also running a nonpartisan voting drive.

Eh, Striker knows Vince is Republican, so I'd imagine this is one way to butter up the boss.

I agree, however, that WWE shouldn't be doing this, especially since they're also running a nonpartisan voting drive.

They did this with the previous elections and Foley would've been on the other side if he was still commentating for Smackdown. However, the key difference is that Lawler pushing his/Vince's political stance was pretty forced but it works with Striker since it fits his persona but that doesn't mean he shouldn't tone it down.

Jake Swagger had the name and look of a generic Indy guy. I liked his dofusy smile, I guess he could work as a dorky heel whose full of himself. I like the All-American American nickname.