TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

The Ultimate Fighter: Noguiera vs Mir

I'd love it if Dana brought back a bunch of the LW's who didn't make it into the house and told Junie he's going to participate in a one-day tournament to stay in the house. Either that or he tells Bader that he gets carte blanche on beating the piss out of Junie and whatever happens he wouldn't get booted from the show.

Reading Darth Bader's blog @ MMAJunkie and Krystof's @ Sherdog they both mention that Spike didn't broadcast any footage of a bunch of guys getting together and agreeing that dumping Junie's clothes in the pool would infuriate him and hopefully cause him to do something that would get him kicked off the show.

Bader also mentioned that because of the way Junie push-kicked Tom Lawlor they all made "This...is...SPARTA" jokes around him for a while after. Lollers.

Yeah, its patently obvious they all wanted Junie off the show.

I think the only reason why Dana didn't kick his ass out after the first or second incident is because the kid has talent. Talent that can be used. But all the talent in the world means nothing if you cannot control yourself. If I was Dana, he would have been gone after the second incident. He would not have been around to jump in the octagon to go after Nog and Efraim.

He's still on the show because he's the only one to show any sort of character so far.

It's a mixture of him having a character, and his talent level...

TUF ratings are going down, and they need someone like Junie to spice up the ratings. But at the same time, if he was a shitty fighter like Marlon Sims, and had been eliminated already he would've been kicked off the show quicker then a fat boy eats a scoop of ice cream.

TUF's always wanted characters. All the biggest stars from the show have had something. Even Rashad would taunt during fights and got into an argument with Hughes over it.

Junie's passed even Leben though. Leben set that bar pretty high, but my *GOD*. Why would he leap into the cage? Not only is the guy that just won in there with his team-mates, but also Nog who did not look pleased, and his own coach Mir who did *NOT* seem pleased.

So in shitty news for anybody who likes awesome fights it seems that either Guida vs Diaz was never on or it's off now. Either way most sites are reporting that it's off. The only ray of light here is that Guida is apparently penciled in to fight Kurt Pellegrino soon which is cool but Guida vs The Hate would've been better.

Seriously, fuck having characters. This isn't WWE.

I understand the need to have these guys show a little personality, but as was said before, Leben set the extremely high and Junie just leaped over it.

And to think that I was digging this season because for once its not all about the coaches and their rivalry or issues that spring up during the season... I just want to see who the coaches can get these guys to listen to them and actually determine who the better fighter is out of the 8 LWs and LHWs. I seriously despise those guys who get picked just because they can act like an idiot in an attempt to get face time. Watching Junie break shit and try and pull people in the pool is not being a character, its just being stupid. I am seriously hoping that he gets thrown off.

I get where you're coming from but going around various forums I'd say the amount of people who'd rather see Junie get booted by being KO'd or submitted rivals the group who just him out, period.

Seriously, fuck having characters. This isn't WWE.

I understand the need to have these guys show a little personality, but as was said before, Leben set the extremely high and Junie just leaped over it.

And to think that I was digging this season because for once its not all about the coaches and their rivalry or issues that spring up during the season... I just want to see who the coaches can get these guys to listen to them and actually determine who the better fighter is out of the 8 LWs and LHWs. I seriously despise those guys who get picked just because they can act like an idiot in an attempt to get face time. Watching Junie break shit and try and pull people in the pool is not being a character, its just being stupid. I am seriously hoping that he gets thrown off.

Lord of The Curry Posted Oct 13 2008, 01:52 PM

I get where you're coming from but going around various forums I'd say the amount of people who'd rather see Junie get booted by being KO'd or submitted rivals the group who just him out, period.

I think the best thing for them to do with the 2 douche bags from last week would have been to have them fight each other. Let the team that being morons have a buy that week, and let the 2 guys that were being tools eliminate one or there other.

Frank Mir sucks and so does his team. He should have died in that motorcycle accident.

What brought this on?

Mir and his team disrespecting Nogueira in the most recent episode.

I started watching MMA in 2003 and Mir was a nobody then and he's a mediocre fighter right now. He's been living off that victory over Sylvia for four god damn years. He doesn't deserve the shot at Nogueira at all. Who should get the title shot instead? I have no clue. He still doesn't deserve it. It's insane that some people think he even has a shot at beating Nogueira.

Frank Mir sucks and so does his team. He should have died in that motorcycle accident.

What brought this on?

Mir and his team disrespecting Nogueira in the most recent episode.

I started watching MMA in 2003 and Mir was a nobody then and he's a mediocre fighter right now. He's been living off that victory over Sylvia for four god damn years. He doesn't deserve the shot at Nogueira at all. Who should get the title shot instead? I have no clue. He still doesn't deserve it. It's insane that some people think he even has a shot at beating Nogueira.

Still no need to wish death upon someone, that's very petty. You make it sound like Mir raped your mother.

If you can't pop one off in 2 minutes, you're doing something wrong. So sayeth Bernie Mac.

Also, I don't think anyone would argue that: a) Mir doesn't deserve a shot at Minotauro, and b) Mir's team is largely acting like immature assholes. However, I don't find really see how Mir was being disrespectful last night. While it's obvious Nog was more serious about the situation, it never actually showed me Mir saying anything contrary about talking to his guys. With the editing on these shows, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in that he did talk to his guys about, even if in passing.

Also, Junie talking shit on Nover only to get amped for a fight with Delgado is a punk move.

And, for the hell of it, the order I would've drafted the fighters given the chance (after the preliminaries, including fighters forced to leave from injury):

LW: Nover, Escudero, Browning, McLaughlin, Nelson, Polakowski, Roop, Delgado, Kaplan

HW: Bader, Soszynski, Britt, Grigoryan, Kingsbury, Marshall, Primm, Magalhaes, Lawlor, Bruchez

Also, Junie talking shit on Nover only to get amped for a fight with Delgado is a punk move.

And, for the hell of it, the order I would've drafted the fighters given the chance (after the preliminaries, including fighters forced to leave from injury):

LW: Nover, Escudero, Browning, McLaughlin, Nelson, Polakowski, Roop, Delgado, Kaplan

HW: Bader, Soszynski, Britt, Grigoryan, Kingsbury, Marshall, Primm, Magalhaes, Lawlor, Bruchez

You would draft Grigoryan ahead of Marshall, despite Marshall beating him but losing a controversial desicion? I feel Marshall is the better fighter, and had he been more aggressive it would've been a wider desicion.

I'd give Grigroyan better odds against more of the fighters than Marshall, and I'd also view him as having more of a chance to improve during his time in the house than Marshall, who's already getting up there in age with a reputation for underperforming.

As for Delgado: There's a video of him getting his black belt from what looks like a Gracie affiliate. Granted, the actual testing looks a bit iffy, but Roli won his division at Arnold's this year, so he's not all talk.

One more thought: Unless it's somehow impossible to do so, they should really consider matching up fighters in the preliminaries better. There's no reason why Marshall & Grigoryan should've been fighting each other when a pair of no-hopers like Lawlor & Lopez were fighting for a shot in the house. Granted, they'll have to beat better fighters after getting into the house anyway, but I think it'd give otherwise talented fighters a chance to prove themselves even if they were unlucky enough to be badly matched in the prelims, and it keeps guys like Lawlor, Kaplan, Bruchez, and the rest out.

I'm really pissed of Antwain Britt didn't get a chance to show his shit... He had a great chance to win it all. On the same note, he fought last weekend and won by TKO in 31 seconds.